Death By Disco

DarkMegamanSX900

• 1 month later...

I finally got this trophy after 3 run (4th Challenge Mode).

I followed this video bellow, but it seems some enemies are missing.

So here is the others enemies you should also groov :

• Pokitaru : Birds at the top of waterfall
  • Qwark boss fight : Qwark invoke ravager agent nest. Groov the ravager agents AND the nest. Don't forgot to groov Qwark. When Qwark will use his groov for the 3rd time, he will invoke the nest. Don't kill Qwark too quickly and be carefull to not destroy the nest until you groov ravager agents and the nest. Even in hard mode, I killed Qwark too quickly and that's why I missed the ravagers agents.

You can also use the cheat infinite ammo to groov them all (need golt bolts).

No need to kill them with the groov, make them dance and kill them is enough.

It seems the enemies you groov are carried on when you do your 1st Challenge Mode.

When you are on your 2nd challenge mode and more, it won't count any more.

In my case, I had to do all the game from scratch to get this trophy (and groov Nefarious again).

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

I can confirm that Death by Disco trophy can be obtained on the very 1st playthrough & that Glowing Slugs & Tentacles are NOT NEEDED for the trophy. Here's what you need to know:

• There are 46 enemies to groove.
  • All enemies have only 1 dance animation. PowerPyx video wrongly shows that you need to groove Pool Shark (Sharkigator) 2 times (once while swimming & 1 once on floor). You only need to groove it on floor. Swimming "dance" is actually their swimming animation. 
  • You also need to groove Pokitaruan Darter Bat on Pokitaru (not in PowerPyx video). You can find them when you reach the top of the waterfall.
  • Some enemies appear on multiple planets. For more info on which enemy appears on which planet, check the wiki: https://ratchetandclank.fandom.com/wiki/Ratchet_%26_Clank_Wiki:Main_Page

Good luck everyone & don't give up!

Edited by kenseizenkai
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Guides have said this isn't possible on a first playthrough but after using the Groovitron on the final boss this trophy popped for me. I'm confused because in the first planet I definitely did not use the Groovitron on the glow-in-the-dark slime enemies (Groovitron not available to purchase at the beginning). The other enemies in the first planet I believe exist in other planets so I got them later on, but those glowing slimes are specific to the first planet so maybe they do not count towards the trophy? 

Edited by PostGameBlues

• 3 weeks later...

To give some more in-depth information of what the last cople of posters have said:

You do not need to go to challenge mode to get this trophy. I got it during my very first playthrough, after making Nefarious dance. Out of PowerPyx's video and the suggestion here, there are only two enemies that I did not hit with the Groovitron (since they didn't appear after getting it): the glowing slug in the first level and the green tentacle in the train. That is to say, they are not needed for the trophy.

I kept a list of every single enemy I hit. I made sure to hit them multiple times as well, pretty much during every encounter. This is the full list, the enemies are in order of appearance (I'm using PowerPyx's names, you can check their video to see which monster is which):

1. Horny Toad
  2. Flamethrower robot (can't get at first; he appears on Kalebo III)
  3. Blarg shooter (can't get at first; spawns in multiple levels)
  4. Dropship (can't get at first; spawns in multiple levels)
  5. Warbot I (can't get at first; spawns in multiple levels)
  6. Flying dinosaur (they appear on Veldin when you revisit the level)
  7. Amoebid x3
  8. Robot bird
  9. Yellow grenade launcher robot
  10. Robot dog (Kerwan)
  11. Big blarg shooter
  12. Helicopter (can't get at first; spawns in multiple levels)
  13. Sandshark
  14. Sandshark nest (can't get at first; spawns in multiple levels)
  15. Constructobot
  16. Extermibot
  17. Tank (Rilgar)
  18. Pool shark (I made sure to hit them both in-water and out-of-water, though they only triggered an animation outside of the water)
  19. Green hornet toad
  20. Alien shooter
  21. Brown lizard
  22. Alien lizard
  23. Snagglebeast
  24. Robot dog (Gaspar)
  25. Turret shooter
  26. Small robot with blades
  27. Robot assembly bot
  28. Warbot II (with jetpack)
  29. Killer crab
  30. Telepathopus (Gaspar)
  31. Blarg bomb throwers
  32. Tank (Batalion)
  33. Zurkon
  34. Mrs. Zurkon
  35. Puffer Fish
  36. Telepathopus (Pokitaru)
  37. Flying dinosaurs at the top of the waterfall (Pokitaru)
  38. Jetpack blarg
  39. Dog with glowing eyes
  40. Tank (Deplanetizer)
  41. Warbot III (Deplanetizer and Kalebo III)
  42. Warbot IV (Deplanetizer, second visit)
  43. Qwark
  44. Dr. Nefarious (ONLY ONCE WAS NEEDED)
  45. Gadgetron Vendor

The only one that was not included in PowerPyx's list was the birds at the top of the Pokitaru waterfall. The ones I have seen here and other places that have been mentioned yet I didn't need to hit were the green tentacle, the glowing slug, and Dr. Nefarious for a second time when he's down. I also added the Gadgetron Vendor as I read someone getting the trophy once they did it. The cube does have a dancing animation, so I dunno.