PS Plus on single vita shared with 2 accounts HELP !

YasserAhmed136

I have an active PS Plus membership with dozen of PS Vita games .. On my PS3 & PS4 I could share those games with my brother so he could play them on the same console ,, Now I got the vita and can't find out how to make this happen , So if anyone could help me on this matter or had the same issue please tell me what Isould do to make it work .

I have an active PS Plus membership with dozen of PS Vita games .. On my PS3 & PS4 I could share those games with my brother so he could play them on the same console ,, Now I got the vita and can't find out how to make this happen , So if anyone could help me on this matter or had the same issue please tell me what Isould do to make it work .

As A-Brawl3r said, 1 account per Vita. If you want two accounts, you'll need two memory cards and you'll need to reset the Vita every time you swap and you still won't be able to share your Plus games with your brother.

As A-Brawl3r said, 1 account per Vita. If you want two accounts, you'll need two memory cards and you'll need to reset the Vita every time you swap and you still won't be able to share your Plus games with your brother.

So I got this idea but don't know if it will work and I can't test it now but will do it on sunday .. anyway maybe you know if it won't work , so here it is :

1-download the games from my account to the PS3

2-transfer them with a usb cable to the PS Vita with my brother account on it

3- He could play them this way and if I wanted I could delete every thing and do it with my account on the Vita 

have this been tested before ??

So I got this idea but don't know if it will work and I can't test it now but will do it on sunday .. anyway maybe you know if it won't work , so here it is :

1-download the games from my account to the PS3

2-transfer them with a usb cable to the PS Vita with my brother account on it

3- He could play them this way and if I wanted I could delete every thing and do it with my account on the Vita

have this been tested before ??

Doesn't work. It only allows you to transfer games to a Vita registered to the same account as the one that downloaded the game on ps3.

• Like 2

Just sign in on your account on his vita? Much easier :dunno:

You can only sign in with one account on the Vita and it locks onto whatever memory card is inserted in the Vita. If he signs on, he will have access to all his Plus games, but his brother will be playing on his account. If is brother signs on instead, his brother will have no access to his Plus games.

It's not like PS3 or PS4 where multiple can be signed on at once.

Oh yea, this again... On the other hand, if this worked, my profile would be full of unreadables :awesome:

As others said, there are workarounds but these workarounds are only useful if you have two main accounts and you don't want to buy 2 Vita-tans. You cannot share games between them.

I'm not sure how this is on Vita TV since it has some internal memory (not just for the OS & updates) and technically, if you were able to save it to internal storage you would be able to use it on all accounts, but I don't know if it's possible to save game SW to Vita TV internal storage.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 1

You can only sign in with one account on the Vita and it locks onto whatever memory card is inserted in the Vita. If he signs on, he will have access to all his Plus games, but his brother will be playing on his account. If is brother signs on instead, his brother will have no access to his Plus games.

It's not like PS3 or PS4 where multiple can be signed on at once.

Oh, I had 2 Vitas at one point both signed in on the same account, didn't notice any issues with games at all.

If you try to put a game that wasn't purchased on your account onto a vita you'll get a message "Error, you do not own this content or it has expired"

Yup I just figured that out .. I can't believe that sony had screwed this one so badly like this , I have been always a sony fan and I hope they fix this on the next handheld platform .

Anyway , we will have to stick to my account on the vita and I'll play from it the games I want and he will play on the remote play some of the Plus inde games with remote play from the PS4 AFTER WE FORMAT THE VITA EVERY SINGLE TIME WE WANT TO SWITCH USERS . this is so frustrating .

Just sign in on your account on his vita? Much easier :dunno:

He won't be able to play on his account then , Why would he care so much about playing on his account ?? Trophies

Edited by YasserAhmed136

Yup I just figured that out .. I can't believe that sony had screwed this one so badly like this , I have been always a sony fan and I hope they fix this on the next handheld platform .

Nope, not a screw up. Sure if you're a consumer that wants to pay for stuff once and then let someone else play your stuff, you would see it that way. A console hooked up to a shared television needs to have multiple accounts because of the nature of the device. Portable devices don't. Welcome to the golden age of DRM!

Sony would rather everyone have their own personal portable (Vita) with their own account. So you share a cell phone with your brother? This was done intentionally. You can always let him play games on your account. I don't think Sony gives a crap about you not wanting his trophy progress on your account.

Sharing Plus games is an extra perk of having a PS3/PS4, not a missing feature of a Vita.

• Like 1

I'm not sure how this is on Vita TV since it has some internal memory (not just for the OS & updates) and technically, if you were able to save it to internal storage you would be able to use it on all accounts, but I don't know if it's possible to save game SW to Vita TV internal storage.

Vita TV doesn't have any internal memory, it functions the exact same as the original Vitas where you need to have to have a memory card in it to save anything. It functions basically the exact same as a vita except you're connecting it to a TV and can't play some games. 

Vita TV doesn't have any internal memory, it functions the exact same as the original Vitas where you need to have to have a memory card in it to save anything. It functions basically the exact same as a vita except you're connecting it to a TV and can't play some games. 

It has 1GB internal storage... at least mine does.

• Like 1

Anyway , we will have to stick to my account on the vita and I'll play from it the games I want and he will play on the remote play some of the Plus inde games with remote play from the PS4 AFTER WE FORMAT THE VITA EVERY SINGLE TIME WE WANT TO SWITCH USERS . this is so frustrating .

He won't be able to play on his account then , Why would he care so much about playing on his account ?? Trophies

I highly doubt sony will try another handheld after the vita, it doesn't seem viable financially to them

It has 1GB internal storage... at least mine does.

Huh, completely missed that being on the box. Either way, that's 1 GB that is also used for the OS and everything, so you get even less than that for actual storage. And it still functions the same as a regular Vita and doesn't afford any sort of extra options. 

I have been always a sony fan and I hope they fix this on the next handheld platform .

I'm with the others. I hardly think Sony would go for another handheld after SE and SNA gave up on Vita.

The Vita is still doing really well in Japan, just not doing well anywhere else.

Which is why they will probably not make another handheld.

West does not want it and Japan is content with Vita-tan.

• 4 months later...

I just found something which might make it possible - but didn't had the chance to try it until now

You can log into a second account and earn trophies on it if you do this:

1) remove your memory card
2) sign out of primary account
3) reset Vita to factory setting
4) insert another memory card (label both)
5) sign in to secondary account
6) play games & earn trophies
7) smile & do a happy happy joy joy dance!!

Unfortunately, this process must be fine every single time you want to switch accounts...until Sony changes "the law" ,_,

source:http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/67675048

I just found something which might make it possible - but didn't had the chance to try it until now

You can log into a second account and earn trophies on it if you do this:

1) remove your memory card

2) sign out of primary account

3) reset Vita to factory setting

4) insert another memory card (label both)

5) sign in to secondary account

6) play games & earn trophies

7) smile & do a happy happy joy joy dance!!

Unfortunately, this process must be fine every single time you want to switch accounts...until Sony changes "the law" ,_,

source:http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/67675048

Sure, this works but you can't share games between them.

Simply because the content is saved on memory card.