Red Dead Redemption 2 Map Leaked, Will Be A Prequel

Parker

If its a prequel, Red Dead Redemption "2" doesn't really make sense.

What a silly thing to point out. At no point has anyone at Rockstar said the game is called "Red Dead Redemption 2". It's just a placeholder name people have used for the sake of convenience and brevity instead of saying "the followup to Red Dead Redemption" since we don't know the official title. For all we know, the game could be called Red Dead Redemption: Redeem Harderer.

What a silly thing to point out. At no point has anyone at Rockstar said the game is called "Red Dead Redemption 2". It's just a placeholder name people have used for the sake of convenience and brevity instead of saying "the followup to Red Dead Redemption" since we don't know the official title. For all we know, the game could be called Red Dead Redemption: Redeem Harderer.

Or the best way would be to simply say a new Red Dead game or Red Dead 3. Not silly at all. 

Anyway its obviously going to be called Red Dead Rising Revengeance  :P  

As long as it is not a direct sequel and we have to play as that pussy Jack  :P Hes got to be one of the most hated characters. 

It's a shame, because I liked Jack, I thought it was really well done contrasting him against John's character. It wasn't until I actually played as him after the conclusion that I didn't like him. Anyway, it's unlikely we'll see a sequel set after Redemption's ending. The west had gone by the end, western heroes like Lando had grown old and died, as had outlaws like John and his gang. Maybe a setting around the Civil War?

• Like 1

If its a prequel, Red Dead Redemption "2" doesn't really make sense. 

John Marstons past would be really cools to explore though. This would mean that we'd be playing as gangsters and outlaws. Train robbery here i come.

I dont think we would be playing as John though as Rockstar dont tend to use the same characters.

This. Though Marston will always be awesome, I doubt he'd come back as anything more as a cameo...where he'd announce that he's a married man.  :P

• Like 1

When was this?

Later last year.

https://www.vg247.com/2015/09/11/gta-5-no-single-player-dlc-or-new-heists/

I guess not to say it'll never happen... but if I were holding my breath for it, I would've died a long time ago.  The last time they spoke about single player DLC in a favorable way was around late 2013/early 2014.

Edited by Dreakon13

Later last year.

https://www.vg247.com/2015/09/11/gta-5-no-single-player-dlc-or-new-heists/

I guess not to say it'll never happen... but if I were holding my breath for it, I would've died a long time ago.  The last time they spoke about single player DLC in a favorable way was around late 2013/early 2014.

Ah, I thought they straight up confirmed there was nothing coming. It's cool, it's not like we've been waiting since 2013 for it guize.