Servers Will Shut Down on May 31st

alien713

Holy moly, I will be just in time to get the online trophies PogChamp, only 1 more week(next week). Also if you really want to plat this game and dont have the time to stick in one place then you could go travel a bit, but it will be hard. Unless you live in the Netherlands like me and has a city every quart hour of travel :lol:

I've owned this once physically since launch. I'm going to have to peek at a guide and see if I want to knock any online trophies out before the shutdown. 

Thanks for the heads up!

Also: How the hell have I never seen that Playstation page before?! No one has ever linked to it here, seems like members just compiled decommissioned server lists on threads as people experienced them!

Also: How the hell have I never seen that Playstation page before?! No one has ever linked to it here, seems like members just compiled decommissioned server lists on threads as people experienced them!

_20160417_024535_zpsg8stljin.jpg

You can find this link on most of the game covers  :) This page lists games published almost only by Sony, other publishers have their own ones (e.g. EA: http://www.ea.com/en/1/service-updates)

can still get every other trophy but those 6 including the plat

it takes 3-4 months anyway to plat so not missing out on much :(.

You probably wont get the plat done by that time, unless you travel a lot, so if you want the plat, probably best to just skip it.

Holy moly, I will be just in time to get the online trophies PogChamp, only 1 more week(next week). Also if you really want to plat this game and dont have the time to stick in one place then you could go travel a bit, but it will be hard. Unless you live in the Netherlands like me and has a city every quart hour of travel :lol:

Use Skyhook, you guys can change the city your router thinks you're in and then boom, you can get the plat in like a day...

Use Skyhook, you guys can change the city your router thinks you're in and then boom, you can get the plat in like a day...

I'd like to try this method, but I'm currently staying with someone else and I don't want to fuck up anything for them by tampering with their wifi/router. Will the skyhook method affect my hosts in any noticeable way? If so, how can I negate the effects?

Edited by GIONAScm2

Just have enough time to pop some extra street smart stars

I'd like to try this method, but I'm currently staying with someone else and I don't want to fuck up anything for them. Will the skyhook method affect my hosts in any noticeable way? If so, how can I negate the effects?

Only works if your vita is just wifi

Well I tried the Skyhook method today and it didn't work for me. This may be caused by one of the following reasons:

1) Skyhook states it might take a while to have your router location effectively changed. I'll wait a couple of hours (maybe a whole day) to have my challenges updated.

2) I read somewhere that Vita uses an algorithm that checks all wifi signals around to determine your location. In this scenario updating only the router your Vita is connected to won't work. One possible solution would be to update location for all routers around, but it might not be ok to mess up with other people networks. Another solution would be to isolate your Vita in a way the only signal it can detect is the one sent by your router, but I have no clue on how to do that.

Any thoughts?  :lol:

How far do you need to travel every day if you don't want to trick the game with skyhook? I work over 30 miles away from home so would I be able to just do what I need to with my normal routine? With Destiny of Spirits, just by going to work and home, I was able to get about 6 free spirits every day. I'm not sure how this game works and don't want to start it if I need to do this skyhook thing.

Once again we have a reason why I will never do games with online trophies that have been aged for years. The chances of servers getting shut down and trophies being not achievable stinks to high heaven. :angry:

Agree. In the case of "Smart As..." is even worse, because in my opinion Sony should've announced this with enough time for a person with zero online trophies to get them legitimately.

How far do you need to travel every day if you don't want to trick the game with skyhook? I work over 30 miles away from home so would I be able to just do what I need to with my normal routine? 

I think it depends on your specific region. I got most stars during a road trip down the motorway here in the UK, and connecting via 3G. It'd take ages to refresh the region (thanks 3G connection!) but seemed to recognise every major town and city en route. 

If your 30 mile journey keeps you in the same city though, you might not get 2 sets of challenges. 

Thanks OP for the notice. Wow I was planning to post about how now is the time to try for them but the thread doesn't give me much hope (day one vita 3G model). I'll still check the guides and see though.

You might try connecting with 3G and Wifi separately if you have a SIM card in your Vita.

I was able to access 2 sets of challenges from home when I did the Street Smart stars. When I connected with WiFi, it correctly identified the town that I lived in. When I connected with 3g, without moving an inch, the servers thought I was in a neighbouring town.