Servers Will Shut Down on May 31st

alien713

How far do you need to travel every day if you don't want to trick the game with skyhook? I work over 30 miles away from home so would I be able to just do what I need to with my normal routine? With Destiny of Spirits, just by going to work and home, I was able to get about 6 free spirits every day. I'm not sure how this game works and don't want to start it if I need to do this skyhook thing.

30 miles...you should be able to do 3-4 locations........

I did this with 2 locations....whenever I traveled to campus.

Took me 2 months and 3 weeks. with just 2.

If you can get 4 areas a week....then you can do it by may 31st.

Man this is some bullshit,didn't tried this game because I always have high priorities than PSN games on ma backlog but this is some sad news.If I knew trophies were this nonsense I would've played it when Plus gave it.Stupid devs and their stupid ideas for online trophies,wonder if we'll ever see an end to this...and like someone said they could've warned us in a date that would still allow people to get the trophies legitimately but nah they don't give a fuck about us.

As always it'll be sad to start this game and have unobtainable trophies on the list.

• Like 2

Well.. I started it and instant regret. :/ I can't get this Skyhook thing to work, and my Vita is the Wi-Fi model. Any suggestions?

Edit: Eureka! Guess I had the wrong Mac address. I went into the settings on our laptop first. Turns out you can just go into the Vita's to find the correct one. 

Edited by DamagingRob

Well.. I started it and instant regret. :/ I can't get this Skyhook thing to work, and my Vita is the Wi-Fi model. Any suggestions?

Edit: Eureka! Guess I had the wrong Mac address. I went into the settings on our laptop first. Turns out you can just go into the Vita's to find the correct one. 

Hey DamagingRob, you went to Settings / Network / Internet Connection Status to get the MAC address right? I see two addresses here, which one did you get?

Also, was your Vita detecting other network signals around?

I mean, what is the benefit from doing it?

Servers don't run themselves for free. There are costs involved. If no one is using them, then the cost/benefit analysis swings in favour of shutting them down. 

So the benefit is saving money. 

Edited by StrickenBiged
  • Like 2

I got the Platinum trophy on this about 2 years ago, and I did it legit including playing on 100 different days.

For the online Street Smart trophies, you can rack up the stars by finding different locations on a quick road trip if there are other cities nearby. With my 3G Vita, I was able to find the location while riding in the car, start the challenge, quit, and then search for another. I found 5 different locations within about 20 miles and eventually earned 8-9 stars on each of them. You can keep trying the location challenges even after you have left the area, up until the expiration time. 

• Like 1

Hey DamagingRob, you went to Settings / Network / Internet Connection Status to get the MAC address right? I see two addresses here, which one did you get?

Also, was your Vita detecting other network signals around?

It has BSSID in front of it. Should be in this format: ??:??:??:??:?? And yeah, I have some neighbors with WiFi.

• Like 1

It has BSSID in front of it. Should be in this format: ??:??:??:??:?? And yeah, I have some neighbors with WiFi.

I'm amazed about how it worked for you this way. My vita will never fetch the new location set through skyhook because of the wifi signals around. I had to go to a corner of my room where my vita detected only my own wifi and it finally worked  :D

I'm amazed about how it worked for you this way. My vita will never fetch the new location set through skyhook because of the wifi signals around. I had to go to a corner of my room where my vita detected only my own wifi and it finally worked  :D

I'm imagining you curled up in the corner of the room, protecting your Vita from all those nasty signals...

8005917_f520.jpg

:lol:

• Like 1

I'm imagining you curled up in the corner of the room, protecting your Vita from all those nasty signals...

8005917_f520.jpg

:lol:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Not so hard though, there's something in my room that weakens the signals, even the one provided by my router. I never figured why.

• Like 1

I don't know.. Maybe I should provide a step-by-step guide of what I'm doing? It doesn't work every time, I can tell you that. Changing states seems to work better, than simply changing cities in the same state. I've just bounced back and forth, between Illinois, Indiana, and Ohio. You also need pretty large areas. For example, the city it actually registers as my "hometown," is 35 miles away.. And population is over 100,000, when combining the 2 connected cities(though I was able to do both, so you may just need a town of over 50k).

Turning your Vita off and back on after changing seems to be key, as well. Sometimes, I've had to do that a couple times to get it to register. And I'd ignore checking with Near. I don't even think that ap works, anymore. Or it isn't fooling it, but fools Smart As.  :dunno:

Edited by DamagingRob

Sony should let the players have access to private servers so they could archieve online trophys

Or online trophys should have a offline way to archive it like in Mass Effect. Maybe developers can hand that in later with an update 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone!

Can anyone create a Petition for Sony don't close now the servers from this games because i know every people it's buying this game and it's impossible to win 100 Star in a Couple Days, i win my from 50 Stars Today because it's dificult to enconter people who playing the game on my zone... :(

If any one can create e petition im gonna help because i want this servers opened for more days because it's impossible to get 50 Stars in 7 Days.... :(

I'm very sad because i like this game but i want the platinum and i know every people are on the same side as mine because alot people have the game and don't know the servers close... :(

I appreciate all the help if any one want to create a petition for this....Please SONY ONE LAS TIME PLEASEEEEEEE.....

Hi Everyone!

Can anyone create a Petition for Sony don't close now the servers from this games because i know every people it's buying this game and it's impossible to win 100 Star in a Couple Days, i win my from 50 Stars Today because it's dificult to enconter people who playing the game on my zone... :(

If any one can create e petition im gonna help because i want this servers opened for more days because it's impossible to get 50 Stars in 7 Days.... :(

I'm very sad because i like this game but i want the platinum and i know every people are on the same side as mine because alot people have the game and don't know the servers close... :(

I appreciate all the help if any one want to create a petition for this....Please SONY ONE LAS TIME PLEASEEEEEEE.....

Nobody cares about a petition for online servers. Use the skyhook method