Servers Will Shut Down on May 31st

alien713

Anyone can teach me what i have to do like a mine guide with the principal's topics for a mini guide because i thin i doing anything wrong... :( If any one can help me i appreciate alot please... :'(

Dude, everything you have to know/do to get these trophies is described in the trophy guide. Check it out:

http://psnprofiles.com/trophy/1671-Smart-As/29-Globe-Trotter

As some people here mentioned before in this very same topic (myself included), you need to do ONE of the two following things:

1) Go to a place in your house where your Vita can detect ONLY YOUR OWN WIFI signal; or

2) Use Skyhook - http://www.skyhookwireless.com/submit-access-point- to change the location FOR EVERY SINGLE WIFI your Vita can detect the signal for.

Also, make sure you are getting the right Mac address (again, read the guide above carefully). If you want to be sure, check out the applications suggested by Skyhook (find the links in the same form you use to change location for the given mac addresses).

DON'T GIVE UP, YOU ARE STILL ON TIME TO DO THIS! You can get all of the online trophies in a matter of hours. I finished getting the online trophies today \o/ Skyhook method totally works.

• Like 1

how do i change location for every wifi my vita see when I  only have the password to use my wifi it don't make sense and besides I need 72 stars to get my last 2 online trophies which even with the skyhook method ill never get it done by Tuesday it will be one game I cant plat unless the street smart mode still works after may tuesday 31th 2016 which would be great because then I could get it in 15weeks from now give or take lmao

Edited by GRIM-REAPERx1984

YES!!! I got so lucky! This is the final Street Smart week before the servers shut down, and I needed 8 stars this week to get the platinum just in time.

Up until last week I didn't even know the servers were gonna shut down on the 31st, so I guess my timing couldn't be any better. The Skyhook thing wouldn't have worked for me either since I have the 3G model. 

Thank god the Hard Cubemania puzzle wasn't too difficult this week, so I got my final 2 stars there. If I had a Roller Blocks puzzle on Hard this week, it would've been very hard for me to achieve the platinum.

how do i change location for every wifi my vita see when I  only have the password to use my wifi it don't make sense and besides I need 72 stars to get my last 2 online trophies which even with the skyhook method ill never get it done by Tuesday it will be one game I cant plat unless the street smart mode still works after may tuesday 31th 2016 which would be great because then I could get it in 15weeks from now give or take lmao

Thing is you don't need to log into the wifi to change its location. Skyhook form only requires the wifi mac address, the location and your email.

Dude, everything you have to know/do to get these trophies is described in the trophy guide. Check it out:

http://psnprofiles.com/trophy/1671-Smart-As/29-Globe-Trotter

As some people here mentioned before in this very same topic (myself included), you need to do ONE of the two following things:

1) Go to a place in your house where your Vita can detect ONLY YOUR OWN WIFI signal; or

2) Use Skyhook - http://www.skyhookwireless.com/submit-access-point- to change the location FOR EVERY SINGLE WIFI your Vita can detect the signal for.

Also, make sure you are getting the right Mac address (again, read the guide above carefully). If you want to be sure, check out the applications suggested by Skyhook (find the links in the same form you use to change location for the given mac addresses).

DON'T GIVE UP, YOU ARE STILL ON TIME TO DO THIS! You can get all of the online trophies in a matter of hours. I finished getting the online trophies today \o/ Skyhook method totally works.

I'm trying the Skyhook method now, i got the MAC address from the way suggested by the guide, but every time i enter the location, MAC and email, it says "The entered location does not seem correct"  i've tried different locations, but still the same.

FYI, i live in Libya and the closest location the server finds my vita on when playing the weekly challenges is Valletta, Malta.

Any help would be great!! I've been working on this plat for months and i didn't know about the servers closing till today. Would hate to have this unplatinumed over on missing star!

um I can only see the mac address for my wifi so iv giving up on the plat until after may 31th then ill try to see  if I can still get it I might get lucky u never know lmao

You may be able to see the mac address for other wifi networks around if you use a specific software to do it. Skyhook webpage suggests using iStumbler.

I'm trying the Skyhook method now, i got the MAC address from the way suggested by the guide, but every time i enter the location, MAC and email, it says "The entered location does not seem correct"  i've tried different locations, but still the same.

FYI, i live in Libya and the closest location the server finds my vita on when playing the weekly challenges is Valletta, Malta.

Any help would be great!! I've been working on this plat for months and i didn't know about the servers closing till today. Would hate to have this unplatinumed over on missing star!

Hmmm this seems to be a problem with Skyhook itself. What I know from the guide and from other people is that you might get some trouble if you set your wifi to some location outside the country you live. Not totally sure about this though.

Edited by tnaires

You may be able to see the mac address for other wifi networks around if you use a specific software to do it. Skyhook webpage suggests using iStumbler.

Hmmm this seems to be a problem with Skyhook itself. What I know from the guide and from other people is that you might get some trouble if you set your wifi to some location outside the country you live. Not totally sure about this though.

well that's a bummer, looks like i'll be locked out of the plat because of one last star :(

Just wanted to give my thanks for the announcement. Just happened to browse the site, and saw the topic on one of the pages I was viewing. Downloaded the game today, and got all 100 stars in a few hours using the location spoofing method.

Thanks for looking out for us :)

• Like 1

Too bad, I was really enjoying it :/ Perfect game for holidays.

You'll still be able to play nearly all of the game without a problem, only the Street Smart function (and related trophies) will most likely be disabled after tomorrow.

Thankfully today the game managed to get my location and was able to get the last star, and with it the platinum.

You go girl (:

we could get lucky and still be able to play street smart and get the trophies that goes with that mode after tomorrow I give it  50/50 odds that we can or cant not still get plat after tomorrow good luck everyone we will now for sure after tomorrow lmao

I have 31/100 stars so ill guest I will  see if I get a new street smart challenge Friday night and if I do ill post it here skyhook method don't work for me so I got to try to get it legit if its possible to still get plat after today good luck everyone lmao

It would be a total blunder and waste of Sony's time for them to update their own server shutdown page (https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/legal/gameservers/), send a message about it shutting down 45 days before it's due to shut down and then just *not* shut it down. You keep holding on to blind hope. The rest of us will just go ahead expect it to get shut down when announced.