Batman: Return To Arkham Collection coming out in June for PS4 and Xbox One

Glad it's finally announced after months since the rumors started buzzing around and not a long wait neither. Shame Origins isn't included though as it introduced some new good stuff (apart from the multiplayer of course) which was later used in AK.

I reckon the trophies for Asylum will not be loaded to your profile until you played the game. So if it is only City that you'll be playing you won't get the Asylum trophy. Coz it is the case for the Uncharted Collection.

Hopefully this will have a fair price. I haven't played City yet so im looking forward to this remastered version

• Like 1

Only played the first it was not bad. I'll pick this up before Arkham Knight:)

Glad it doesn't have origins this is the Arkham collection. And from what I've heard origins was not very good( although that might of been the bitterness about a tacked on multiplayer )

Edited by VitalFury

Oh, man I love the Arkham series, but with such a pricetag and no Origins, I think I will pass and wait for a pricedrop, unfortunately :(

I think they didn't Origins in there because it wasn't developed by RS. A shame really as the story in Origins is pretty good compared to City. If the pricing includes DLC, I'll jump on board.

edit: I've just watched the video and it said all the DLC is included so I will jump on this. Batman A City DLC is crazy expensive on PS3/XB360.

Edited by FlareXV

Unfortunately I just started playing the PS3 Arkham Asylum. I should have waited. Plus I got Arkham City free from being a Plus member. I'll probably pass on this. But it looks cool. 

Edited by Lilseb93

if anything they should have just included Arkham Knight with it seeing as you can get it around $30 now. However, i dont think this game needed a HD port. Gaming industry isnt changing much by rereleasing everything from last gen...again. wont be buying. but those who are first timers, its a good series. enjoy.

Hilarious thread, people waiting for a $30 price or less for a bundle of remastered games for current gen.

By the way, I'm not saying that I was willing to pay $60 (or the already announced $50 US), of course not. I thought it was going to be no more than $40.

I was actually waiting for a trilogy bundle with Arkham knight GOTY edition, all for $60, that would be a no brainer. Missed opportunity.

[snip]

Was just about to post this myself.

IMO, it looks WORSE in the remaster. Waaay too much use of motion blur, and too much colour saturation which I think makes it look less realistic. Then there's weird things like the characters' faces have become less textured (look at the close ups of the characters at the beginning) and some of the textures have been re-worked to be less interesting, e.g. Catwoman's suit. 

• Like 1

like i said in another reply maybe the reason that they didn't included origins is that it wasn't that well received unlike rocksteady's titles and it had some problems, so they didn't wanted to include a poor received title on a physical collection because maybe that would affect its potential sales, maybe they could have release it standalone on digital though, but oh well

All video games have problem. Rocksteady's are no exception. Not including Origins simply because it got a 75 instead of a 95 is ridiculous. It is part of the Arkham canon and therefore should be included, review scores be damned. Arkham Origins is a good game despite what many would have you believe.

• Like 2

All video games have problem. Rocksteady's are no exception. Not including Origins simply because it got a 75 instead of a 95 is ridiculous. It is part of the Arkham canon and therefore should be included, review scores be damned. Arkham Origins is a good game despite what many would have you believe.

one thing is having little problems and another one is having big problems. i mean since this wasn't made by rocksteady which once said that players should ignore it they didn't wanted to include a poor received game on a bundle, because then they would lose sales from potential buyers.

they could have released as a standalone title on digital, but oh well.

Edited by smellslikejavier

Origins is my favorite story wise. I think the 75 score came from the inclusion of the MP mode. And my personal opinion of course, is that Origins has the best boss battles of all the batman games. 

Compare the deathstroke fight in Origins to Knight and that alone proves a point.

Was just about to post this myself.

IMO, it looks WORSE in the remaster. Waaay too much use of motion blur, and too much colour saturation which I think makes it look less realistic. Then there's weird things like the characters' faces have become less textured (look at the close ups of the characters at the beginning) and some of the textures have been re-worked to be less interesting, e.g. Catwoman's suit. 

I second this Catwoman looks hilarious and the majority of the time the details are completely lost. The draw distance is the ony noticeable improvement. What i find worrying about these remasters is a lot of the time in the comparison videos I'm looking at the original thinking its a decent improvement then realise that the remaster has just messed things up.

• Like 1