Good Deal?

Lars

I really want a PS4, and a close friend of mine recently said to me that he wanted to sell his.

He has quite a lot of money so he gave me a deal, i think it's amazing and a very good deal.

He offered me his PS4 with 1 controller and his games for €500, this contains:

PS4 system

1 Controller

Grand Theft Auto V (platted this on ps3)

COD Black Ops 3

Dying Light

Driveclub

Dragon Age Inquisition (own this on ps3)

Far Cry 4 (platted this on ps3)

Tomb Raider Definitive Edition ( don't know about this one, want to play it on ps3 in the very near future)

Bloodborne

The Crew

The Witcher 3

Until Dawn

Uncharted 4 (forgot to mention this, can buy it after he finished it)

I think this is an amazing deal for me, because i'm a collector, and like almost every game except for strategy games, and turn-based games.

I want some more games after this, my favorite genre is racing, really love them, but the games i definitely also want are:

Ratchet and Clank (favorite series)

Dirt Rally ( second favorite serie)

Infamous Second Son and First Light

MGS V: The Phantom Pain

Just Cause 3

Fallout 4

Maybe:

Assassins Creed Unity and Syndicate

Batman Arkham Knight

Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor

Far Cry Primal

Lords Of The Fallen

Mad Max

Need For Speed

Project Cars

The Witness

Trials Fusion

Trackmania

These games i maybe pick up if they are on sale.

So what do you guys think, probably that i spent to much money and if i continue with this i will end up under a bridge somewhere. But i won't let that happen.

Also, good choices for games?

Edited by lars9612
  • Like 2

Great deal! Take it definitely. And I'd recommend from your list Just Cause 3 and Infamous Second Son/ First Light. Great games. And also Shadow Of Mordor as well. And also for some of my recommendations, I'd say Dust An Elysian Tail PS4, Everybody's Gone To The Rapture PS4, The Order 1886 PS4, and Wolfenstein The New Order PS4. Loved all those titles.

Great deal! Take it definitely. And I'd recommend from your list Just Cause 3 and Infamous Second Son/ First Light. Great games. And also Shadow Of Mordor as well. And also for some of my recommendations, I'd say Dust An Elysian Tail PS4, Everybody's Gone To The Rapture PS4, The Order 1886 PS4, and Wolfenstein The New Order PS4. Loved all those titles.

Thanks for the advice, still have to look a the full library of games this amazing system has to offer.

But as you can see, my backlog for PS3 is huge, have to start on most of them. i think if i want to play everything i have to seclude myself from other people and go away for 4 years.

So i have to really look what i definitely want, because otherwise it would be a waste of money, just like a lot of my PS3 games that i will possibly never play

• Like 1

Sounds like a deal but to me it's not thst great of a deal... Unless you really care for and want to play those games they are worthless. I mean there's 11 games, maybe 15$ for used, that's like 165$ there. So he is selling you the ps4 for $400.56?? A new ps4 is what $300.. I don't know, feels like the deal could be better.

The console is a year old i think, but he hasn't used it a lot, that's also the reason he sells it, and btw, the games here are all fairly expensive used, all above €20, and i forgot to mention completely, this will make the deal very good i think, it will also contain uncharted 4, he has preordered it the moment it was possible, and when he has finished the game, i can buy the console

I guess having a newer game Uncharted4 makes it a bit better. But I would check the real value of all the used games. To me even at $25 a game X 11 it would still be $275 with the ps4 at 290.56. It's nice your country game value stays high. In my country old games like those drop significantly, almost as cheap as a bag of organic dirt.

Depends if you want every single game. You can get a new PS4 with extra controller and ratchet and clank for €369 (Bart Smit folder). Considering that, you'd have €131 left to buy games. That should give you at least 4 games second hand.

So €500 either nets you

a new console, 2 controllers, 1 new game and 4+ second hand games (likely 6+ if you go to marktplaats or something) or

a used console, 1 controller, 11 used games.

Personally, I'd go for the new console, but if you want more games and you trust the person, you could go for it.

Edited by Ric

Depends if you want every single game. You can get a new PS4 with extra controller and ratchet and clank for €369 (Bart Smit folder). Considering that, you'd have €131 left to buy games. That should give you at least 4 games second hand.

So €500 either nets you

a new console, 2 controllers, 1 new game and 4+ second hand games (likely 6+ if you go to marktplaats or something) or

a used console, 1 controller, 11 used games.

Personally, I'd go for the new console, but if you want more games and you trust the person, you could go for it.

I trust the guy, know him for 10 years already.

I'm not completely sure about the Tomb Raider, the rest is on my wishlist, GTA and Far Cry are both in my favorite games list.

I think Far Cry 3 was better then 4, but i really enjoyed it and want to play it again on PS4, so i think it is a good deal, especially with Uncharted in it 

It depends if you want this now or can wait.  All 11 of those games will be $20 or less new come Christmas (some are already), and with the PSVR and all the talk of PS4.5, I think the price of the current PS4s will drop.  You may be kicking yourself then, as chances are you could get everything he's selling new, instead of used, and for $100 less.  BUT, if you don't want to wait, you can always buy it from him now.  Without taking into account any future changes, it's not a bad deal, though I don't think I'd call it a deal.  You're still paying $500 for a used console with a bunch of games that are used that heavily range in price.  Half of those games used are already pretty cheap and Driveclub was free if you have Plus.  I guess I'd call it an even exchange of goods and money.  Instead of buying a used system and used games at the store, you're getting them used from someone you trust.  But then again, maybe things are more expensive where you are.  I know you're using Euros (and I'm too lazy to lookup the hotkey for it right now which is why I'm using dollar signs), so maybe in Europe PS4s and games are pricier, even used.  But in the US you can get all that he's offering used for $500 at any time.  With the exception of Uncharted 4, most of those games are $15-20 used, and a couple are $30 used.  A used PS4 is $250-300.  That comes out right around $500, so I guess you'd be saving yourself tax.  Be wary though if it's a launch console, I heard they had some issues.

I trust the guy, know him for 10 years already.

I'm not completely sure about the Tomb Raider, the rest is on my wishlist, GTA and Far Cry are both in my favorite games list.

I think Far Cry 3 was better then 4, but i really enjoyed it and want to play it again on PS4, so i think it is a good deal, especially with Uncharted in it 

It's definitely not a bad deal, just giving options for the same price range :). If you want 10 of the 11 games anyway, you're not going to find a cheaper option, even second handed.

I looked at the prices at the dutch store Gamemania, that's where i buy most of my hardcopy games because second-handed games are tested there if they work.

Most of them are still €25 there, Bloodborne and The Witcher are both €40

• 1 month later...

Hey Guys, today i decided to go for it and i bought the device, he brought it immediately so i'm now also a proud owner of a PS4

Congratulations.