Ends March 29th 2018. Start out with all Knacks (besides Diamond) unlocked

DaivRules

• 2 months later...

Another tip (learned in my 5th play through): Use the Relic Storm Super Move fairly often. The Blast super moves require either enemies to be in proximity and has a limited range or requires you to be facing the enemies you want to hit and is limited to three enemies in line-of-sight. A blocking enemy will absorb two blasts if an enemy is directly behind it. If you are facing the wrong way, you waste the blast shot as well.

The Relic Storm gives you invulnerability, lasts for several seconds and can hit more than three enemies as you run around while encompassed. Stacks with the combo meter for more powerful hits as well.

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old thread, but I just started playing the game, and I wanted to point out that the trick of deleting the Knack's Quest app still works. The app has gotten some updates (on Android at least), but none of them fixed this "glitch". I haven't received the items in the PS4 game yet (I am still trying to unlock Sunstone Knack and Massive Knack), but presumably that still works as before.

I started playing the game and got to the 5th or 6th stage before I decided to save some time (and reduce the difficulty on Hard) by using the phone app. I don't play phone/tablet games anymore but I actually like playing this. I suspect I will hate it by the time I finish with it though. :)

• 5 months later...

When I search for the IOS Knack's Quest app in the current app store on my phone it doesn't show up. 

Did they delete this app permanently? 

I would like to unlock all Knacks before playing the game in February when it is free. 

Can someone update me on this as to what is wrong? 

Thank you, folks! 

On 2/1/2018 at 11:02 AM, Seskinator said:

When I search for the IOS Knack's Quest app in the current app store on my phone it doesn't show up.

I'm pretty sure it's not available anymore for iOS. If you search the store it doesn't show up, and even if you've downloaded it previously (I have) you cannot re-download it because it hasn't been updated to work with iOS 11. Sony hasn't updated the app in over 4 years, so...

I think Sony pulled it from the store rather than continue to update it. I remember the app being broken on iOS 9 (the PSN login didn't work)  and it was never updated, so even if you could download it today, you wouldn't be able to do what the OP suggests since you can't login to sync the items you get.

Edit: Can confirm that the app is available if you have iOS 10 or earlier, and that it works properly on iOS 10.3.3 so anyone with a device that isn't running iOS 11 should be good.

Edited by Swotam

19 hours ago, Swotam said:

I'm pretty sure it's not available anymore for iOS. If you search the store it doesn't show up, and even if you've downloaded it previously (I have) you cannot re-download it because it hasn't been updated to work with iOS 11. Sony hasn't updated the app in over 4 years, so...

I think Sony pulled it from the store rather than continue to update it. I remember the app being broken on iOS 9 (the PSN login didn't work)  and it was never updated, so even if you could download it today, you wouldn't be able to do what the OP suggests since you can't login to sync the items you get.

Thank you for clarifying! Looks like I’ll just be unlocking the knacks as normal in the main game once it’s free. 

On 2/1/2018 at 11:02 AM, Seskinator said:

20 hours ago, Swotam said:

I'm pretty sure it's not available anymore for iOS.

Correct. Looks like it's no longer available on iOS. I have updated the OP. If you have a PC, there are free Android emulators available that allow people to still follow this process.

On 2/2/2018 at 10:43 AM, DaivRules said:

Correct. Looks like it's no longer available on iOS. I have updated the OP. If you have a PC, there are free Android emulators available that allow people to still follow this process.

Not a problem! I've used emulators before for the That's You! platinum trophy. But I'll be okay enjoying the Knack game and unlocking the different Knacks as I go. Thank you for the info! 

This is a nifty way to get a head start on the PS4, but the mobile app just keeps crashing.

Finish a stage? Crash. Check my treasure chest? Crash.

From my personal experiences, it's probably just best to play the PS4 game from the start and not bother with the app.

Edited by dj_helyx

I also just got the app from the iOS store. It doesn't work on new devices (couldn't use it on my new iPad), but it works great on my kids old iPad even though the description says iPhone only.

it doesn't seem to show up through the App Store search, but google search for it on your device and that should take you straight to the app in the store.

• Like 1

On 2/6/2018 at 10:56 PM, TJF588 said:

The app is available on iOS, but is 32-bit, so it's not available for iOS 11. I still run iOS 10 and found it in the App Store by a simple search.

On 2/9/2018 at 9:56 PM, diskdocx said:

I also just got the app from the iOS store. It doesn't work on new devices (couldn't use it on my new iPad), but it works great on my kids old iPad even though the description says iPhone only.

it doesn't seem to show up through the App Store search, but google search for it on your device and that should take you straight to the app in the store.

Thank you both. I completely didn't even think about the 64-bit switchover in iOS11. I'm not going to update the OP and instead let people read down to your comments if they have questions. Just seems like I'll be complicating the issue if I try to explain that.

On 2/9/2018 at 10:23 PM, homleshobo said:

lol on android you could just hack the score as the game was running and change it to all 9's :) 

I'm not even considering fielding the premise of hex editors and all the questions that'll come with that. I've been using them since 1997 with Civ II on the PC, but thanks for bringing it up. I'll direct any messages people send on these your way. ;) 

35 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Thank you both. I completely didn't even think about the 64-bit switchover in iOS11. I'm not going to update the OP and instead let people read down to your comments if they have questions. Just seems like I'll be complicating the issue if I try to explain that.

I'm not even considering fielding the premise of hex editors and all the questions that'll come with that. I've been using them since 1997 with Civ II on the PC, but thanks for bringing it up. I'll direct any messages people send on these your way. ;) 

Question - as I did start this over the weekend, and have unlocked all the parts and a bunch of gems - how do you transfer them to the PS4?

I did see a message once saying transferring content, but I can't get that to pop up again? I'm up to ~500,000 XP increments, so I would like to delete the app and restart, but I don't want to lose content I've earned if it hasn't transferred?

27 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

Question - as I did start this over the weekend, and have unlocked all the parts and a bunch of gems - how do you transfer them to the PS4?

I did see a message once saying transferring content, but I can't get that to pop up again? I'm up to ~500,000 XP increments, so I would like to delete the app and restart, but I don't want to lose content I've earned if it hasn't transferred?

If memory serves correctly, pop into any open Knack game on the PS4 and as long as you're signed in on the app and on the PS4, your items should transfer to that save.

However, and you'll just have to trust me when I tell you this, check your winnings in the app, delete reinstall and immediately check your winnings. I would have suggested you do this with your first winning of just one gem or something so you would see that it works before you acquired all the parts and a bunch of gems and now you're in panic mode you might lose them.

40 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

If memory serves correctly, pop into any open Knack game on the PS4 and as long as you're signed in on the app and on the PS4, your items should transfer to that save.

However, and you'll just have to trust me when I tell you this, check your winnings in the app, delete reinstall and immediately check your winnings. I would have suggested you do this with your first winning of just one gem or something so you would see that it works before you acquired all the parts and a bunch of gems and now you're in panic mode you might lose them.

Well, it's not like it was 10s of hours of grinding. The first few levels you can earn 300-400k pretty easy, in like a minute or two, so even if I did lose everything, I'm not devastated.

I haven't started Knack yet, so I will try that before deleting.. Thanks

47 minutes ago, DARKB1KE said:

I suck at this game then, I can't even complete the first mission.  The timer runs out when I can't even find many combos to swipe..... 

I suck at these types of games too but my wife loves games Bejeweled/Candy Crush and Knack's Quest so I just let her play and unlock items, delete the app at night and let her start over the next day. xD it got us everything and we've been diamond hunting the past 2 playthroughs. 1 Diamond left!

11 minutes ago, Crimsonfire44 said:

I suck at these types of games too but my wife loves games Bejeweled/Candy Crush and Knack's Quest so I just let her play and unlock items, delete the app at night and let her start over the next day. xD it got us everything and we've been diamond hunting the past 2 playthroughs. 1 Diamond left!

I think it's broken.  I'm not even getting a score at the end of my game. 

18 minutes ago, DARKB1KE said:

Endless mode is not available/locked. 

What device are you using? It's working fine for me here, using an old iPad with iOS 9 on it.

I believe the app will on work on i devices up to iOS 10.

Also, Endless becomes available once you have completed all 3 levels across the 6 chapters - but honestly, don't bother. Just stick to the first 3 levels, you can get 200-300 thousand points on each of them, and it is much quicker than playing endless.

20 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

What device are you using? It's working fine for me here, using an old iPad with iOS 9 on it.

I believe the app will on work on i devices up to iOS 10.

Also, Endless becomes available once you have completed all 3 levels across the 6 chapters - but honestly, don't bother. Just stick to the first 3 levels, you can get 200-300 thousand points on each of them, and it is much quicker than playing endless.

Samsung Galaxy S7

YneaVlJkSaWWDG92uXXMXQ.png6Q0ljogeQ7uFsaHnegtGTg.png

Edited by DARKB1KE

1 minute ago, diskdocx said:

Delete the app and reinstall? I don't know much about the Samsung devices. Perhaps that is too new of a device to run the app. Do you have an older device to try it on?

I just read a review and you get nowhere unless you beat 3 waves. 

Uninstalling then.  I'm not fast enough.