Walter-kun's Hyperdimensional Checklist

Walt the Dog

May as well post Cyberdimension progress here since I'm not using the game for any Backlog challenges...

Right now, I've stopped after beating the boss of the fifth dungeon and I'm now at a part where I'm gonna have to reference SplitPlaythru's walkthrough videos to see what I have to do because I have no idea just going by the game itself. The scarce amount of direction in this game is honestly rather frustrating as someone who doesn't understand a lick of Japanese. I may make a walkthrough when I'm done if no one beats me to it because the game doesn't really tell you what to do like all of the other RPGs do.

At least the game seems to be fairly even with trophies so far. There's a bit of a burst at the beginning, but the trophies generally come at a good pace after that, and with people stating it isn't a grindy plat, I imagine that'll keep up better than most other Neptunia games where the pace slows to a halt towards the end relative to the rest of the game.

Not sure when I can play again though. I'm sick at the moment, so I can't stay up late to get it in while my parents are sleeping and my homework is preventing me from playing during the day. The only time I have to play is on my Vita for half an hour at a time when I'm using a steamer, and that's not really a great way to play.

Edited by Wdog-999

Plat 33/42
1Lb23561.png
Superdimension Neptune Vs. SEGA Hard Girls (Chinese)

Funny enough, despite this being out for about a month, I'm still only the fourth achiever on PSNP. That would mean more if the game had more than 21 owners. :|

In any case, I managed to bag this one in 13:41 according to my in-game timer, so I should be set for the speedrun I plan to do of the NA version in the summer.

In other news, I made some more progress in Cyberdimension. I've got the goddesses as playable characters now (though I'm more than 10 levels above them), so according to what I'm reading on GameFAQs, I'm about 50% through the game, which is appropriate for the amount of trophies I have. I managed to find a quest guide online, and since the game seems to be dominated by the quests, I don't think I should have much trouble getting around anymore. Now it's just a matter of time.

Also, under the Games in Progress section, I've added details regarding when I'm doing each game since I'm gonna go through the rest of the backlog save for Hyperdevotion Noire (Korean) during the next two Backlog Challenges. Massive thanks to @ShadowStar83x for putting on those events as they're giving me the drive to get this shit done that I desperately needed. :)

Edited by Wdog-999
  • Like 1

Plat 34/42
1L4365c6.png
Cyber Dimension Neptune

My impressions of the game for those who care.

Spoiler

This was honestly not that bad. Certainly a great deal better than the last two Tamsoft games, though it still has some of the little nuisances that creep into their Nep games such as that fucking inability to pause. I mean, I get it; the game has online and more importantly, the menu has a lot of stuff that, if changable while paused, would make the game even easier, so you have to program the menus so they can be used without pausing, but would it kill them to have a basic pause screen just so I don't have to tell my parents "Sorry, can't pause the game!" if they need me for something while I'm fighting a boss?

Aside from that, I do enjoy that they built this one around blocking and countering instead of just mashing square with no regard to anything that's happening. It made the game a lot more fun than the previous two games, even if it did eventually get to be samey by the end of my 23 hour journey. The graphics are also easily the best in the Neptunia series yet as many people have noticed by now, and aside from some framerate drops in a couple dungeons, the game runs smoothly.

I have unfortunately dealt with a couple glitches in the game, mainly getting stuck in between the terrain and bosses (minotaur boss + moon dungeons = bad time) and one particularly nasty crash where the game did a soft freeze and, when I tried to close it, then froze my system to the point where even though sound was playing, I could neither eject my disc nor power the console off, forcing me to unplug the damn thing to turn it off. There's also an issue where breaking a boss's guard doesn't make them keel over, which can make the whole thing kind of useless, especially if said enemy moves around a lot.

As far as non-glitch complaints, the complete lack of any kind of beastiary whatsoever is ridiculous, especially given that unlike Tamsoft's previous efforts, this one actually relies quite heavily on item drops for crafting and certain quests. Being unable to revive dead party members in any way whatsoever is also rather frustrating. The partner AI is also a piece of work, and while I managed to mitigate the infamous "y u no heal, Blanny" aspect of it by setting the AI to increase their rate of guard/heal/evade (fourth to last option in the AI settings menu), it also came with the nasty side effect of the AI rarely bothering to do a damn thing when bosses have their guard broken, which is especially annoying if you have the "increase STR for every 10 hits in your combo" gem equipped since the stupid idiots will more than likely ruin your combo by not bothering to do anything while you use your EXE Drive, leaving your attack doing a fraction of the damage it could have. Not being able to set the AI for individual characters is also rather annoying because while it's obviously important for Blanc to focus on healing, the same can't be said for Noire and Vert, who could've really stood to do more damage and should have had a more aggresive AI setting.

That said, the game is definitely worth getting when it releases stateside if you had any fun, no matter how small, playing either of the previous Tamsoft games.

As far as the plat, it's mostly straightforward. The only real issues are having to grind for a bit to get everyone to Level 60 for all the skills, having to make sure you pray every time you go to a dungeon to work on the 50 prayer trophy, and reaccepting the Rank 4 boss quest in the first area of the game once Ram and Rom have their skills to trigger a dungeon event for a CG and a trophy, none of which is so much an issue as it is just something you might not necessarily do naturally.

tl;dr It's pretty good. You should probably get it.

Edited by Wdog-999
  • Like 1

Plat 35/42
1L4a0c2c.png
Megadimension Neptunia VII (Korean)

This was the first and only time I had to do the plat without the OP DLC and it was honestly the most fun I had with the game across all four plats. I never realized how good the game actually was until now. :)

In any case, I'm glad to finally be done with VII after all this time. It's the first main series game that I've gotten every plat for so far.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Plat 36/42
1Lfa575f.png
Superdimension Neptune Vs. Sega Hard Girls (EU)

The story was pretty enjoyable. It's not really great, but it's at least entertaining enough to make the game enjoyable.

Took me 17:45 this time due to the reading I did as well as stuff I did to write my trophy guide.

Just gotta do the NA version this summer and I'll be done another Neptunia game.

• 2 months later...

Welp, just placed an order for the Korean version of Cyberdimension, which should be here around when I return from vacation.

I'll hopefully have everything done aside from Korean Noire this summer, so expect more updates in the coming months. :)

• 8 months later...

Welp, after abandoning this for half a year, I have decided to finally get back to updating it.

While my goal to have all the Nep stacks done in 2017 was a bust, I did at least manage to whittle down the list considerably so that all I have left now is the Korean PS3 trilogy, the NA stack of Cyberdimension, and any future VIIR stacks. :dance:

In my To-Do list, I referred to the VIIR Chinese and Korean versions as a clusterfuck because not only are they releasing on the same day, but from what I'm hearing, the whole situation is a massive clusterfuck and Cyberfront Korea has ended up having to release both the Chinese and Korean versions after issues with Sony's Chinese division in regards to the usage of their translations for the Neptunia PC ports. Because of this, I am waiting on taking any action until trophy lists show up in case we end up with a situation like Puyo Puyo Tetris where the Chinese and Korean versions share a list.

Edited by Wdog-999

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...