XBox 360 production has ended

ShadowStar83x

Not surprised. It was about that time. Only a matter of time before Sony stops producing the PS3.

RIP best console of that gen.

Can't knock your opinion, but claiming that it's the "best console of that Gen" is highly debatable. The whole "Which console of Last Gen is better" debate will sart to heat up real soon though.

Great console, but it could have been greatly better, that's why I never showed interest in it.

Things like batteries for a damn controller, DVD only and absolutely inferior graphics than the PS3...

The controller shape and design was good tho.

But I'm still freaking mad about Ace Combat 6 Fires of Liberation and Tales of Vesperia.

It was the ultimate "fuck you" I ever received on my life.

Edited by Katt

Xbox sucks ass in my opinion. They dont have that awesome exclusive titles like Playstation and however....

I dont really care about!

Playstation 4ever since 1995!

B) B) B)

Maybe they'll finally find the time now to make the Xbone a decent product...

If you have nothing of substance to add to the topic, don't post. It clearly says Xbox in the title so if you dislike the console that much then why even click on the thread?

Parker

• Like 4

Had an xbox 360 for a couple years to jam some exclusive games, then gave it to the fed ex man because his Ps3 died

-Flash Back-

I wonder what happened to all of the HD DVD players  xD  for all of those HD dvd's

great system overall except some of those add ons

Xbox-360-with-HD-DVD-player-Katrina-Tepp

Edited by Titanic Balls

RIP best console of that gen.

Yep, 55% failure rate over the first 3 years of life compared to 10% for the PS3, definitely the winner. :rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong, I liked the 360 controller, dashboard (more recent designs, not the original), and the easily removable HDD (that can be used on any other 360 without having to reformat), but the fact that every study I read puts failure rates between 50% and 90% for pre-slim models proves it was a shitbox waiting to die.  I gamed for a couple years on my 360 before switching to PS3, and I still miss some of the great features, but I don't miss red ringing despite extremely casual use.

And with this news, I'm more concerned PS3 production will cease soon, which presents me with a problem I never worried about in previous generations... do I buy a 2nd PS3 just in case my 6-year old slim craps out?

Edited by Matto_lsi
  • Like 3

If you have nothing of substance to add to the topic, don't post. It clearly says Xbox in the title so if you dislike the console that much then why even click on the thread?

Parker

I just spoke my mind and in which universe has a "dislike" no substance? I think everyone can click on the thread and share his/her own opinion about it. It doesn't matter if it's a like or dislike, as long as it is the own opinion to the topic.

B) B) B)

• Like 4

I must be one of the only few people who can't stand the Xbox controller layout. My honey still uses his 360 though.

I'm sure there are enough 360s out there to still suply those who want a new one for some time. Same with the ps3. Although I'm a bit surprised the ps3 and 360 are still at and above the $200 mark considering their age. I know the ps2 was $100 for a new one soon after the 360/ps3 gen was out.

I just spoke my mind and in which universe has a "dislike" no substance? I think everyone can click on the thread and share his/her own opinion about it. It doesn't matter if it's a like or dislike, as long as it is the own opinion to the topic.

B) B) B)

Unfortunately that isn't how it works on these forums. You're more than free to speak your mind and offer your opinion provided it applies to the topic at hand, however we have a rule about off topic posts here and posting about how much you like PlayStation on a topic clearly about Xbox violates that rule. 

Lol they already stopped producing 360s? That is stupid. I hate Xbox but really?

The thing has been in production for almost 11 years now, that seems like a pretty decent lifespan for a console. Why is it stupid? Obviously Microsoft feel that they aren't selling enough Xbox 360 systems to warrant the cost of producing more, it would be stupid to continue to spend the money to make them when no one is buying. 

Parker

• Like 4

Unfortunately that isn't how it works on these forums. You're more than free to speak your mind and offer your opinion provided it applies to the topic at hand, however we have a rule about off topic posts here and posting about how much you like PlayStation on a topic clearly about Xbox violates that rule. 

The thing has been in production for almost 11 years now, that seems like a pretty decent lifespan for a console. Why is it stupid? Obviously Microsoft feel that they aren't selling enough Xbox 360 systems to warrant the cost of producing more, it would be stupid to continue to spend the money to make them when no one is buying. 

Parker

I would think it would've have lasted a bit longer. The ps2 lasted for 12 years and had very ancient hardware. Not to mention every time I go into my local GameStop, I see people buying something for a 360. Controllers, games, hard drives, consoles etc etc.

Parker

Alright man  B)  B)  B) 

I was late to the 7th gen party but Xbox 360 was the console that got me hardcore into gaming. Even though I switched over to primarily Sony in the end, the Xbox 360 was the first to show me countless epic games, a lot of which I still play or play the more recent sequels of. An 11 year run is quite impressive. Goodbye 360