DIE WILL YOU trophy

Stargazer2600

So trophy sounds pretty simple

Deal 1,000 total hits during Invasion Boss fights

I also read here on PSNProfiles that the hits are 
cumulative and only those hit that land after you broke the boss' yellow armor will count. However i have been at this all day and the last time there was a boss invasion i was at that all day as well. I read online that someone believes the hits are cumulative but only for a single boss battle. So if you dont get 1,000 hits during the 24 hour boss event then the hits dont carry over to the next boss

can anyone confirm or deny this?

I can't confirm that hits are cumulative over individual invasion boss battles, as I got the trophy on the first invasion boss I encountered (Rain). It's a bastard to achieve, but you definitely need to knock them out of their armour before you can start landing legitimate hits. Took me about 3 hours I think, I used Thunder God Raiden's 1122 combo. Since getting the trophy, I tried this strategy with other bosses - it works well on some, not so well on others, depending on their movesets. At the moment, the boss is Takeda; seemed to work fine on him. It's just a matter of breaking through the armour and then managing to get that combo in before either time runs out or you get your arse handed to you. 

Once you get used to breaking them out of the armour, you'll begin to acquire hits at a much faster rate. Sure, some matches they'll still get a flawless on you, but in my experience there is something of a 'snowball' effect to this trophy; for ages you can't figure out how to break through their attacks, then once it clicks you'll be landing dozens of hits in no time by spamming the 1122 combo.

It's also worth bearing in mind that Raiden's X-ray has armour and will land you a combo of about 13 hits per match if you successfully land it. In the past I've managed to knock out an opponent's armour whilst building a full meter, then bait or use X-ray as a wakeup. However, sometimes you have to forgo that in favour of a combo-breaker to buy yourself some time. 

• Like 2

I can't confirm that hits are cumulative over individual invasion boss battles, as I got the trophy on the first invasion boss I encountered (Rain). It's a bastard to achieve, but you definitely need to knock them out of their armour before you can start landing legitimate hits. Took me about 3 hours I think, I used Thunder God Raiden's 1122 combo. Since getting the trophy, I tried this strategy with other bosses - it works well on some, not so well on others, depending on their movesets. At the moment, the boss is Takeda; seemed to work fine on him. It's just a matter of breaking through the armour and then managing to get that combo in before either time runs out or you get your arse handed to you. 

Once you get used to breaking them out of the armour, you'll begin to acquire hits at a much faster rate. Sure, some matches they'll still get a flawless on you, but in my experience there is something of a 'snowball' effect to this trophy; for ages you can't figure out how to break through their attacks, then once it clicks you'll be landing dozens of hits in no time by spamming the 1122 combo.

It's also worth bearing in mind that Raiden's X-ray has armour and will land you a combo of about 13 hits per match if you successfully land it. In the past I've managed to knock out an opponent's armour whilst building a full meter, then bait or use X-ray as a wakeup. However, sometimes you have to forgo that in favour of a combo-breaker to buy yourself some time. 

I find it takes 6 normal hits to get the armor off BUT, Even if they have full armor and i hot with my xray, my xray registers hits as if i took it off

Does landing xrays automatically knock the armor off?

I find it takes 6 normal hits to get the armor off BUT, Even if they have full armor and i hot with my xray, my xray registers hits as if i took it off

Does landing xrays automatically knock the armor off?

I'm not sure about that, usually I only go for the X-ray if I've already broken their armour. I've never tried it before then, as I always figured it'd be a colossal waste of meter that would otherwise best have been used for a breaker.

I'm not sure about that, usually I only go for the X-ray if I've already broken their armour. I've never tried it before then, as I always figured it'd be a colossal waste of meter that would otherwise best have been used for a breaker.

finally got it and yes, using a x ray automatically breaks there armor. I found using Jason worked very well

Edited by Stargazer2600

• 2 weeks later...

finally got it and yes, using a x ray automatically breaks there armor. I found using Jason worked very well

That's the confirmation I was looking for. I'm using D'Vorak and her X-Ray meter generally gets full BEFORE the armor is broken, but even then if I trigger it and it connects the game registers 13 hits on the left corner. I wasn't sure if these hits were counting towards the trophy, but it seems that they do then. Thanks!

• Like 2

That's the confirmation I was looking for. I'm using D'Vorak and her X-Ray meter generally gets full BEFORE the armor is broken, but even then if I trigger it and it connects the game registers 13 hits on the left corner. I wasn't sure if these hits were counting towards the trophy, but it seems that they do then. Thanks!

np

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
5 minutes ago, TelliksOnhir said:

I have done 20.4K damage and I haven’t gotten the trophy. I have deffo done well over 1k total hits. Everyone else is getting the trophy on 6k damage how tf can I fix this? And does anyone know how to get in contact with the devs?

I don't know about that but can you tell me how to check total damage in Invasion Bosses?

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, OrdinaryLegoDude said:

How can you get more then 10 hits?

Spam the Raiden combo from the guide. It's RNG based depending on the NPC attacks - if they start with a quick one they won't give you an opportunity to land more than a few hits (so you won't even break the armor). If they start with a longer attack you can almost always get them stuck in a loop by just repeating the same combo and get even 30+ hits.

I think that blocking is a waste of time - you either manage to constantly attack the boss or just give up and go to the next fight.

It took me about half an hour to get the timing right (even though it's just 4 button presses...) and then another hour to get the actual hits. The second time I did this on a friend's account it only took me 40 minutes to get the trophy with the same method.

I found the Raiden strat unreliable - the combo is very slow to come out so you'll be getting hit out of it a lot and so is his xray. A lot of time the AI was able to block the xray even though Raiden has armored their attack.

From my experience, the boss AI is very aggressive, so my avice is to use Liu Kang (Flame Fist) and parry their attacks. A successful parry does 2 hits regardless of their shield. Once you have 3 bars (you'll probably need to get hit for it as parry builds bars slowly) hit them with his xray for additional 15 hits.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I tried to use Raiden vs. Triborg but all I could get were a few X-Ray moves in really and no other character worked very well, so waited till the one just gone (Kung Lao) and tried again, but yet again Raiden wasn't quick enough and got countered. Liu Kang, however, was able to consistently get at least 4 hits in per round via his parry move and also many X-Rays connected (I ended up doing about 38 with him in total) so definitely a much better choice. Took me 2 and a half hours and 380 rounds, so it really is a grind still.

Edited by jayofmaya
Forgot to specify parry