What is this game like?

MMDE

The game is currently on sale in the EU PSN store:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-gb/games/siralim/cid=EP1155-CUSA04544_00-SIRALIMBUNDLE000

I'm wondering what the game is like!

It seems only 2!!! people have 100% the game so far, and the average completion ratio is quite low... In other words, it seems the few people who got the game aren't playing it for long or it's very hard.

So I tried looking up some videos:

And I got very interested... :o Seems like an old school dungeon-crawler! I wonder how long this 100% is though.

Seems like a game I would play on a Vita, but I don't have one. :\

It seems the Steam version has a much larger achievement list:

https://www.exophase.com/game/siralim-steam/achievements/

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

I mean... You're pretty much answering your own question here so I don't see the point in the new topic tbh...

The point of this topic is to tell others what the game is all about. So instead of just asking like a dummie he has actually done some research. I think this good for people wondering what the game is all about. There are a lot of PSN games that slip under the radar.

• Like 4

The point of this topic is to tell others what the game is all about. So instead of just asking like a dummie he has actually done some research. I think this good for people wondering what the game is all about. There are a lot of PSN games that slip under the radar.

I mean, the topic title makes it look like he's asking like a dummie, maybe if it wasn't directed like a question - eg. What this game is like. - it wouldn't seem like a question that they've answered themselves.

I mean... You're pretty much answering your own question here so I don't see the point in the new topic tbh...

You don't? It's meant both for other people not to have to do the research and for people who has played the game to post something more about it! :) You don't find it the least bit useful?

I mean, the topic title makes it look like he's asking like a dummie, maybe if it wasn't directed like a question - eg. What this game is like. - it wouldn't seem like a question that they've answered themselves.

I've not played the game, so that is the question I asked myself. I still want to hear some more about it! I've done this with a couple of games I've been interested in. If someone has played the game, please do post about your experience.

I did buy it btw, but not played it yet.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone wonders, I've been playing the game. It's a fun little addicting game. It is a grind game, to put it politely. All the trophies are perfectly doable, but some might require a decent amount of time depending on luck. There are some exploits that can save you some head ache. I have yet to 100%, but I know what to do to do so, it's just a matter of time. As pointed out earlier, the game was released on Steam with a lot more achievements, and sure enough, this game could have had those trophies, but it would have been an even longer platinum. That platinum would probably take a hundred hours or more, depending on if you abuse certain exploits etc.

The gameplay itself is nice. You basically explore random dungeons, find stuff, upgrade your characters and monsters. Catch new monsters etc. Upgrade equipment etc.

The hardest trophies require a decent team and equipment, and you want the monsters at very low level when you do this, and character at high level with tons of royalty points. This can easily be done. Late in the game you want to create Nether Demons. For this you need to find orbs, and invest in them etc. The result of a good orb is a monster with a lot better stats, even double native ability. Combine that with equipment that is really meant for level 100+ monster, and you got a super monster at very low level. This can easily take you through the 10 rounds you need to win of the tournament, and kill the two trophy-related enemies. The rest is just grind, and really, to get this monster and equipment etc, it's just grind! ;) You don't need a full team of nether demons and stuff, but some makes a huge difference.

You want a defender, Nether version, Demon preferably, of Stronghold (no defense penalty while provoke). Mine has focused all the activations on health and it has Pristine Dragon Armor (+30% defense each time attacked) as second ability. The artifact is a Heavy Shield, which has 8 all defense + Grant: Proficient (bonus to defense from artifact) + Ruby Attunement (heal 10% current and max health each time you provoke). You also want something like Ashwood Ent on your team, to cast Grace and Mend on your entire party. Also, on the same row as Stronghold, you need someone with the Topaz Attunement (that creature's row starts the fight, allows you to use provoke at the beginning of match), preferably not from Topaz Paragon, because if you summon one of those, you will meet it in the wild. To avoid having it in the wild, then just learn the ability as a second ability of a nether demon you make. To re-roll second ability, use the Demon something (can't remember, you buy it from the guy who wants your tokens).

EDIT: Scratch Prestine Dragon Armor. What you want for your Nether Demon Stronghold tank is Refraction and some other ability that really boost your defense without it taking many turns. This is because Prestine Dragon Armor is a total waste when all the enemies die after a couple of hits against you. You will never get it to more than like 30-90% higher or so. Imagine if you got something that would instead boost it by 100% or more from the get-go. Also have other creatures help boost it's defense. It needs a lot of health though, so focus on that when creating it, defense should be left for the artifact and other creatures abilities and artifacts etc.

The guide I'm writing for this is rather comprehensive and soon done.

2nd EDIT:

I just need to do some minor edits and make sure everything is correct and test a little thing etc, then the guide is done! :)

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I posted a rather comprehensive guide for the game a couple of days ago, just waiting for it to be reviewed. :) I discovered an interesting twist on particularly one trophy, which reduces the time to 100% by quite a lot.

Edited by MMDE

Awesome, thanks. This game has been on my radar for a while. I might pick it up. :-)

You basically got this castle you upgrade with resources you collect in random dungeons. The more upgraded your castle is, the more you can do in the castle.

Dungeons:

There are several different types of random dungeons, and it's basically just walking around picking up loot and encounter groups of monsters walking about. The monsters you encounter scale with you and the deeper dungeon level you go, the higher level they are compared to you. You've much better chance for good loot at higher dungeon levels. There's also random NPCs you can meet in dungeons that has various different services, like a merchant. I've experienced the merchant having all kinds of loot, so I think it can have even the most rare items in the game. Usually only have somewhat rare, though very useful, items.

Battles:

Battle system is turn based, almost like FF10 I guess, but with less commands and such. You can have a team of 6 creatures, same goes for your opponent. Really, you only got, Attack, Defend, Provoke, Spells, Flee and Extract. Attack is just a basic attack. Defend is just increase defense for a round. Provoke increases chance enemies will attack the creature doing it, but this creature also get lower defense... Spells requires "MP" (sort of) and permanent uses up usages of a spell you've equipped to your character. Flee is running from the battle. Extract is to try to get a core or two of the enemy creature. Three cores and you can summon that creature for your own team. This sounds very basic and nothing interesting and extremely difficult at higher level dungeons. There is one big twist, each creature has it's own unique ability. No joke, all 311 creatures have their own ability. See THIS link to get some idea about what kind of abilities the creatures got. Furthermore, you can equip each creature with an artifact (equipment), which you can enchant with stat increases, buffs and even a single creature ability. This means you can mix two at the same time for each creature. This can make for a huge variety of combinations, and it's about finding a winning balance and formula for your team. Late in the game you can even creature you own creatures, very very very strong creatures that focus on the stats you want, and they can, if done correctly, get an extra creature ability, so then they have 3. Then we're talking interesting combinations. You will need "tank"s to take damage, or be able to be so fast and strong you can take out all enemies before they are able to do a single move. You will likely need support creatures that give the team extra boost, or survivability, some kind of healing etc etc.

Castle:

You got a blacksmith, enchanter, dismantler (turn equipment into materials), egg hatching (that's how you get very strong creatures), gem enchanter (needed to improve eggs), arena, place where you can summon new creatures and enchant egg and summon new items using power etc. There's also some secret stuff, a library, a tavern, a place where your creatures are when you don't use 'em.

But really, you're just looking for good loot, grinding for resources, getting new creatures, upgrading the castle and working on your own creature team. This you can work on for quite a lot of time. You don't really need to do that much to get 100% in this game.

For 100%:

level up and grind resources

make at least one really good nether demon, maybe two

do arena and a couple of other quick things

Really, that's it. Nothing missable or anything. Just some relaxing time while grinding a bit and working on creating a good team.

Edited by MMDE

• 4 weeks later...

Awesome job here, MMDE. Saw this game a few weeks back, and it's actually on sale again in EU stores. I'd totally play it now if I hadn't gotten Uncharted for PS4. Might come back at a later time though. Your guide will come in handy. Also, thanks for the video in your initial post. Love those old-school RPGs!

• Like 2

On 6/17/2016 at 7:35 PM, Theophobos said:

Awesome job here, MMDE. Saw this game a few weeks back, and it's actually on sale again in EU stores. I'd totally play it now if I hadn't gotten Uncharted for PS4. Might come back at a later time though. Your guide will come in handy. Also, thanks for the video in your initial post. Love those old-school RPGs!

It's a bit of a mix of old school dungeon crawler RPG and rogue-like and Pokémon, but without a real story line. Just gameplay with scaling difficulty. :P

Edited by MMDE

• 6 years later...

I recently redid the game on vita, and fixed up the guide then. Like, the game isn't particularly difficult, because it's a turn based game with lots of exploits, which is why I've rated it 2/10, but it certainly might test your patient, as at some point it just becomes a bit of a grind I guess. On PC there's a lot more achievements, and it's for those who go above and beyond. Get themselves a lot of ability items and good nether eggs and has figured out some cool teams. There are definitely some exploits to keep your team up to par with opponents at higher depths. There is particularly this one slime monster, which copies the enemy, but if you got some good abilities on it, you may have the advantage, but it basically means you can have a team that can handle your level + whatever dungeon level you're on. This takes a lot of time to get around to doing, but once you get such a team going, you can go very deep, and then you gain so many good items and a sick amount of xp. You can in fact over level in this game, as in, there is a point where you overflow the xp. The dev has fixed this for the sequel, but not this one.

Anyway, the trickiest part is to beat the arena 10 rounds in a row, but for that you just need to put together a good enough team. It's not really skills, it's just a lot of time. I set 35 hours, but I can see someone do it in less, and I can see some spend a lot longer. It depends on how efficient you are and how lucky you are with putting together a team.

The second most tricky part is Pandemonium King, but it's just a matter of putting together a good team, which just takes time and maybe some thinking, but not skills. idk, but I see the rarity is so low now, but I think it's just the time investment, which I totally understand can get mighty boring for a lot of people. The game is very monotonous.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1