Minecraft PS3 Edition - "Passing The Time" Help Needed

Game-Vania96

Hey everyone! I'm stuck on the last trophy I need in Minecraft PS3 Edition. I've left my ps3 on for around a week now (turning it off at night) and I'm almost completely sure I've reached the 33 hours worth of playtime needed for the trophy, however I haven't earned it yet.

my world has never been in creative, and I've let the time pass in a new world on survival peaceful mode, turning only my controller off when i left it to do other things. Is the trophy glitched? If so, can I do anything to fix it? I'm at 99% trophy completion, and only need this trophy to finish the DLC list.

Any help is much appreciated,

Thank you.

~ GV

In the same boat with the PS4 version.

I've spent a fair few hours in the game but not a shit load, I've left the PS4 on for a day or two a few times now too and nothing. Yesterday I was at a mate's and knew we'd be staying the night so I left Minecraft on before we left, got a solid 28 hours worth of idle time and nothing.

I mean, I don't really care that much, and I've had that as the only trophy left for months, but I've left it idle a few times now and nothing, I thought I might need 33.3 hours of active time in game, so I taped the joysticks when I left for those 28 hours, still nothing.

Oh well, again, I don't care that much, but best of luck to you, quote this if/when you get the trophy and tell me if you did something special pls. ily.

• Like 1

I've spent a fair few hours in the game but not a shit load, I've left the PS4 on for a day or two a few times now too and nothing. Yesterday I was at a mate's and knew we'd be staying the night so I left Minecraft on before we left, got a solid 28 hours worth of idle time and nothing.

I mean, I don't really care that much, and I've had that as the only trophy left for months, but I've left it idle a few times now and nothing, I thought I might need 33.3 hours of active time in game, so I taped the joysticks when I left for those 28 hours, still nothing.

Oh well, again, I don't care that much, but best of luck to you, quote this if/when you get the trophy and tell me if you did something special pls. ily.

it is 33 hours real time if that helps

Edit this is what i did.

I set it to easy

dug a 4 by 4 hole and covered my self up so no mobs can attack me. I also put a torch in there so i can see or whatever. I then rubberbanded my controller and turned off my TV. 33 hours later or so I got the trophy.

Edited by D4-Brawl3r
  • Like 1

it is 33 hours real time if that helps

Edit this is what i did.

I set it to easy

dug a 4 by 4 hole and covered my self up so no mobs can attack me. I also put a torch in there so i can see or whatever. I then rubberbanded my controller and turned off my TV. 33 hours later or so I got the trophy.

Does the trophy only count active time in the game then? I've been loading the game and leaving it idle with the controller off.should I try rubber-banding it?

I've already tried loading a new tutorial world to see if it will recalculate the time and pop the trophy (as that has worked for some people) but has come up with nothing for me.

Does the trophy only count active time in the game then? I've been loading the game and leaving it idle with the controller off.should I try rubber-banding it?

I've already tried loading a new tutorial world to see if it will recalculate the time and pop the trophy (as that has worked for some people) but has come up with nothing for me.

Hmm I don't think it needs to be active as I do remember turning my controller a couple times but no guarantees.

You do have to be on easy as when I tried it on peaceful it didn't pop.

Also the 100 in game hours is shared with all your worlds.

Okay so the trophy is acually glitched, happend to me too. I found on PS3T.org that you should delete the patch and your save file (upload it to the cloud and redownload it again after you have gotten the trophy) and then reinstall the patch and do the trophy on a brand new world. haven't done it yet but people have said it works. be sure to time how long you have the ps3 on. 

It's not active play time. I'd sat idle for the bulk of the time required and got the trophy. Just get to a safe spot and let it run idle. Don't bother watching the clock either. You'll get it when you get it. I'm not sure who said "33 hours" is 100 days, but it's far from accurate.

Edited by damon8r351

Its a little more than 33 hours. A whole day in Minecraft is around 20 min (unless you sleep in a bed) its its going to be around 33.3 hours in Minecraft before you get the trophy.

just did another 33 hours worth of game time, and still no trophy... been working on it for at least two weeks now... :(

just did another 33 hours worth of game time, and still no trophy... been working on it for at least two weeks now... :(

Try creating another world and doing it in that world. A second thing, have you played on that world on creative? Creative mode doesn't allow you to unlock trophies.

Try creating another world and doing it in that world. A second thing, have you played on that world on creative? Creative mode doesn't allow you to unlock trophies.

nope, the world I made was completely brand new - created just for the trophy after my last 33 hours didn't work :(

I need help with the trophy update that has the wither stuff in it on PS3 and PS4. Add me if you have that so that my friend and I can do it.

You posted in the wrong topic my friend. We are talking about a glitched trophy not for unlocking and helping with DLC

I finally got the trophy after tinkering with the patch updates after reinstalling the game again! I installed 8 of 12 patches, loaded up my world that I used for the trophy, and it popped up almost instantly! see if manipulating the game's patches works for you. :)

13115575_1091829447525143_1199312968_n.j

I finally got the trophy after tinkering with the patch updates after reinstalling the game again! I installed 8 of 12 patches, loaded up my world that I used for the trophy, and it popped up almost instantly! see if manipulating the game's patches works for you. :)

We know this wotkd bus only with disc and digital only on ps3. Not on the ps4.

What Psycho said. On PS4 you can't tell it to not download the patches anymore, digital games and patches are stuck together now, for better and worse.

• 2 weeks later...

I also deleted the entire digital ps3 version and installed 8/12 updates again. I´m now on 1.22 ... am i able to get the passing time trophy now, because i read that it´s glitched in 1.25 and 1.26? And should i create a new world in this version or use the world i got the other dlc trophies from(played in 1.26 version)?