What was your first game ever played(title-arcade,console or pc)and at what age?

GeorgeGianno

I cannot remember but if i was to guess it would be either of these 

Abe's oddysee , Pandemonium , Crash bandicoot , Resident evil 1 

It also could be 

Space invaders , Shinobi , Doom , Mortal Kombat 

Even 

Mario or Sonic 

I wish i knew :P , iv'e played most consoles from the atari 2600 onward , So glad i grew up with gaming :)

But my first game is most probably one of those .  

All are classics 

but i do feel sorry for resident evil , 6 sucked CAPCOM let us down big time i think they have lost there way like most big companies nowadays 

EA , ACTIVISION , & SUARE ENIX , but i have to say ROCKSTAR has kept true to their fans and that's awesome ! .

Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt for first game

563465_45515_front.jpg

But for first game completed was Halo 2 on the Original Xbox

210263b.jpg

I haven't played any Mario games for a long, long, time so don't know how they are doing......  But for Halo I still play it not so much for the Multiplayer I usually play it for the single player.  If I could change my first game I wouldn't because they are both still enjoyable.

Edited by Colt_45_Zilawn

This probably doesn't surprise any of you, given my reputation (as in my avatar/title).  Just about the only other game from them that really stands out for me (that's still going) is the Yakuza series.

sonic1.jpg

Sonic 1 on Sega Master System when I was 4 (1991).  I still think Sonic is generally fun, though I'm not a fan of the "collect things to advance", as in Sun/Moon medals in Unleashed.  I don't think 2006 was as bad as people make it out to be, what killed it for me was the loading times for EVERY FRIKKIN THING.  I don't really mind Heroes or Shadow either, even if I've run into plenty of physics problems in Heroes.  I think the Generations (PS3 version) is easily the best game since 3 & K (although the 3DS version is way worse, but still a decent game). Colors was okay, but I wasn't too much of a fan of the alien powers gimmick.  I will say that I'm looking forward to the multiple Sonic games confirmed for this year.

Exactly the same here :)

Was brilliant back then. I really like the side scrolling aspect and loved this game.

Couldn't get used to the Mega Drive version though. Just didn't seem as good

Pretty sure my first game was Alex Kidd in Miracle World, not sure how old I was but my brother had got a Master System for Christmas and Alex Kidd was loaded on it, this started my love of video games. I remember getting to the latter stages was such a thrill and the first time we finished it (which took a long time) was such a proud moment, video games were so much harder back then.

Seeing all the people comment on PS1/PS2 games being their first games makes me feel old, so I don't how old all you guys who have mentioned Pong feel :P

Edited by Simpo

I am that old, but it was Pac-Man not Pong on an Atari 2600. hehe

I'm with you there...it was Combat on the 2600 for me. Back in 1980. I was 4.  :blink:

Or I guess you could say Pac-man or Space Invaders if you include the coin-op arcades. Yikes.

Edit: didn't RTFQ properly. Sorry...heh. Don't really wish it was something else, because there wasn't a lot to choose from at that point...console gaming was still fairly new. I think they made a modernized sequel to Combat, but was just going to say it's amazing to see how far gaming has developed from then to the present.

Edited by SuperUnDonny

I can't exactly remember the full name of the game, but it was a dragon ball Z game. I did not have a game console myself at the time, although my local library had one and my mum really loved to visit and one time no one was on the ps2 and it had a dragon ball Z game in it, so i asked my sister if she wanted to verse me. I pretty much just button mashed to victory.

It was the first and last Dragon ball Z game I have played.

I do not really care for Dragon ball Z series

No I do not wish it was something else. 

Edited by X_Kustoms_X

Pretty sure I played some real basic computer games and atari and coleco vision first but...

I'll never forget the first day my dad brought home an NES which hadn't been around for long and nobody I knew had even played one, and my bros and I stayed up all night playing Mike Tyson's Punch-Out, Contra and Gunsmoke.

• 2 weeks later...