Trophy thoughts?

Betrigan

Trying to decide. Basically the trophies will decide if I buy it day one or not. Wasn't convinced I liked it from the closed or open beta. But love the team, and love MOBAs (which this is a bit different but still).

How tough do you think the trophies will be? 

Trying to decide. Basically the trophies will decide if I buy it day one or not. Wasn't convinced I liked it from the closed or open beta. But love the team, and love MOBAs (which this is a bit different but still).

How tough do you think the trophies will be? 

I'm in the same boat. Had lots of fun during the open beta. :)

Most of the trophies seem easy, yet grindy (which I don't have a problem with). The double kills, defeat all battleborn and lore challenges are definitely the hardest ones imo.

I wonder if everything can be boosted via private matches. :hmm:

• Like 1

The trophies didn't specify whether you needed to be in a Public Versus game so those double kills, defeat all battleborn and lore challenges could possibly be done in private matches. Lore challenges can be done in Story missions and double kills are honestly super easy to get with characters like Oscar Mike (his triangle) and Montana+Miko combo.

The whole list looks pretty easy, the lore challenges will be a little time consuming because you have to jump through some hoops. Only worrisome part I have is the Story mission difficulties.

Only the lore trophies are hard, in the Beta some of those challenges were insane! Unless they change it in the full game (which they won't), these lore trophies will take a long time to unlock.

Also, the platinum has "(excluding additional content trophies)." in its description... typical... the game didn't even come out yet and there's already going to be DLC for it... 

I'm very pleasantly surprised there aren't many MP-only trophies for this, but man, some of those lore challenges are going to be ridiculous to get. I remember glancing through the requirements in the open beta, thinking I'll never unlock some of them. I guess now I have another reason to go for them besides completionism, haha.

I'm very pleasantly surprised there aren't many MP-only trophies for this

Battleborn is MP-only though  :P you need to be online to get past the title screen, so if the servers or your internet go down then you won't even be able to play the story.

It's online only, yes. I'm not crazy about that, but I don't mind it. But! I'm not forced to play with other people for most of the trophies in a game clearly designed to be MP-focused, which is great. I'm getting Battleborn to keep me busy until Borderlands 3 and because I really like Gearbox's brand of humor/gunplay/loot, not because I have an interest in multiplayer. So this works out for me better than I had thought it would.

Only the lore trophies are hard, in the Beta some of those challenges were insane! Unless they change it in the full game (which they won't), these lore trophies will take a long time to unlock.

Also, the platinum has "(excluding additional content trophies)." in its description... typical... the game didn't even come out yet and there's already going to be DLC for it... 

To be fair, it's an online multiplayer focused game, particularly a MOBA-based one. Is it any surprise that the developers plan to support the game after release by adding more content to it? We've already known they'll add more playable characters beyond the first 25.

Now, I get the frustration with the idea of developers being so cocky as to act like their DLC will sell like gangbusters before the game is even out, but... again, for a multiplayer centric game, adding more content is a good way to inject more life into the game after it's launched and well under way. And as long as the DLC is, you know, good and reasonably priced, there's nothing wrong with planning for it ahead of time. This happens with a lot of games nowadays, including several games whose base content and DLC I both adore. More importantly, we don't know per se whether this DLC will be paid or free. I'd like to trust that at least some of the DLC, particularly character-centric DLC, will be free. Maybe additional story campaign maps will be paid. Maybe the only paid DLC will be cosmetics like costumes? *shrug*

So can you platinum the game entirely solo?I'm just curious not to sure if I wanna pick this game up.So many good games in May though

I don't think it can be platted completely solo. At the least, the trophy "When You Roll Up With the Squad Like" indicates you'll need to join a full public match. Some of the lore challenges sound like they might also be multiplayer-only. In fact, I'm not even sure you can earn titles or character/command exp versus the AI/bots in private (solo) PvP matches. I didn't think to try in the open beta. We'll see in a few days, I guess?