Sony isn't sure there will be a PS5.

JapanimeGamer

That is scary, how could they not be "sure" there will be a PS5. I mean everyone that has been with a Sony Playstation probably am sure that there will be a 5. Right? there will be a 5?

I wouldn't be surprised if this is just a play on words.

Sony might ditch the 5 from PS5 and instead just rename the equivalent console something completely different much like Microsoft did with Xbox then Xbox 360 and then Xbox one.

It might even be a streaming machine with no physical discs... that could explain why there might not be a PS5 (as we know it).

I must be honest though, first with talk of a PS4.5 and then this... hmm.

It seems very strange some of the rumours that are circulating... I know they are only rumours, but still.

**PS: Sorry, I thought I was in the Console section, I must have changed without realising.

Edited by JapanimeGamer

They are not going to announce a PS5 anytime soon. People are kind of raging with the PS4 NEO right now, so telling that a PS5 is coming would be to commit suicide.

Before the PS5, Sony must work a lot to improve their costumers satisfaction in terms of product, service and prices.

For sony to not make a PS5 or whatever they got up their sleeves for the next generation console would be the dumbest move. Why would they not want to make money. The market has way too many TVs nowadays, or do they make anything else?? The next Playstation is probably going ot be named PlaystationNXT...

That would be one reason why there might not be a 'PS5'.

I really do not want to start mayhem but a new system could mean new ways to game, and who knows, trophies could even be a thing of the past.

Gaming will change one day, maybe Sony is already planning that day.

Edited by JapanimeGamer

I feel like gamesradar is reading way too much into that statement.  It's always an IF until it's not.  If the PS2 had sold like 1000 units total, the PS3 would probably had never been either.  

that is true but the PS4 has sold way more than 1000 units to qualify them a PS5. Unless of course PS4.5 is gonna stink and justisfy a no PS5.

that is true but the PS4 has sold way more than 1000 units to qualify them a PS5. Unless of course PS4.5 is gonna stink and justisfy a no PS5.

The PS4 is also still very young in its life cycle.  Confirming a PS5 at this point would be more surprising than what he actually said.

Obviously they wouldn't say that there is going to be a PS5, otherwise it would put off people from buying PS4 and PS4 neo.

Oh come on...you can't be serious. :facepalm:

Almost every piece of tech has a successor. It's the price you pay as a consumer to play.

Now, I could see the argument that announcing the rumored 4.5 would make people delay, as that is probably coming in the near future.

But, even if he said they absolutely would have a PS5, no one in their right mind would wait 5+yrs and skip buying a PS4. That's just ridiculous.

I'm fairly sure there will be a PS5, Sony may want to go digital but I'm not sure the customer either wants to or is able to. I know I don't want to go digital and I'm not capable of doing so here in Australia either.

Kudos to you for knowing what the "if" was in regards to.

e.g. There's no need for a physical PS5 Console, if everything is streamed to an existing capable device (in the future, not next year...).

OP, if you going to post crap like this at least bring the context with it, before it becomes a bait/shame thread.

Too many ppl don't read the terrible article, or just post bs because they can.

They've made it to 4, I'd rather they just kept to the simple naming. They can do whatever incremental upgrades they want, they can spit out and or rush out another big upgrade, I don't care, but I'd like it to stay the same in terms of naming

So the next one should be PS5. The PS4K (which sounds so much better than Neo) should be PS4.5 or 4.whatever if they're planning more of them. And so on.

But that's just how I like it. Silly names for your machines like Jaguar and Dreamcast is Nintendo's thing now, everyone else has died and it's CLEARLY because they aren't using easy to understand numbering systems.

Like how you go from 1 to 360 and then back to 1. Or from 1 to 2 to 3 to 95 to 98 to 2000 to XP to Vista to 7 to 8 and then to fucking 10.

Edit: Actually, you go from 8 to 8.1, then to 10.

Edited by Super-Fly Spider-Guy
  • Like 2