Sony isn't sure there will be a PS5.

JapanimeGamer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 19/05/2016 at 6:28 AM, jackmadrox said:

All that the PS4 is, is a PS3.5 . There's a very small difference between the two in my opinion. Still enjoy PS4, but there's only a slight difference between it and PS3.

I felt this way about the base PS4 too. At least PS4 Pro made the generation leap seem more tangible with games like Horizon in 4K.

• Like 1

For some reason, even though I finally got my PS5 about a month ago it still feels like it's some sort of mythical beast that doesn't actually exist. I think it's because I've never actually seen it on store shelves anywhere, there's lot's of controllers, headsets and other PS5 peripherals but not the actual console itself. In fact this goes for for the Xbox Series X as well as I haven't seen that in stock anywhere either but I have seen a few Series S consoles.

Edited by Janire1911

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/23/2021 at 6:15 AM, DaveMcDamage said:

I'm still on the fence even if they were in stock or not. I usually give a new console release about 2 years before I make the choice. Its all about the games for me and at the moment neither company has anything I want.

I went to my local Walmart and Best Buy, both were out on PS5s. They don't know when the console will be restocked. I guess the chip shortage really has the tech industry struggling right now.

Only three games (Returnal, Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart and Demon's Souls) convince me to get a PS5. The rest of the stuff I can either play on the PS4, or just play on Steam on the PC, which is already vastly superior when it comes to specs.

• 2 weeks later...