Trophy thoughts on Alienation.

snakebit10

Longer but not a harder i think.

Trophy list looks very Diablo-esque, and I assume Hardcore plays the same way - one life. But that's the only thing that looks remotely difficult, which can probably be gotten easily by backing up save files anyway. Regardless, I'm so pumped for this game, whether it be long or short, hard or easy.

Edited by Dark_Raven666

It doesn't looked that grindy to me. The trophy list looks easier than Dead Nation. Game looks sick though.

I only say grindy because of reaching level 30 with 3 characters and reaching hero level 100. Of course I don't know how quickly you can level up either.

No online trophies! WOOHOO

No but like Dead Nation and Resogun it will probably be better played in co op.. I guess in reality it looks like all can be earned solo also.

Edited by snakebit10

I only say grindy because of reaching level 30 with 3 characters and reaching hero level 100. Of course I don't know how quickly you can level up either.

No but like Dead Nation and Resogun it will probably be better played in co op and all trophies could be considered online. I guess in reality it looks like all can be earned solo also.

True, most of the trophies state solo only though. I sure hope there are no co-op ones.

Thats not bad at all. Can't wait to play, but c'mon.. they've to add local co-op. I want to play it with my brother.

Yup. These games are meant for couch co-op. My honey practically 100% Dead Nation with me. He even kept wanting to play it after I plat it. That's why I can't wait to start games like Double Dragon Neon, Castle Crashers and Helldivers.

I'm not sure why people are excited for no co-op trophies. Co-op was the thing I was most excited about in this game and I don't understand why they didn't at least give us the option to do things either way. "Solo only"? That's crappy, Housemarque.

• Like 1

I'm not sure why people are excited for no co-op trophies. Co-op was the thing I was most excited about in this game and I don't understand why they didn't at least give us the option to do things either way. "Solo only"? That's crappy, Housemarque.

Some trophies would be too easy in co-op. Besides, a lot of trophies seem to be obtainable in co-op.

How do people have this already? Someone already has 90% of the trophies.

He (JoeFenix) allready got the level 100 Trophy. He just needs a couple of specific class Trophies and than the Platinum is in the pocket.

Unless Housemarque decides to change the XP gains, this Platinum will be within reach.

That's a lot of review copies. Upon logging in, one could already see that Canada was leaps and bounds from every other country with well over 3 million on the country leaderboards, and USA was 12th with only around 200k ~ish around 2:30 AM EST. I only spent two hours with the game, and we were all playing on veteran (hardest difficulty). I can say beyond a shadow or a doubt that this platinum will be much more grindy than dead nation. IMHO, they should've done away with all the "in solo play..." trophies. And leveling up isn't a cake wake either, not from where I'm standing. Yeah, I got to level 9 last night in two hours. But you have to keep in mind, hero level 100 is a long way away. Not only that but you have to get level 30 in every class as well as level 30 in hardcore. So, as I said before, this platinum will be much more of a grind than dead nation. Harder? Nah. I don't think so. Not by my first impressions. But time wise this platinum will most likely stay an ultra rare, if I'm not mistaken.

Edited by xxdmcgee2288xx

I think trophy hunters don't play for the same reasons as co-op gamers. I enjoy playing co-op games, but I also like getting trophies (but not hunting trophy as the reason to play), so I agree it is kind of lame that many of the trophies have "solo only" requirement.

I wonder what would be a good way to grind exp in Hardcore and if backing up save data works, because it's bullshit. Die once and your character is wiped. Leveling to 30 is gonna take forever if you wanna play it safe on recruit...

Wasn't a problem in Diablo 3. Don't really see it as a problem for this game either.

Completed that mission where you have to run to the helicopter and the mortars keep raining down on you last night. Damn it was so brutal on world level 2 veteran. But the experience it gave... Wow! Like one guy who got the MVP on my squad had 56.9 million. I got about 36 million.. And everyone else in the party was 26-27 million or more. That was one hell of a mission. Hate to see how bad that mission is in world 3 on veteran. I hate that even after getting to hero level 100 (which will take a shit ton of time investment, days and days, hours on top of hours) you still have to go back through and level both the other classes to 30 each. Don't forget level 30 hardcore. Which means you will have to beat the game about 4+ times easily. Adding in all the extra missions you will have to play, you will have to beat the game (my guess, level 100, and three other level 30's) probably around 7-8 times before staking the platinum. And it's much, much harder on veteran every new game+ you do (as mentioned before). The solo play trophies should definitely be avoided in any new game+ files. Altogether I would say, in my own respective estimate: you're looking at a 200+ hour platinum. Minimum 150 hours but.. Thats if you power level, which I'm unsure if a method is actually out there tht is effective. Anyways. I'm going for it.

Edited by xxdmcgee2288xx