First playthrough difficulty

vanesamacri

Hi.

I'm about to get started with this game and while I was reading some tips from a walkthrough I noticed it was suggested that the first playthrough should be played on hard difficulty.

Is this a reasonable feat? Or one of those rage inducing tasks? I wouldn't want to get burnt out on the game by getting killed at my every other step.

It's in my backlog. I'd play on hard and not worry about trophies (if you want them). Then you can run through on super easy and know the game well from learning it the harder way (and hopefully get the no deaths too)

It's meant to be a tense game and from what I;ve seen and heard hard is definitely the way to go, lights out and headphones on :devil:

• Like 1

I played on normal and found it nerve wracking enough... though a lot was probably in my mind!.. but I wasn't going for the plat.

If you are going for the plat you are going to have to play through twice I think for the kill no humans / kills ten humans so personally I would suggest doing normal to learn the game and mechanics then hard.. going more stealthy on hard where resources are more scarce... at least then you are ramping up the challenge for the second run... unless you are planning on a hard then nightmare run of course!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having quite the hard time, to be honest.

I'm on mission five at the moment and the only reason I think I made it this far is thanks to the abundance of saving spots. If they ever start becoming less common, I'm doomed.

The alien is constantly on my toes. I have to go jumping between hiding spots at my every other step. The corridors are so narrow it's kind of hard using distraction items (like the noisemaker).

Also, the androids have given me the scares much more than the alien has. They are bullet sponges.

Still, it's quite the enjoyable ride. The tension feels real and the atmosphere is fantastic. This game was meant to be played with headphones on.

Already finished the game on hard, first playthrough, and it's nothing to worry about, sure you'll die, A LOT, but that has nothing to do with the difficulty, it has to do with the way the game is meant to be played, if the Alien is going to kill you then it's going to kill you no matter the difficulty you're on, sure the droids take a lot to kill, but why are you killing thrm in the first place? You're supposed to hide from them, killing them will only alert the Alien and if you do you're dead anyway, only droids you DO have to kill you'll already have the best gun in the game, and enough ammo in that same place to kill them with no trouble at all, just aim at the head, charge your shot and drop them. for bonus points I also managed to get the kill no humans trophy as well, so I actually made the game harder for myself, well, slightly, you can still kill them with the Alien ;)

Bottom line is, don't worry about anything, just go for it and play it the way it was meant to be played, by moving silently, use everything you have at your disposal, and HIDE.

• Like 1