Game not fully installed?

Hey guys this is my first forum post!

Anyway, I recently bought the game through the PSN since they had it part of the flash sale for $9.99. It installed after an hour, and I was able to play for the first bit of the game up until the moment when you finish fighting Dogeye's men on the roof. After that segment it takes me back straight to the menu. The only problem is that the "continue" option is grayed out and I can only select "new game". 

It says "installing" on the bottom right of the menu screen, do I need to wait until that installation process finishes before I can continue? Or do I have to start from the very beginning again? 

Just curious because this is the first time this happened to me.

Hi, welcome to the Forums ^^ :)  :)

Well, maybe you should wait for the installation process finishes before you can continue. It is somehow recommended for an installation process, update, or something else to finish, then you can play your game nicely. 

I'm not 100% sure, but just try it, it works.

Hey guys this is my first forum post!

Anyway, I recently bought the game through the PSN since they had it part of the flash sale for $9.99. It installed after an hour, and I was able to play for the first bit of the game up until the moment when you finish fighting Dogeye's men on the roof. After that segment it takes me back straight to the menu. The only problem is that the "continue" option is grayed out and I can only select "new game". 

It says "installing" on the bottom right of the menu screen, do I need to wait until that installation process finishes before I can continue? Or do I have to start from the very beginning again? 

Just curious because this is the first time this happened to me.

When you download a big game on the PS4 (5-10 GB + more or less) it will initially download the first 2 or 3 GBs so you can start playing it without having to wait for the whole game to be downloaded, so when you reach a certain point in the game it will tell you that the other GBs needs to be downloaded or installed before continuing, so you will have to wait a little.

Edited by Finozzi1696

I appreciate the reply guys! I will let it install while I finish some things I have to do and will update this discussion. 

Edit: It works now after the installation process completed. I am now able to continue the game from where it left off. Thanks for the reply guys!

Edited by ayeitsmikko