DEMONアレックスGFX Tutorial Thread

DEMON

I actually wouldn't mind seeing a step by step process of how to make a good signature. Though not many can do it as well as you (obviously). It would be a cool almost "behind the scenes" feel. Since you have made such an imprint here on PSNP when it comes to signatures.

I will try and get a full one up sometime.  It would take a while though as my actual signatures that I spend a good chunk of time on have actually quite a whole load of steps, so I will have to figure out a way to make a tutorial for one of them without it being massive with like 30 or so steps.

• Like 2

I have to ask, which text are you using there? I love it. 

If you are asking about the tutorial;

ノクト was done using Light Novel POP (Japanese font).

DEMON was done using Gobold.

XV was done using Dolce Vita Light.

• Like 1

• Text blends well with everything. Text should not be done in a way that it's going to take all your attention, blending text is just as important as blending your render.
  • Using the correct style of font. There's many fonts to choose from over on dafont.com, use one that suits your signature, keep away from super stylized ones, stick with ones similar to GoBold (my favorite go to basic font) or Angilla Tattoo (slightly stylized but not much).
  • Proper use of Layer Styles; making sure you don't over do them, stick to about 3-4 of them, no more than that. I personally always stay away from Bevel and Emboss, it just looks so tacky to me.
  • Not giving a shit whether your silly quote is readable or not. Sometimes longer quotes will just cover your signature if you cared about people being able to read it. Best to just make it small and a part of the effects around the text, that or avoid the longer quotes.

That's probably the main things I need to remember, I know I've done the complete opposite multiple times (especially adding a bevel to it). I know a lot of the times I've left the font as the top layer because I wanted it to be readable, one that comes to mind was this one:

rei_sig_by_masamune316-d8icf9r.png

What was that about long quotes covering your sig? xD

That's probably the main things I need to remember, I know I've done the complete opposite multiple times (especially adding a bevel to it). I know a lot of the times I've left the font as the top layer because I wanted it to be readable, one that comes to mind was this one:

rei_sig_by_masamune316-d8icf9r.png

What was that about long quotes covering your sig? xD

That's not a bad looking signature really, but the text placement is rather poor in it.  If you had placed the quote/name better, they would have covered your background.. (and I would also say that font is too stylized for the quote.. fine for your name, but not the quote) but it's one I haven't seen in a long time so you definitely have came a long way in text work. :)  And Bevel is really a personal opinion.  If you like it, that's fine, but to me it kind of just looks tacky most of the time.

That's not a bad looking signature really, but the text placement is rather poor in it.  If you had placed the quote/name better, they would have covered your background.. (and I would also say that font is too stylized for the quote.. fine for your name, but not the quote) but it's one I haven't seen in a long time so you definitely have came a long way in text work. :)  And Bevel is really a personal opinion.  If you like it, that's fine, but to me it kind of just looks tacky most of the time.

Yeah, that sig was from my simple days (I think it only had like 5 or 6 layers). xD That one Dragon sig I made a little while back though, I did like the bevel I put on that font because I was trying to make it have like a gold or metal look to it (so I could shine a flare off it).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I really like your style, so I went ahead and made a tag from your tutorial while throwing my own spin on it. Thought you might like to see!

lulu_by_kirapwns-da4qsr7.png

Looks good! :D Glad my tutorial was of use. :) Shall make more of these hopefully.

• 3 months later...