Would You Like Final Fantasy VIII and IX on PS4?

BigPete7978

107 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Be Interested In Final Fantasy VIII and IX Being Released On PS4 Via PC Port?

• Yes
    • No

Given that we now have Final Fantasy VII on PS4 with trophy support, I was just wondering how many other people would love to see the rest of the PS1 era Final Fantasy titles released the same way, via PC port. 

Personally I think Final Fantasy VIII is the best in the series, and it is my favorite game of all time. 

Edited by BigPete7978
  • Like 3

Yea, same here.  They really got me with that title!

I'd love to see Final Fantasy VIII on PS4, it is my favorite FF :)

Sorry for the confusion. I have edited the title so it doesn't look like an announcement, that was never my intention. 

Awesome to see that you like FFVIII as the best title in the series. 

Never played them, so I'm indifferent, if they straight up ported 'em I'd try them out. None of this remake split into 3 games (probably over 10 years) crap.

I would definitely be up for a Final Fantasy VIII remake (not over 10 years), but I doubt that will happen. But yeah this topic is about a straight up port of the PC versions. 

Never played them, so I'm indifferent, if they straight up ported 'em I'd try them out. None of this remake split into 3 games (probably over 10 years) crap.

This post is so Cobby it hurts. 

Anyway, I'd play 'em probably. I didn't play VIII much and IX would be cool to try out. I have VII waiting to be played and I'm looking forward to the remaster after the wonderful job they did with X. 

• Like 1

I love both games, but there's no doubt FF8 suffered from a broken battle system and some plot issues. FF9 is my favorite in the series though.

FF9 is very likely to be released for PS4, seeing as it was just released for android and steam. What I really disliked about these re-releases is the addition of the cheats. They simply break the game, and can be very tempting to use for a lot of people. I really hope they make using the cheats disable the trophies. It's like max gil, max level etc.

FF9 had one of the most complicated level up systems, even if it seemed so simple and easy to grasp. You don't need to really get it either, and most likely you will think you do, but there's things about it that is never really explained in the game and just ... hidden! :P

Edited by MMDE

but seeing the steam version of ff9 showed that they are now a bit dated

Are you talking about graphics? Or gameplay? :S Usually when people say the game is dated, they refer to gameplay, and they say graphics are dated if they refer to the graphics. Graphics were awesome for the time, but very pixelated especially on non-CRT screens. Gameplay is still amazing IMO, and I played through the game not too long ago.