Would You Like Final Fantasy VIII and IX on PS4?

BigPete7978

107 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Be Interested In Final Fantasy VIII and IX Being Released On PS4 Via PC Port?

• Yes
    • No

I don't care about VIII, it was agressively unfun thanks to the draw system, but I would love to see IX get released on PS4.

Wasn't just the actual drawing that was the problem. It's more that the battle system is completely broken. Just draw the right magic (very strong) from the right enemies, and you don't need to draw anymore other than GFs etc. I remember I drew maximum amount of everything the Ultima Weapon boss had, that's like the second hardest boss in the game, and you can only face it after walking down a long path fighting very strong enemies (no saving I think). Took many many rounds, and afterwards I killed the boss easily with just normal attacks... That's the problem with the game, it's broken. The level up system, where you need the same amount for each level, broken. You can max level on first or second disc out of four easily. But you don't wanna do that, oh the pain, you want to level up with certain GFs abilities that boost stats further at level up. And to really max stats, you wanna eat certain enemies, takes forever. As much as I like the card game, some of the card side quests were pretty specific and strange etc AKA annoying. The SeeD level and money you earn through that... You lose that level over time, and you want it to be at max as much as possible. Pretty tricky stuff, and you can so easily cheat etc etc. Just eh, broken and annoying.

And we're not even getting into the plot issues...

Edited by MMDE

8 was my personal favourite and 9 was pretty good too but I wouldn't play ported versions, remakes absolutely but not ported versions. The PS1 era does not hold up well and they would look terrible. A remastered version of 12 would be great though. That came out while I was at University, a depressingly fallow time in my gaming and it completely passed me by. I'd jump at the chance to give that a go

The PS1 era does not hold up well and they would look terrible.

I guess again this would be a reference to the graphics and not the gameplay. That's one thing I liked a lot about the PS1 era. You had 2D and 3D games, lots of 'em trying all kinds of new stuff. The part of a game's budget that went towards graphics weren't anywhere near as big, and more time spent on other things, which makes the games hold up very well IMO. This is where the 7th and 8th gen has failed rather hard, and somewhat the 6th gen too.

I would love a remake with higher resolution sprites and backgrounds etc for the game, maybe adding some new stuff etc. Really, this is what I wanted for FF7 remake too, but they aren't going to do that. =\ Maybe a symphonic recording that stays very true to the original soundtrack would have been great too. Some new side stuff. Maybe some easter eggs. Maybe some new bosses and areas. Maybe some extension of the story somehow etc.

Edited by MMDE

I really loved that to happen but I doubt it! SE just released ff7 port because this game will have a remake in a few months,
and I say this with some regret of someone who loves a game called Onimusha and up to today there was never a HD collection as had happened with other games ...

if it did, at least if it doesn't include on the trophies something like to get Excalibur 2 in ff9 (this would be an authentic headache)

Absolutely! I'd also love to see FF XII.

I really loved that to happen but I doubt it! SE just released ff7 port because this game will have a remake in a few months,
and I say this with some regret of someone who loves a game called Onimusha and up to today there was never a HD collection as had happened with other games ...

if it did, at least if it doesn't include on the trophies something like to get Excalibur 2 in ff9 (this would be an authentic headache)

Square plans to make all FF games available on PS4 (except for XI)

Edited by Spawn of Uamenti

Are you talking about graphics? Or gameplay? :S Usually when people say the game is dated, they refer to gameplay, and they say graphics are dated if they refer to the graphics. Graphics were awesome for the time, but very pixelated especially on non-CRT screens. Gameplay is still amazing IMO, and I played through the game not too long ago.

i ment the graphics look a bit dated now, but that to be expected from games over 15 years old. i love the gameplay from the ff games its always held up imo.

Excalibur II is even unachievable in the download version of FF9. It is required to open the disc drive to interrupt the CGI movies. You obviously cannot do this in the digital version. Any challenge containing the Ex II has to be adjusted to the fact that 12 hours is simply impossible without being able to interrupt the movies.

Excalibur II is even unachievable in the download version of FF9. It is required to open the disc drive to interrupt the CGI movies. You obviously cannot do this in the digital version. Any challenge containing the Ex II has to be adjusted to the fact that 12 hours is simply impossible without being able to interrupt the movies.

They can extend the time ! it was the only thing I never did on ff9. I knew this trick ...to open psone to cut the movies (but it doesn't make sense to ignore a great game just to catch a rare weapon)

But i'm gonna tell you something... you mentioned ff12, well i hope the game exit in digital format with trophies but one of the trophies is to defeat Yiazmat :D

I played FFI-VI on GBA and DS, FFX and FFX-2 on PS2 (and later on PS3 too) and the FFXIII trilogy on PS3. FFVII on PS4 was my first chance to finally play this game!

So yeah, I definitely would like to get FFVIII and FFIX on PS4 as PC-Ports too! :D And while they're at it, they can also give us the rumoured FFXII HD Remaster, and then I'll finally have played all Final Fantasy games. :awesome: (Because Online titles don't count. :P)

Yiazmat is a joke. You can leave the battle and come back later. That makes the whole 50 million HP thing somehow pointless.

I never said that boss is hard, i found hell wyrm more harder than him but the battle is all about endurance (its like playing 24h race on gt5) :)

The great challenge of this battle is to stay in the arena without leave, that's exactly what I did once and I intend to do again

Edited by Rose_Dark

IX is the best Final Fantasy, so yeah I hope to bring it to PS4 with trophy support. Hopefully the list is different to the Steam version. 1000 jump ropes....? No thanks xD

I wouldn't mind seeing VIII get a PS4 release as well, even though it's one of my least favorite FF's.

Edited by Venocide

I'd probably play them both, since it's been such a long time. VIII is one of the weakest in the franchise, but there's still some nostalgia that's keeping it alive for me. IX on the other hand is one of the best, together with FF VI and VII.

If they're going to release them I hope they add the 3x speed and no encounter mods that FFVII had. Those made the game so much more enjoyable.

I love 8 and 9, but what I really want is 12 playable on PS3. *makes grabby hands* And if they remake anything, I think it should be IV or VI. Though V, IX & XII are my top 3 (INPO).

Edited by Xaedere

Am I the only one who liked the Draw system in VIII? It was something different.  Loved the fact you could find GFs in it sometimes. It was a very deep system, anyone in your party could be anything which meant there was no "best" party at the end of the game to use. I think the one thing you should all be complaining about in it is that stupid alien side quest.. that was maybe the worst part of FFVIII.

And sure, FFIX was maybe one of my least favorite FFs (story wasn't very interesting, bosses didn't give any XP from what I recall which I just thought was stupid..) but I'll give it another shot.  I do plan in giving FFXII another shot which was my least favorite of the series due to how slow it was, FFXI had a faster combat system ffs.

FF VIII is the only one since V that I have not ever finished.  I just never seemed to be able to get all the way through.  I LOVED the card game though, I have spent more hours playing that than the actual game.  That being said, I would happily give it another shot if trophies were involved.  Also, I really enjoyed IX.  Mostly for the treasure hunting on Chocobo on the world map.  That is the biggest part I remember about the game.

Short version, if they came out with trophies (live VII did) I would buy them and play them through.