Would You Like Final Fantasy VIII and IX on PS4?

BigPete7978

107 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Be Interested In Final Fantasy VIII and IX Being Released On PS4 Via PC Port?

• Yes
    • No

My initial instinct is to say "yes, YES!", particularly because FFIX is such a great game (and I think that FFVIII is underrated as well). But honestly, my PS1 copies work just fine, Square will obviously overcharge for it, and I wouldn't buy it anyway. 

So, thinking in those terms, I say I don't care about it. However, if somehow the pocketstation stuff got built into FFVIII, I might be more interested, since I never got a chance to see some of that stuff. I don't know if it would be worth a whopping $16, though.

Why not just release the entire franchise with trophies?

Although with FF9, they would need to increase the battle speed to get me to play that again, even on the highest speed it is so slow

That's one reason I like the 3X Speed on FFVII for PS4. Speeds up things quite a bit. I've beaten the game so many times already.

VIII and IX? No, I want them all, I - IX, heck put XII in there as well while you're at it and I'll get them all. Almost, if not all, of them are already on steam anyway so just port them over and be done with it, I want every FF Platinum on my list (other then the stupid MMOs that is)

Excalibur II is even unachievable in the download version of FF9. It is required to open the disc drive to interrupt the CGI movies. You obviously cannot do this in the digital version. Any challenge containing the Ex II has to be adjusted to the fact that 12 hours is simply impossible without being able to interrupt the movies.

You can do 12 hours without interrupting the CGI videos. It's a pretty tight run, but it's doable just fine.

Although with FF9, they would need to increase the battle speed to get me to play that again, even on the highest speed it is so slow

That's not one of the cheats available on the steam version. They added max level and gil etc. Just shit that breaks the game. I don't think speeding up the game is all that bad of a cheat to be honest, because it doesn't break the game. :P Anyway, you had options in the actual game to speed up battles IIRC. This goes for many of the FF games. IIRC you also had multi player option in FF9 too like in some of the other games (little known fact I think)!

I never thought FF4-9 had a slow battle system. Slow battle system is like FFT, where each battle takes like 15-45 mins. xD

Edited by MMDE

I'm disappointed in the poll just being a binary "yes/no", because that's not how I feel on this matter.

On one hand, I would LOVE to see Final Fantasy IX on PS4, with or without trophies (though we would obviously expect trophies). Its a game in the series I've wanted to play for a long time, and a PS4 arrival would easily be the most convincing thing to finally make me set aside time and money for it. I'm interested in just about everything IX has to offer, from the gameplay to the writing. It's the Final Fantasy I'm most interested in playing, so much that I think it might possibly overtake my enchantment with VI if I actually experienced it firsthand.

On the other hand... I couldn't care less about Final Fantasy VIII. I've seen much of a playthrough of that game, and it seems like a game that would either bore or frustrate me to no end. I get the idea behind mechanics like Junctioning and how level ups work in that game, but they're so counter-intuitive they just bother me on a fundamental level, and I don't see myself enjoying all the min-maxing associated with making the most of that kind of mechanic. More importantly, I just find VIII's story a lot less interesting than IX- blander characters, writing that tries to be too serious for its own good, and other such things. While I admit I'm kinda prejudicial here, and maybe my opinions would change if I actually played the game, I simply don't want to give that game any of my time or money. I'd rather see just IX, and leave VIII behind.

IX is the best Final Fantasy game (my opinion), so my answer would definitely be yes (I also like VIII, but it's not even in the top 5 FFs). Although I'd prefer they'd instead release them as PS1 trophy-enabled ports (they had a patent for that too and the PS2 emulation with trophies is a reality nowadays already...) so they wouldn't include the boosts/cheats. However, if they do port the PC versions and include the boosts though, I'd likely make use of them since I've completed these games numerous times - including one Excalibur II run on PS1.  The PC version sadly has an achievement for that too so I'd imagine any PS4 port would include it too.

I don't think it would take much effort to make a digital port for those two games right? I mean you can already play them on the vita through that PSOne classics things.

I actually would love for them to just go ahead and release the whole series I through IX at least. Give me a chance to platinum some classic games I really love and a chance to play some games in a series that come highly recommended, but I haven't gotten a chance to play.

I don't think it would take much effort to make a digital port for those two games right? I mean you can already play them on the vita through that PSOne classics things.

I actually would love for them to just go ahead and release the whole series I through IX at least. Give me a chance to platinum some classic games I really love and a chance to play some games in a series that come highly recommended, but I haven't gotten a chance to play.

Exactly my thoughts. I just got the platinum for Final Fantasy VII. While the game hasn't aged well graphically, the story and gameplay are still top notch. I still found myself noticing new things within the game. Would love to play through the others from the PSOne era. Hell bring them all out, I'd buy them.

Not a chance. Squenix should be ashamed of all those remasters and create new games instead. A few years ago, some big shot even said that the day they announced a FF7 remake would be the day they would admit that they cant create anything better.

I'd LOVE to play the Final Fantasy series again, this time with Trophy support...especially some I've never had a chance to play, like 1, 2, and 12. I want 4, 5. and 9 especially to play with trophies. 6 was quite good too, but there were a LOT of characters to keep track of, lol. A few too many for my tastes, even if the game was really good.