Would You Like Final Fantasy VIII and IX on PS4?

BigPete7978

107 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Be Interested In Final Fantasy VIII and IX Being Released On PS4 Via PC Port?

• Yes
    • No

Damn straight. Admittedly, VIII was never my favourite, but it was still good.
IX on the other hand i think was one of the best final fantasy games to date.
To me, it was like seeing a sort of 3D remake of the original games from back before playstation even existed.
These two games would go perfectly into the collection. :)
Although, i would end up getting greedy and start demanding VI be released as well, just because. :P

Don't take me wrong. I love those games and I enjoyed a hell of them, playing hours and hours, doing sidequests and finding hidden stuff. But... doing it again is not something I'm excited for. Ok, new players from the a new generation of people would have the chance to try them for the first time, but... pushing and pushing old games it's not a great idea. Do a spin off, a second part, a third part, everything you want, but re-release a game, with shitloads of improvements that no one cares (like HD remaster and cheats) man, you will end hating the game at the end of the day. Want to play them again? buy the digital copy available in the store for PS3, PSP and PS Vita. End of the story.

My answer is: no.

I forgot to say that this entirely my way to see it, I'm not speaking by anyone. Maybe you don't feel the same as me. 

So, chill if I'm not with mostly everyone.

Edited by Katt

FF8 is actually the only FF game I have never beat, and I always stop at roughly the same spot on disc 2...

If they rereleased it with the 3x speed modifier, fixed pixilation (like IX on steam has), trophy support, and at a decent price, I would buy it and actually play through it again.

IX is a no brainer. I own every version of that game that has been released to date.

• 2 weeks later...

Not a chance. Squenix should be ashamed of all those remasters and create new games instead. A few years ago, some big shot even said that the day they announced a FF7 remake would be the day they would admit that they cant create anything better.

The thing is, they just released FFIX on Android... with cheats and stuff, so you can break the battle system as usual. Get max level, max money etc etc. *smh* I wish they could add things like that as something you unlock at the end of the game for something you do. And definitely disable trophies when used.

^ Some are awesome, some are garbage.

This is likely the version that will come for PS4.

The thing is, they just released FFIX on Android... with cheats and stuff, so you can break the battle system as usual. Get max level, max money etc etc. *smh* I wish they could add things like that as something you unlock at the end of the game for something you do. And definitely disable trophies when used.

^ Some are awesome, some are garbage.

This is likely the version that will come for PS4.

Will people disagree? Probably. But this is my opinion: it is ridiculous to re-release a game (under any circustance) with things like those shown on the video. Why bother playing then? Especially if you can simply watch the cutscenes nowadays. Its like devs are saying "you are too dumb to appreciate the game mechanics, so I will make your life easier".

Then again, maybe I am wrong. I like challenges and it seems that is not the way games are made anymore.

Will people disagree? Probably. But this is my opinion: it is ridiculous to re-release a game (under any circustance) with things like those shown on the video. Why bother playing then? Especially if you can simply watch the cutscenes nowadays. Its like devs are saying "you are too dumb to appreciate the game mechanics, so I will make your life easier".

Then again, maybe I am wrong. I like challenges and it seems that is not the way games are made anymore.

Yup, it's just... what's the point? And the argument would be, it's for people who don't like the turn based battle system or want to quickly play through the game again. Okay, but I think it does more harm than good. I think most people who would use it is the same people as who's never actually tried getting deep into the battle system. :\ They would totally miss out on a good chunk of the game. No cheats was the way the game was intended to be played.

"It doesn't harm anyone..." I beg the differ, didn't I just explain how it did? =P

"...but themselves." And? Your point is?

"It's their choice. They could probably find ways to cheat it anyway." Sure, but this encourage it, makes it easy. Even if they really try, if they get into a hard spot, they won't dig deeper into the system, but might instead be very tempted to just cheat the game. Especially when you get to things like Ozma. :\

I however think it would be a fun thing to unlock after doing certain things in the game, perhaps unlock it for a NG+ or something. :) Like beat Ozma would be a nice way to unlock a cheat. Get Excalibur II would be another. Or get all cards. etc Maybe something for some of the key items, perhaps trade some of them in. There's tons of missable, strange and secret key items.

The real question is why are they doing this? :S They're embarrassed about the battle system. It's why they feel they HAVE to change FF7's remake when a lot of fans says they'd rather not. I'm not one of those who ask for exactly the same, like they don't need to stand in a static line. They could move around while they fight, like in FFXIII, though not that kind of battle system. This could serve as a new gameplay element, where you'd be able to do back attacks etc. Things like that. I'd love it if they redid everything in the game and just added extra stuff. More interesting things. Maybe new references and scenes from other parts of the FF7 series. etc etc ;p

...... rant over for now

It's the mixing of all the different gamers. Console gamers are raised on finishing the challenges presented to them in an unalterable game. PC gamers are all about modding the hell out of their games. Phone gamers are...well, I don't even know what they are.

When the styles were separate, it was fine. But mow that everyone wants to develop across platforms, no one is ever satisfied (and count me among the disappointed as well).