Game keeps crashing... What can I do to stop the crashing & freezing?

Maxximum

Hello Guys

I have read all threads similar to this one, but I still didn't get them right.

Yesterday, I was playing this game really fine, completing Challenges, Collecting Evidence, etc. As soon as I reached Chapter 5 - Hunter & Hunted -- The Vixen Club Checkpoint, where Agent 47 had to eliminate Dom Osmond (whatever his name is), there was a guard that is dressed in black shirt with PINK words and blue pants. I waited for that guard to turn back to his place, so I used my Fiber Wire to eliminate him, and Change Disguise. As soon as I Changed Disguise, Nothing happened  :unsure: , He just froze right in front of the guard. He can choose weapons, rotate camera, all that, but he can't move. I just decided to Restart Checkpoint. I did, but I only got a black screen with no display, then the game froze. I had to restart my system, restart the game and try again, but it still crashed and froze. I deleted the Game Data, re-installed it, try again, still froze and crash. I looked at the disc, but there is barely a scratch.

As you can see, I just earned the  :silver: Set for life trophy a few minutes ago, since I was playing Contracts. When I came to the Absolution section, try again, continue Chapter 5, it still happened.

Is Chapter 5 the only problem, or what? C'mon help me out guys :S  :(  :(  :S  :S

Have you tried restarting your ps3 in safe mode and rebuilding the database? You could have a corrupt system file that is causing the crashes

Activating Safe Mode

Step 1: Turn off the PLAYSTATION 3 by holding the Power button on the front of the unit till the Power light is red.

Step 2:

1. Touch and hold the Power button, you will hear the first beep, meaning the PLAYSTATION 3 is powering on.
  2. Continue to hold the Power button and after about 5 seconds, you will hear a second beep, indicating the video reset.
  3. Continue to hold the Power button and after about another 5 seconds you will hear a third beep and the system will power off (Power light is red).

Step 3:

1. Touch and hold the Power button, you will hear the first beep, again for the PLAYSTATION 3 to power on.
  2. Continue to hold the Power button and after about 5 seconds, you will hear a second beep for video reset.
  3. Continue to hold the Power button and after about another 5 seconds you will hear a quick double beep.  At that point release the Power button.  If you succeeded in activating Safe Mode, you will see a message on the screen saying, "Connect the controller using a USB cable and then press the PS button."

4. Connect a USB cable to the controller and the PLAYSTATION 3 and press the PS button to enter Safe Mode.
  5. Then you will see the Safe Mode menu

Safe Mode Options

In Safe Mode, you will have the following options:

1. Restart System - Ends safe mode and starts up the PLAYSTATION 3 normally.
  2. Restore Default Settings - Performs the same operations as on the XMB™, and also deletes PlayStation®Network account information from the system.
  3. Restore File System - Attempts to repair all areas on the hard disk drive where files can be saved. Corrupted data may be erased if it cannot be recovered.
  4. Rebuild Database - Deletes messages, playlists, changes made on screens, trimming information for pictures in , video thumbnails, video playback history and video resume information.
    This operation may take a long time depending on the type and number of data items.
  5. Restore PS3 System - IMPORTANT: All data will be lost by performing this step.
    This will reformat the hard drive on the PLAYSTATION 3, deleting all data and restoring it to as if it just came out of the box. This is the same as on the XMB.
  6. System Update - Updates the PS3 system software. This can only be done with an update file already saved on an external storage media.
Edited by SnowxSakura

Wow! Does the same procedure apply to PS4? Not that I have a problem but I like to be prepared when it hits the fan  :)

It's a little different, but here you go.

Starting the PS4 in Safe Mode
  1. Turn off the PlayStation 4 by pressing the power button on the front panel. The power indicator will blink for a few moments before turning off.
  2. Once the PlayStation 4 is off, press and hold the power button. Release it after you've heard two beeps: one when you initially press, and another 7 seconds later.
  3. Connect the DualShock 4 controller with the provided USB cable and press the PS button on the controller.
Safe Mode Options

The following options are available in Safe Mode:

1. Restart System: Ends Safe Mode and restarts the PlayStation 4 normally.
  2. Change Resolution: Changes the screen resolution to 480p when the PlayStation 4 is restarted.
  3. Update System Software: Allows the PlayStation 4 to update the system software via Internet, USB Drive, or Disc.
  4. Restore Default Settings: Restores the PlayStation 4 to the default factory settings.
  5. Rebuild Database: Scans the drive and creates a new database of all content. This operation may take a long time depending on the type and number of data items.
  6. Initialize PS4: Important: All data and settings will be lost by performing this step. Deletes all user data and restores the PS4 as if it just came out of the box. This option is the same as [initialize PS4 ] in the (Settings) menu. System software (firmware) is not deleted.
  7. Initialize PS4 (Reinstall System Software): Important: Deletes all information on the HDD, including the System Software. Click here to download the reinstallation version of PS4 system software.
  • Like 1

Totally don't have a clue or a fix, but i just platted Hitman Absolution this afternoon and i really was afraid of the play styles glitching on me. But it didn't. Never had any issues playing the game. I played it digital and it was the PS+ version from back in the days.

Yeah! That's the one, I deleted once I finished the all online trophies for the game because of worries it might somehow mess up my game,  tried that and see if it works? hopefully.

So, you delete that update by deleting the Game Data itself? If that's the case, THANK YOU VERY MUCH, I owe you one!!! (If it works)

But really, do you just delete the Game Data, since you can still play offline?

So, you delete that update by deleting the Game Data itself? If that's the case, THANK YOU VERY MUCH, I owe you one!!! (If it works)

But really, do you just delete the Game Data, since you can still play offline?

Once you delete the game data it will ask you to update the game the next time you launch it, just hit the circle button to cancel the update and continue playing offline

• Like 1

Once you delete the game data it will ask you to update the game the next time you launch it, just hit the circle button to cancel the update and continue playing offline

Thanks man, I owe both of you  :)  :)  :)

You guys definitely cleared my day ^^

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, it's me again.. I'm disappointed that none of the things I tried worked

I first deleted the patch v1.02 and started playing offline. It was working just fine. I completed Challenges, now I got the :silver: Reach for the Stars trophy. I played through Chapter 1 - 4 very fine without having the game to crash and freeze. As soon as I reached Chapter 5 - Hunter & Hunted, when I reach the Vixen Club checkpoint, it all started to crash.. 

From there, I downloaded the patch, but Agent 47 just froze in place when he was changing disguises. I deleted it again, The Vixen Club checkpoint doesn't want to load. I disabled my internet connection, still froze..

What in the world can i do now?????!!! 

Oh, for Crying Out Loud guys  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(

All of this crashing and freezing are preventing me from platting this game.. How did you guys plat yours, or how did you find a solution on how to fix this issue??

How did you fix it?

Edited by ee28max

• 2 weeks later...

1. Restore File System - Attempts to repair all areas on the hard disk drive where files can be saved. Corrupted data may be erased if it cannot be recovered.

I am going to try this one, but first I need to ask you something.

I think my system has a corrupted data, which makes Hitman: Absolution to crash and freeze.

Will this only repair, or will it also delete all my save files? How long will it take? Is this like a scan?

I am going to try this one, but first I need to ask you something.

I think my system has a corrupted data, which makes Hitman: Absolution to crash and freeze.

Will this only repair, or will it also delete all my save files? How long will it take? Is this like a scan?

No it won't delete save files, however it will repair any that might be corrupted. I've only used it once before and it took about 20 minutes for it to check and repair some corrupted system files I had from playing Defiance.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...