Ratchet & Clank Deadlocked HD to hit PSN later this year

Lady Lilith

http://www.theverge....twork-this-year

ratchet_deadlocked_large_verge_medium_landscape.jpg

Another Ratchet & Clank game is getting a high-definition upgrade this year, the tenth anniversary of the action platformer franchise. Insomniac Games announced at PAX today that the fourth game in the series, Ratchet Deadlocked for the PlayStation 2, will come to PlayStation Network later this year.

Development on Ratchet Deadlocked HD will be handled by Idol Minds, the studio responsible for the recently released Ratchet & Clank Collection. The high definition collection bundled the first three PS2 games — Ratchet & Clank, Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando, and Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal — on a single disc. Deadlocked HDwill be a downloadable title only, said Insomniac's James Stevenson.

Ratchet Deadlocked was originally released in 2005. The game placed a greater emphasis on gunplay and focused solely on Ratchet, giving his sidekick Clank a little downtime.

This is one of the two Ratchet & Clank games I've never played (The other one is Secret Agent Clank, which I've heard isn't so great), so I'm pretty excited to try a brand new (to me) Ratchet. Full Frontal Assault is also supposed to hit this fall, so that's even better.

Edited by gamerm1337

Despite what a lot of people thought, this was one of my favorites. Getting that level 99 Supernova and raining fucking satellite beams all over the arena was awesome. I liked the idea of the universe's heroes being forced to fight for their lives in the arena and the online modes (like in 3) were legit.

• Like 1

Despite what a lot of people thought, this was one of my favorites. Getting that level 99 Supernova and raining fucking satellite beams all over the arena was awesome. I liked the idea of the universe's heroes being forced to fight for their lives in the arena and the online modes (like in 3) were legit.

I agree with you!

The best part about this game, is that you can play co-op with a friend offline :D I remember we went straight on Gladiator/Extreme (hardest difficulty) straight away, and didnt have too much difficulty (face it, its not a very hard game). From there we found a small "moneymaking glitch".

One of the levels where to destroy many small robotenemies before they crossed a certain line. We added turrets with full money+ gadgets, and we made like 1 million bolts each time. :|

All weapons to max. Was AWSOME gaming summer :)

• 2 weeks later...

I thought it was pretty damn good. yeah it was more action focused but it was so damn good action. I'll be getting this so I can plat the entire PS2 collection (almost got the plat for the first one, then will work on the other 2).