Telltales Walking Dead Season 3

TWD series creator Robert Kirkman has dished out some details about Telltales third Walking Dead game. Its gonna be closer to the current events in the comics and takes place quite a distance after the second game so we get a older clementine. Details below

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/04/25/telltales-the-walking-dead-season-3-will-be-checking-in-on-clementine

Edited by Stargazer2600

All i know is ken better be in it.

At the end of season 2,

can you kill Kenny? (oh my god) If it is possible, I could see him making an appearance in episode 1 but any characters whose fate you decide never stay around for long due to programming complications.

Edited by awf9495

i liked the first season, but didn't liked the second one that much, its not bad but personally i didn't found many of the new characters to be that charismatic or interesting as opposed to the ones in the first season which i thought were well made for the most part, also i noticed more action-sequences in the second one and less "peaceful" moments compared to the first season, which i also disliked.

still looking forward to the third season, but i'm not as hyped as i used to be before the second one was released

Edited by smellslikejavier
  • Like 1

At the end of season 2,

can you kill Kenny? (oh my god) If it is possible, I could see him making an appearance in episode 1 but any characters whose fate you decide never stay around for long due to programming complications.

you can kill kenny or the one chick or let them kill each other. your ending depends on who is saved or not

• Like 1

Sweet, I'll take all the news I can get about this.

Very, very excited for it.  I'd have a hard time deciding which prior season was my favorite.  Season One has nostalgia on it's side and arguably the more surprising "things that happen", but Season Two just killed me in terms of what it made me decide/choose between.  Love this franchise.

you can kill kenny or the one chick or let them kill each other. your ending depends on who is saved or not

Based on my question, I'm sure you can figure out which ending I ended up with.  I had no idea about the last option though.

Edited by awf9495
  • Like 1

All I really want to know is how this next season will follow up with last season's multiple endings. I just can't think of a reasonable way in which they'll go about it. On one hand, I see them making those final choices irrelevant and throwing everyone into the same spot somehow. Another possibility is that the decisions will play into the third season, and I just find that a bit far-fetched that they would let a few different scenarios play such a large role for the entire story. I honestly think they would have been better off having the story come down to one ending as it did in the first season. 

All I really want to know is how this next season will follow up with last season's multiple endings. I just can't think of a reasonable way in which they'll go about it. On one hand, I see them making those final choices irrelevant and throwing everyone into the same spot somehow. Another possibility is that the decisions will play into the third season, and I just find that a bit far-fetched that they would let a few different scenarios play such a large role for the entire story. I honestly think they would have been better off having the story come down to one ending as it did in the first season. 

i wanna know if its gonna be for PS3 or just the newer systems cause if its not coming to PS3 then im wondering how my decisions from my ps3 saves can get to PS4

unless none of my choices are gonna matter, that would be a easy way to solve that

i wanna know if its gonna be for PS3 or just the newer systems cause if its not coming to PS3 then im wondering how my decisions from my ps3 saves can get to PS4

I think the choices you've made are bound to your Telltale Account. Once you log in on PS4 it will probably recognize your TT account and share the saves with the PS4. I dunno how it works but it's something like that

• Like 1

I think the choices you've made are bound to your Telltale Account. Once you log in on PS4 it will probably recognize your TT account and share the saves with the PS4. I dunno how it works but it's something like that

I could be wrong, but Telltale didn't have "Telltale accounts" until after TWD Season Two.  Or at the very least, it definitely wasn't around for TWD Season One.

If it works like that anyways.

Edited by Dreakon13

I could be wrong, but Telltale didn't have "Telltale accounts" until after TWD Season Two.  Or at the very least, it definitely wasn't around for TWD Season One.

If it works like that anyways.

Yeah, i think they didn't implement TT accounts until after Season 2. Maybe they'll just ask us what desicion we made at the end of S2.

At the end of season 2,

I stuck with Kenny all the way to the end. I mean sometimes i spoke out against him but i always had his back but in the very end, when he finally lost his mind, i drew that line. And when he finally said thank you, i felt like maybe i did the right thing

Yeah, i think they didn't implement TT accounts until after Season 2. Maybe they'll just ask us what desicion we made at the end of S2.

They've never done this previously and I don't see them doing this now.  Also, the Cloud saves they implemented on Minecraft are for PC and mobile, NOT console.  The only way linking a Telltale account would have any impact is if for Season 3 they added console cloud saving through their system.  They never have (and probably never will) use Sony's cross-save.  If they do change their minds with Season 3, I'd be pleasantly surprised, but I wouldn't put money on that bet.  Also, when it comes to supporting PS3, they'll probably launch games on that platform until Sony stops allowing new submissions.  The userbase on PS3 worldwide is still much bigger than PS4, so there's no reason to cut-off a large percentage of your fanbase if you don't have to.

No more buffoonery with grown adults telling a little girl to go off alone to perform tasks they're perfectly capable of accomplishing.

While I could completely believe that grown adults are shitty enough to do such a thing, no more buffoonery about supposed "nice guys" doing this.

I'm excited to hear about the older Clementine, but aren't there very different scenarios in her ending? My guess is she'll be a bit player.

Edited by starcrunch061

My guess is she'll be a bit player.

Who could possibly take the reigns then?

Taking Season One and Two into consideration, Lee passed the torch to Clementine.  Who does she pass the torch to?  My original thought was the baby, if it jumps ahead enough time the kid could be front and center... but playing as a 5 year old wouldn't be particularly interesting either unless they REALLY jump ahead and the kid is 12-13 or however old Clem was in Season Two.  It'd have to be a new character altogether, if not Clementine herself (though that isn't sounding like the case).

Should be interesting to see.  Something to keep in mind is that Season Three should be considerably more cutthroat, considering 4 years into the apocalypse (to line up with the comics) is a bit more bleak than 1-2, I would think.

Edited by Dreakon13

Who could possibly take the reigns then?

Taking Season One and Two into consideration, Lee passed the torch to Clementine.  Who does she pass the torch to?  My original thought was the baby, if it jumps ahead enough time the kid could be front and center... but playing as a 5 year old wouldn't be particularly interesting either unless they REALLY jump ahead and the kid is 12-13 or however old Clem was in Season Two.  It'd have to be a new character altogether, if not Clementine herself (though that isn't sounding like the case).

Should be interesting to see.  Something to keep in mind is that Season Three should be considerably more cutthroat, considering 4 years into the apocalypse (to line up with the comics) is a bit more bleak than 1-2.

It's a good question. My guess is they'll move to a different character group altogether, but over the course of the adventure (if one could call it an "adventure"), they'll meet the older Clementine. We'll see, though.