replay with everything?

Lonemankane

Not sure what transfers in NG+ for ME3 Insanity. Since you asked about the other games too though, I'm doing ME2 Insanity run right meow and your level and skill points transfer. You also can get a bonus power from the beginning for any of the companions you completed the loyalty mission for and some bonus resources for once you start researching. Other than that though, your resources, weapons, and armor acquired from an initial play-through are gone. I'm not sure if Paragon/Renegade points disappear, they were reset on my status screen, but I've been able to do every Paragon dialogue option so far even though I've skipped a ton of missions and it's real low.

However, this all might be useless because the recommended way to do ME2 Insanity is to make the run with a new character. Regardless of NG+ benefits, I think you should go for it anyway. 

• Like 1

I have been wanting to know if you can replay the game again with all of the guns and level while doing the game on insane mode, this also goes for all of the games, I want to know if this can be done if so it would be good to know.

Yeah player level carries over in all Mass Effect games, though it would be better to start Insanity with level 1 in Mass Effect 2. That's because enemies are in end game mode if you import a character to NG+, while your weapons, health, and shield upgrades are gone. It's not impossible as I've managed to complete it with an imported character, but it's significantly harder. Weapon levels also carries over in ME3. In fact it's only possible to upgrade a weapon to lvl 10 on NG+.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

Yeah player level carries over in all Mass Effect games, though it would be better to start Insanity with level 1 in Mass Effect 2. That's because enemies are in end game mode if you import a character to NG+, while your weapons, health, and shield upgrades are gone. It's not impossible as I've managed to complete it with an imported character, but it's significantly harder. Weapon levels also carries over in ME3. In fact it's only possible to upgrade a weapon to lvl 10 on NG+.

ah so I can import a me3 save to do a insane run of the game and I will have all my guns and skill points too? for all of the mass effect games do they do the same?

ah so I can import a me3 save to do a insane run of the game and I will have all my guns and skill points too? for all of the mass effect games do they do the same?

For ME1 you start right off with all the previous equipment you had. As far as I can recall that one and ME3 are the ones you start off with upgraded weapons and armor.

What carries over in ME1? Your level, all ability points, weapons (at whatever level they were the previous play through), and armor (at whatever level they were the previous play through). All squad mates will have all weapons and armor at whatever level they were the previous play through as well. You just need to equip it for them as they start with the default armor.

What carries over in ME2? Your level and all ability points as well as a bonus power from any loyal squad member from the previous play through. You have to re-purchase and/or re-find all weapons, armor and upgrades. HOWEVER, the armor you had at the end of the previous play through will be what you wear at the start of the NG+, but if you try and change it at an armor locker, you'll lose it and have to re-find/re-buy it again.

Side note: I had initially heard/read that you were supposed to keep all weapons and armor you found in a NG+, but I think BioWare accidentally messed that up with a patch and it's no longer available.

What carries over in ME3? Your level, all ability points, weapons and armor. In ME3, a NG+ play through is required to get weapons up to level 10 and it'll take MANY play throughs to max out all weapons since you won't have enough credits to purchase upgrades. I'm on a fifth play through and I still haven't maxed all weapons to level 10 yet, so it's in your best interest to max the weapons you and your squad use regularly first.

Edited by Pirelli913

• 3 months later...

New ME3 playthrough using previous ME3 Shepard, only my character level, skill points, and Shepard's loadout where carried over. I am currently stuck doing Aria's DLC (Omega Takeover) prior to Tuchanka (I think?). Paused there do to dying while working my way through the mine area of the station. Will take awhile to redo everything in pursuit of the insanity trophy. 

• 2 weeks later...

Carry-overs:

Skill points - Shepard's do not need to be reassigned. Squad mates' do.

Weapons - must be reassigned and re-modified.

Armor - must be reassigned and re-modified.

Trophy progress for cumulative actions (kills, biotic/tech power usage, etc.)

Weapon mods - as stated must be reassigned

Credits

Medi-gel

Fish and models in Shepard's cabin

Does not carry over:

Quest progress

Javik - must be reawakened

War Assets

EMS

Glyph bonuses

When starting New Game Plus, you can now upgrade your weapons past Rank V by finding them in the world again. Upon recollecting them, the weapon automatically gains an extra three ranks, which is especially useful on insanity.