Blue Sentinels question

AnettKA89

What am I doing wrong?

I joined the covenant as soon as it was possible and I never got summoned to help a host.

I played more than 70 hours and it is just not happening at all. When I place my summon sign and go to help others sometimes I see blue sentinels automatically summoned into the host's world. Me, on the other hand, never gets summoned automatically.

My question is therefore:

Do you have to be in ember form to get summoned as a blue sentinel?

Thank you for your replies.

Anette

80+ Hours, didn't happened once. I've been Bluebro/Darkmoonbro for over 2/3s of my gameplay, and nothing. 

I'm not 100% sure how this works but the level of your weapon influences invasions and summons. Obviously your Soul Level. 

This said, again, I don't know why the hell I was never bloody summoned. I'm SL135 and not expecting this to progress any further, so, to farm those stupid Silver Knights. 

Luck doesen't really matter, at all. 

Your best bet is Symbol of Avarice + Golden Covetous Serpent Ring + Crystal Sage Rapier. That's a total of 300 item discovery, your 10 points of Luck don't really do a thing  :( 

I've farmed Swordgrass, Dregs and some Vertebrae like that, but the Proof of a Concorde Kepts are extremely rare. 

What am I doing wrong?

I joined the covenant as soon as it was possible and I never got summoned to help a host.

I played more than 70 hours and it is just not happening at all. When I place my summon sign and go to help others sometimes I see blue sentinels automatically summoned into the host's world. Me, on the other hand, never gets summoned automatically.

My question is therefore:

Do you have to be in ember form to get summoned as a blue sentinel?

Thank you for your replies.

Anette

80+ Hours, didn't happened once. I've been Bluebro/Darkmoonbro for over 2/3s of my gameplay, and nothing. 

I'm not 100% sure how this works but the level of your weapon influences invasions and summons. Obviously your Soul Level. 

This said, again, I don't know why the hell I was never bloody summoned. I'm SL135 and not expecting this to progress any further, so, to farm those stupid Silver Knights. 

It might be a bug. They are certifying patch 1.04 at the moment, maybe there is a fix in the update.

1.04 Patch Notes

• Fixed a bug where you might not get items properly while accessing a covenant when a player joins your game.
  • Some NPCs questline events have been made easier to trigger.
  • Made the requirement for joining the Rosaria’s Fingers less strict.
  • Fixed a bug when teleporting to Untended Graves.
  • Amended an issue where kicks were being parried.
  • Fixed a bug where Crystal Sage would not re-appear after warping in.
  • Fixed a bug where Dragonslayer Armour would die on its own before you fight.
  • Fixed a bug where Knight Slayer Tsorig would continue to gesture.
  • Fixed a bug where Siegward would fail to save Greirat even though the conditions have been met.
  • Fixed a bug where, when wearing a ring that increases Max HP, the change would not be reflected in some menus.
  • Fixed a bug where the voice chat icon would show (or not show) according to the settings.
  • Fixed a bug where the voice chat icon would continue to display when HUD display is set to AUTO.
  • (Xbox One) Fixed a bug where you can’t access the functions Quit Game, access bonfire, or use online play items when failing to connect to an online session.
  • (Xbox One) Fixed a bug where the game would crash to the title screen when you fail to connect to an online session.
  • Fine tuned various other things, performance improvements, and corrected various bugs.

I read about the update, hopefuly it does help. 

I'm not sure if it'll matter in NG+, I mean, who's going to wear Way of the Blue?

Unless I transfer all my stuff through a friend so he gives it back to a new Character. Although I don't know if that'd work (having a Lightning Longsword+10 when you're not even SL30). 

There are people wearing way of blue at high levels as well. Now that I'm lvl 113 i get summoned into ng+ worlds most of the time and blue sentinels + dark moon cov members are still coming to the rescue in these worlds.

I think people who want to rush through an area just to finish the game quickly for a specific ending are the ones wearing the way of blue at higher levels. This is why i don't understand why we don't get auto-summoned... : (

Edited by naeneko

In my experience, NG+ didn't really change anything. I got summoned once and I was 115 or so and it took me to Road of Sacrifices (I was farming at Anor londo, so the host had to be in NG+ because no one is that high at road of sacrifices) and that was the only time I got summoned. I've kept blue sent/darkmoon for every non mould maker/Aldrich covenant farming minute in my dark souls life since I got them and that was the ONLY summon I've got. Seems people on reddit have the same issue, it's safe to say it's broken.

I've worn Way of Blue since I joined the covenant. 87 hours in, I have, I believe, 26 Proofs. I actually got summoned fairly often.

May be a stupid question, but did you have Way of Blue equipped?

I assume you mean Blue Sentinels, and not Way of the Blue, since Way of the Blue is the one that gets defended, and not does the defending. I can personally say I wore either Blue Sentinels or Blades of the Darkmoon for ~60 hours and I got summoned a total of one time. A lot of others are having the same problem, with matchmaking not working the way it should with that covenant, but apparently there are a small batch of people who it works perfectly for, I guess you are part of the latter group. Lucky you, you don't need to do the grudgingly tedious process of Anor Londo knight farming like I had to. U_U

Yes. Blue Sentinels. Sorry. Too many bloody Blues in the game.

Unfortunately, I can't use them. I didn't realize Sirris was a Rosaria hater and I joins that covenant first. Guess I'll have to wait until NG+1 to turn them in.

joined not joins*

You can't use what? I'm confused lol

EDIT: If I am reading your statement right, you are saying you can't turn in Concords because of you joining Rosaria? I do not see how this is the case. Sirris is for Mound Makers, not Blades of the Darkmoon. You can turn them in when you get to Anor Londo.

Edited by Griffon234

I've worn Way of Blue since I joined the covenant. 87 hours in, I have, I believe, 26 Proofs. I actually got summoned fairly often.

May be a stupid question, but did you have Way of Blue equipped?

You were INCREDIBLY lucky, then. I have worn the necessary insignia(s) myself, and with a small exception of the first day (where I got summoned three times), I have literally never been summoned again. I even went to what I thought would be "hot spots", with absolutely no luck.

• Like 1

Question: If the host is invaded by a NPC, would the Blue Sentinels come to the rescue? Assuming that the host is playing online, of course.

Oddly enough, of all the times I was summoned, never once did a Sentinel come to help me when I was invaded (and that includes by NPC's). So I'm honestly not sure exactly how the whole thing works.

Someone using way of blue will only auto-summon darkmoons or sentinels when invaded by other players not NPC invaders, as far as I can tell. It has never happened in my experience. Not sure about that so if anybody else knows for sure then lemme know.

On to the other matter, I just equipped the darkmoon covenant 2 days ago.

I already have 17 proofs.

I had read how tough it was to get matches, but figured I would give it a shot. All I have been doing is equipping the cov and sitting in the area just after pontiff sulyvahn. I read somewhere that the rune searches the area you are in first, then other areas, so I figured this was a good spot due to high amounts of invasions and the possibility of aldritch faithful who give you proof of a concord well kept.

I get about 2 hours to farm each night, so in about 4 hours of wearing this rune ive gotten 17 matches, give or take, since I failed to defeat the invader on a couple, but killed multiple invaders or got aldritch kills on others.

ive been waiting as long as 15 minutes or so, or as short as 10 seconds after returning from the last one. I started at SL 99 and now im at 101, with a +10 pyromancy flame and +10 chaos drang hammers . Idk if this is faster than farming or not but it certainly seems more fun to me.

I have been embered all the time, so I cant testify if you have to be or not, but I doubt it, you dont have to be embered to be summoned other ways.

Edited by danceswithsloths

This shit is really fucked up. I've been wearing that badge over 15 hours and got summoned only twice.

How the hell I'm supposed to get 30 proof of concord thing. Argh.

Grind it out, or get someone to give them to you. I'm in the same boat - I wore Blade of the Darkmoon throughout my final 2 playthroughs, and I too sat for hours in the area after the Pontiff. I've been summoned once, ever, in the covenant.

I ground out Silver Knights yesterday and got 5 proofs in an hour. I figure that's as good as the lucky auto-summoned dude early in the thread.