Harmonix CHARGING for online MP

sidawg2

Yes, really. They're releasing it as part of an expansion pack.

I've defended Harmonix for a long time but Rock Band 4 is a disaster which I wouldn't recommend to anyone at this point. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rockband/comments/4gfmb5/so_hows_this_expansion_pack_ion_adapter_going_to/

They don't seem to realise that they can't pull this shit with a game with the paltry userbase this game has. 

Not my cup of tea either way, but it sounds like this is an expansion pack, not simply a one off DLC add on.

I don't see a price listed, nor does it fully list the content that will be coming.

Really doesn't seem like a big deal to charge for a sizeable update, especially if it is reasonably priced.

I guess people would prefer they simply go the route of churning out a new game every year? Would there be the same fuss if this was called RB5 and cost $60?

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Not my cup of tea either way, but it sounds like this is an expansion pack, not simply a one off DLC add on.

I don't see a price listed, nor does it fully list the content that will be coming.

Really doesn't seem like a big deal to charge for a sizeable update, especially if it is reasonably priced.

I guess people would prefer they simply go the route of churning out a new game every year? Would there be the same fuss if this was called RB5 and cost $60?

This. 100% this. I'll pay if it's reasonable, i.e. less than $60. I'll buy songs $10 to $20 at a time, so buying a significant expansion for $30 or so sounds alright. I understand that HMX is independent now and can't just throw money at stuff without getting some back.