MISSION 4 - C2W WILL NOT GIVE ME S RANK and MISSION 7 is Faulty

Is anyone else having problems here in this mission?

No mater what I do in this Mission, I cannot get S rank. I have tried using the horse, pure stealth, and I keep getting A Rank or B Rank. 

I also tried it with the Dog DD and its always the same out come. I HAVE JUST TRIED AGAIN WITH NO BUDDY....

SAME OUTCOME.

One thing I havent done is use quiet as a buddy here....

Also to note, I downloaded the latest software 1.09 and each time my game starts up it says version 1.08?

I am currently uploading my video to my youtube channel to show you what is happening. I have 6 other S ranks, 3 A ranks, B ranks etc and am Currently on Mission 14.

i HAVE DONE THIS MISSION 100% PERFECT AND STILL GET A- RANK....

Also on Mission 7 - Red Brass, when the Targets are leaving town in the 4 wheel drives, I have alreeady planted EMM Mines down on both pathways out.

Trouble is, if I go to Pathway A and wait, the EMM mines work, but the other Target on Point B simply drives over the mines and nothing happens to the Targets.

So if I switch places and wait at point B with EMM mines down at point A and Point B, the same thing happens.

The Targets get shocked and stunned and the other targets at point A, drive off into the wilderness and my EMM mines do not affect them. WTF is wrong with MGS?

Has anyone else had this happen? Its as though you have to be "Observing" the Target while they drive over the mines. I will upload a short video to show you what I mean....

As for C2W not permitting S Rank, Im currently uploading it now.

BTW the YT link is SNACKLEPUSS YT  and should be up in 2 hours or so...

Im loving the D Walkers BTW...Class stuff.

MGSV TPP = Thee best game Ive played on PS4 to date.

Edited by snacklepuss

C2W Select the drop off point directly over the base (only available if you have previously destroyed the radar equipment) then shoot the targets from the helicopter. If you do it right the helicopter won't even land and you'll leave the extraction zone with an S rank

Is the problem with 7 you can't get an S rank or just the mines don't work as you'd expect?

EDIT - just checked your profile and can see you haven't finished the game yet. You are best leaving S ranks and optional objectives til later in the game. The equipment you can develop further into the game makes these a lot easier

Also The general rule for S ranks is speed. A no kill no alert run does not help as much as you would expect

Edited by Cleggworth

C2W Select the drop off point directly over the base (only available if you have previously destroyed the radar equipment) then shoot the targets from the helicopter. If you do it right the helicopter won't even land and you'll leave the extraction zone with an S rank

Is the problem with 7 you can't get an S rank or just the mines don't work as you'd expect?

Thanks for the reply...I think I have worked out whats wrong. I bought the Game Disc, and after running it I installed MGO 1.09 at the time.#

BUT...The in game menu says Im running 1.08. So I pressed options on the game and checked for updates. 

A message shows on screen saying "Your current version is upto date".  I took this as gospel truth so to speak....

BUT..After careful thought, knowing the game was faulty with C2W and Mines, I decided to see for myself and went to Overview, MGS add ons then went on PS store and guess what?

I am NOT running the latest Version.....Version 1 1.0 is there and is now downloading..Fingers crossed as they say... I never got that C2W fault where the place stayed blown up...

With regards to the mines, they work, but only if I am there to watch them work. Its a fault and hopefully 1.10 will fix this. The Three target in the 4 wheel drive simply drive over the mines, and I even did a supply drop so I would have double the mines. I even brought a 4x4 into the mission and blocked the road, put down a "Claymore" mine and 4 EMM mines and they drove straight through it as though it was not there.

Cant upload the screenshots here as Im limited to 8.1kb filesize upload.

EDIT - just checked your profile and can see you haven't finished the game yet. You are best leaving S ranks and optional objectives til later in the game. The equipment you can develop further into the game makes these a lot easier

Also The general rule for S ranks is speed. A no kill no alert run does not help as much as you would expect

Heres what I meant with regards to the mines  You need to watch most of it, as I place EMM mines, 3 decoys, and block the road with the horse and the 4 Wheel drive drives through like theres nothing there.

I uploaded this and finally got and S rank, but still cannot get S Rank on C2W.

EDIT: BTW heres my version of MGS V Mission C2W

Edited by snacklepuss

Heres what I meant with regards to the mines  You need to watch most of it, as I place EMM mines, 3 decoys, and block the road with the horse and the 4 Wheel drive drives through like theres nothing there.

MGS V RED BRASS-S Rank

I uploaded this and finally got and S rank, but still cannot get S Rank on C2W.

EDIT: BTW heres my version of MGS V Mission C2W

In most missions you won't be able to get an S rank and all completed objectives on the same run. Its just too slow. If you look at the results screen you get the most points from your time. Cut the time and you'll easily get past the 130k needed for an S rank.

The helicopter method I mentioned will bag you the S-rank in less than 3 minutes.

In most missions you won't be able to get an S rank and all completed objectives on the same run. Its just too slow. If you look at the results screen you get the most points from your time. Cut the time and you'll easily get past the 130k needed for an S rank.

The helicopter method I mentioned will bag you the S-rank in less than 3 minutes.

Why wont C2W pop s Rank as Ive clearly done it 100% correctly. The chopper method seems a bit of a no  challenge, but if I cant pop the S I will go down that route with the Helicopter attack.

Did you see what I meant in Red Brass with the EMM Mines working on one 4 wheel drive, but not the other?

I always do the missions over and over and in parts. Its a great game and I am hooked on it.

Edited by snacklepuss

Why wont C2W pop s Rank as Ive clearly done it 100% correctly. The chopper method seems a bit of a no  challenge, but if I cant pop the S I will go down that route with the Helicopter attack.

Did you see what I meant in Red Brass with the EMM Mines working on one 4 wheel drive, but not the other?

I always do the missions over and over and in parts. Its a great game and I am hooked on it.

The game is great no question but sometimes the best solution is often pretty cheap tbh. I mean yes you can disable a vehicle using EM mines but the best way is having d horse take a dump on the road and fulton it out before the occupants can shoo him out of the way.

Treat your all objectives runs as your serious sneak in sneak out mission. Have fun on your S rank doing the weird and wacky ways because in the end Metal Gear is about that just as much as it is the serious stuff

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally sussed the game out as far as I need to at this current time. Ive completed 30% side ops and Im on Mission-Episode 19. I have 15 s Ranks in a row-orderr starting from Ep 1 -15 and 2 B ranks and 2 A ranks. Im  current 345 hours in gameplay logged as shown at the the end of 

Where do the bees sleep Episode 6. I uploaded most of mine to my channel as theyre quick and S ranks. 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvFij2q3Ll8mugB03TVb8jQ

But those EMN mines do not work if youre not there to observe them. Exactly the same as the observer effect in Physics. Weird.....

The game is great no question but sometimes the best solution is often pretty cheap tbh. I mean yes you can disable a vehicle using EM mines but the best way is having d horse take a dump on the road and fulton it out before the occupants can shoo him out of the way.

Treat your all objectives runs as your serious sneak in sneak out mission. Have fun on your S rank doing the weird and wacky ways because in the end Metal Gear is about that just as much as it is the serious stuff

Youre not wrong there Bro..This game is full of greatness and surpises.

Ive Finally sussed the game out as far as I need to at this current time. Ive completed 30% side ops and Im on Mission-Episode 19. I have 15 s Ranks in a row-order starting from Ep 1 -15 and 2 B ranks and 2 A ranks. Im  current 345 hours in gameplay logged as shown at the the end of 

Where do the bees sleep Episode 6. I uploaded most of mine to my channel as theyre quick and S ranks.  And I got that S Rank in c2w. Dont know why I wasnt but It popped.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvFij2q3Ll8mugB03TVb8jQ

But those EMN mines do not work if youre not there to observe them. Exactly the same as the observer effect in Physics. Weird.....

Edited by snacklepuss

• 1 year later...

My approach was a little different. Used no vehicle or buddy. Came at outpost from the north, on foot, through the foothills from the starting point. Identified all 3 arrays with IDroid then shot each one time using a Brennan LRS-46 (silencer) sniper riffle and then ran out of hot zone. Make sure to do this from long distance and don't get spotted. Have done this well over 100 times and have got S every time.

Mission 7 - Try hitting both jeeps with EMN Mines before they get to town. Deploy to the north and hit the first jeep just to the south of the guard post and Fulton extract all 4 members and the jeep. Travel as fast as you can to hit the 2nd jeep just south of town but north of that guard post and extract all + jeep. Enter the town from the west side and climb on top of the HQ building, face east and snipe the guard by the ditch and the commander when he comes to investigate. Snipe the guard just below you on top of the HQ building and jump down off the building on the north side. Follow the ditch to where the commander is and Fulton extract him. Run east out of town up the hill to leave the hot zone.