Does this game still have players?

So, after recently platinuming Dark Souls 3, I was thinking of going back and playing/platinuming Dark Souls 2 SOTFS.

My question is, is there actually people that you can help to get Sunlight Medals, or is it completely dead since the release of DS3? I don't know if the drop rate is decent enough to farm them on Falconers, since I spent a lot of time helping people when I played this on PS3.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Yes there are people playing this, it is still possible to jolly cooperate!

I actually did it last week. Had to go for the sunlight medals and decided to use my soapstone on the final boss area. There were times when I was summoned every 2 minutes, and other times when I had to wait for almost half an hour to help someone. You can always use that time to multitask and do something else while you wait to be summoned.

But yeah, after a couple of days I had my 30 medals, and I really helped people who were struggling against the throne defender/watcher :D

• 3 weeks later...

I started playing about a week ago, currently sl 125ish.  I constantly see other player shadows in all areas of the game.  Have been invaded twice by red phantoms, and twice by gray (in Bell Tower).  Summoned player help for Ruin Sentinels and saw at least two gold summon signs in Harvest Valley.  I am a bit overleveled for my progress through the game - so I'm sure there'd be more if I was lower sl.  Definitely still players online! 

The game has totally vanished from stores of my country, physical copy is nowhere availaible.. its a shame coz its such a great game.. now its only availaible online at psn.. but price over there is around 60 usd and when it was availaible in disc form it was around 30 usd.. i wonder the publisher has stopped publishing the physical disc for the game..

The game has totally vanished from stores of my country, physical copy is nowhere availaible.. its a shame coz its such a great game.. now its only availaible online at psn.. but price over there is around 60 usd and when it was availaible in disc form it was around 30 usd.. i wonder the publisher has stopped publishing the physical disc for the game.... strange it went out of stocks so early and now is unavailaible

Hmm, since you're from India, have you tried Flipkart? The online electronics store based in India? I used it when I was visiting my family at India 4 years ago, and I bought some older games off that, it seemed pretty good.

Hmm, since you're from India, have you tried Flipkart? The online electronics store based in India? I used it when I was visiting my family at India 4 years ago, and I bought some older games off that, it seemed pretty good.

Frankly speaking flipkart is the best source for games in india.. you are right about it and thats where i checked where i found it out of stocks.. and then checked each and every stock but couldnt find it anywhere.. though now i have ordered it from playasia.com.. its japanese site i think with international shipping.. anywayz thanx mate

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still playing. I am working on getting all of the magic & inheriting equipment from two people. That's all I need for the platinum. I see a lot of people playing still. I want to finish this before I move on to Dark Souls 3. I have it already, but haven't touched it. It's been difficult. I won't even allow myself to watch Let's Plays of it. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

For anyone else wondering, I started playing this game and did all the online stuff, and can say there is barely anyone playing the game to earn Sunlight Medals, apart from the last boss area. Even then, it took ~20-45 mins to get a summon each time.

I had to ask on reddit to get a partner for Sunlight Medals.

For anyone else wondering, I started playing this game and did all the online stuff, and can say there is barely anyone playing the game to earn Sunlight Medals, apart from the last boss area. Even then, it took ~20-45 mins to get a summon each time.

I had to ask on reddit to get a partner for Sunlight Medals.

I had a similar experience earlier this year when I finished the plat. Although I would just wait for someone to summon me and do something else while it say there.

It might be worth it to boost anything needed online at this point, sadly.

I had a similar experience earlier this year when I finished the plat. Although I would just wait for someone to summon me and do something else while it say there.

It might be worth it to boost anything needed online at this point, sadly.

Yeah. It's definitely not worth doing it legit anymore. Easy to boost with a PS+ backup anyway.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I am on 3 750 000 souls, still in NG but collecting rest of the trophies. In DLC for any boss you have more then 3-5 active players available to help you (except dragon fight), also if you wanna farm sun medals there are people inviding you all the time. Much much more populated then PC year and half ago. Really enjoying this, especially since I'm interested only in coop. 

• 3 weeks later...

Yes it does still have players. If you want to do sunlight medals. Best areas are Iron Keep, Sinners rise and Drangleic Castle. (That's where I got most of my Sunlight medals). For PVP, you can invade or be invaded in Belfry Luna or Belfry Sol. It's takes forever to do 30 kills for the miracle in Bell Keepers Covenant.

You can also use a cracked red eye orb to invade other worlds but the best places that I've been able to invade with that item is in the undead crypt. For being the worse Souls game, there's still a ton of people who play it on PS4. I got summons in NG+ and NG++

• 1 year later...