Need For Speed gets new modes, features, Trophies and Challenges

skateak

Hello PlayStation Community! It’s always a pleasure to be here on the blog and this time around I’ve got some exciting new information surrounding the next Need for Speed update, including a feature I’m personally very excited about, SpeedLists.

New Feature: SpeedLists

Multiplayer is an area that we know many of you are deeply passionate about, and we’re really excited to be bringing you SpeedLists, a feature which builds upon that competitive gameplay you’ve been requesting.

These are a series of five pre-selected events that you compete in against other human opponents. At the end of each event you’ll gain points for the place you finish, then, once all events have been complete the points are tallied up, the final standings are displayed and the best racers will be shown off in in a short cinematic sequence.

26572089801_90eeca88c4_z.jpg

Once the winner has been crowned, the process begins anew, meaning for those that enjoy competitive multiplayer racing, SpeedLists will quickly become the go-to choice.

Getting into the action is quick and easy, simply select the new SpeedList tile from the main menu, chose from Quick Play, Speed, Style or Mixed, and away you go.

As you play SpeedLists you’ll soon find yourself awarded with a title based on your overall position within the NFS Community. Be warned though…there can only be one PlayStation World Champion. Do you have what it takes to become the best?

26572088941_5f83d942fb_b.jpg

New Feature: Prestige Mode

We’ve upped the ante on some of the best events in the game. Test your skills and beat the target scores across each of the Five Ways to Play; Speed, Style, Build, Crew and Outlaw to once and for all prove that you really are the Ultimate Icon.

Once you’ve completed the main narrative you’ll get a call from an old friend who’ll hook you up with all the details. From there, a brand new App will be installed into your in-game phone, allowing you toggle between both regular and Prestige variants of events as you wish.

New Feature: Activities

Located across Ventura Bay will be two new types of activity for you to participate in, Drift Corners and Speed Runs.

26572088821_1e828e1b75_b.jpg

Approach a Drift Corner and send your car sideways to rack up the points or go full throttle through one of the Speed Runs in order to leave your mark on the Speedwall. With bragging rights at stake you’ll want to ensure you’re coming out on top.

New Trophies

Three new trophies are waiting for you to unlock and add to your collection.

• Basic Bronze: Win all the Prestige events
  • Gold Plated: Win Gold on all Prestige events
  • Speed Master: Win all the events in a SpeedList

26572088681_abcc016b57_b.jpg

Daily Challenges

We’ve made some changes to the way Daily Challenges award the decal for completing three in one day. Moving forward, each Daily Challenge that you complete will reward you with one of 150 decals on offer, earn them all and take the personalisation of your ride to the next level.

The SpeedList update comes out this Wednesday (27th April), so don’t forget to leave your PS4 in rest mode. Did we mention that it’s completely free?

I look forward to running into you in SpeedLists, try and keep up!

Edited by skateak

These 3 new trophies seems near impossible to achieve. Gold medal on 40 prestige races? I've spent an hour on the first one to barely get Bronze.

Nice, I'm not even gonna bother then. I've already spent too much time on this game and I honestly don't care anymore.

• Like 1

These 3 new trophies seems near impossible to achieve. Gold medal on 40 prestige races? I've spent an hour on the first one to barely get Bronze.

Really? I will have to give it a try later. I felt the game was crazy easy so it might be interesting having a real challenge.

Really? I will have to give it a try later. I felt the game was crazy easy so it might be interesting having a real challenge.

Good luck haha, after trying you can check youtube, some players posted a few Gold Medal run. You really have to play perfect, doing near-perfect corners and taking proper lane to maintain your top speed. It's pretty crazy.

actually, here's a link to the first race from Spike's branch:

LOL same here ! 

Good luck haha, after trying you can check youtube, some players posted a few Gold Medal run. You really have to play perfect, doing near-perfect corners and taking proper lane to maintain your top speed. It's pretty crazy.

actually, here's a link to the first race from Spike's branch:

Off the top of your head do you happen to know the patch size? I only have 35gb of data left until it resets on May 5th.

Off the top of your head do you happen to know the patch size? I only have 35gb of data left until it resets on May 5th.

Sorry I don't, I actually had the game deleted from my Harddrive and updated straight from 1.0 to 1.08, the file was about 6.2gb?

I don't know if it's the same size if you update from 1.07 to 1.08

Sorry I don't, I actually had the game deleted from my Harddrive and updated straight from 1.0 to 1.08, the file was about 6.2gb?

I don't know if it's the same size if you update from 1.07 to 1.08

Pretty sure that is will all the patches. Thanks though, that is still helpful because I at least know it is less than 6gb.

EDIT: For anyone wondering, the patch size is 2.5gb

Edited by skateak

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

... and seriously this will be my last NFS game.  Blackbox and Criterion were sensible in their trophies.  Although Ghost Games were a little passive in Rivals, NFS2015 trophies had shifted away from tradition and that is more on enjoying the game and less focus on elitist trophies.  They ruined it, so therefore I see no reason why I should support this game anymore.  If I wanted a real challenge I would have went for Gran Turismo... if I wanted to annoy myself with hard trophies I would have continued playing Drive Club... but this is Need For Speed... it shouldn't be any of that...

The moment they announced this game to be online oriented, I should have avoided it completely...