So... don't do what I just did by mistake. Starting a "new game" will erase your current playthrough without warning.

dargon_lover

I didn't even mean to start a new game, I was on the start menu and my dog jumped up on me and distracted me while I was hitting buttons (lame, I know). I selected new game and a difficulty and as soon as I loaded in I quit out and selected "current game." Nope, it loaded the new game, not my actual current playthrough. There is no "load game" option where you can save/load different playthroughs.

Pretty frustrating considering I was at the end of the game. Thankfully PSN auto-uploaded my save file from last night, so I was only set back 1-2 hours... but still pretty annoying. Beware, the game doesn't inform you starting a new game will overwrite your current playthrough.

don't have a ps4 yet but, if this remake follow exactly the situation of the original ps2 version and the ps3's HD remaster. then no, there's no load save game feature. once you beat the game it will changed to challenge mode if you chose the Yes! options the only way to play the game from the start in normal mode is by finishing the playthrough you're working on and chose to travel back in time before you beat the last boss, or delete your save file.

this is kinda funny to hear, this is a Remake of the original game, isn't remakes mean update the graphics and controls to suit the new current standard, and especially fix the issues that seen on the original release? I thought they'll fix the load game thingies to allow you to use multiple save and stuff.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

don't have a ps4 yet but, if this remake follow exactly the situation of the original ps2 version and the ps3's HD remaster. then no, there's no load save game feature. once you beat the game it will changed to challenge mode if you chose the Yes! options the only way to play the game from the start in normal mode is by finishing the playthrough you're working on and chose to travel back in time before you beat the last boss, or delete your save file.

this is kinda funny to hear, this is a Remake of the original game, isn't remakes mean update the graphics and controls to suit the new current standard, and especially fix the issues that seen on the original release? I thought they'll fix the load game thingies to allow you to use multiple save and stuff.

Actually, Insomniac said that it's a reimagining, not a remake, nor a reboot.

• 2 months later...

Near the beginning of the game, after getting the Plumber on Novalis to repair your ship, he says "See you in the next reboot!" While yes, Insomniac called this a reimagining of the original, it's still technically a reboot based on that line, and also technically a remake since it follows the original story with some changes here and there (which is pretty much what a remake is). I guess it's all 3 :hmm: