New upgraded Xbox One model incoming?

madbuk

http://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2016/04/27/leak-names-xbox-one-second-generation

Users on NeoGAF and our own translator have said that "Xbox One 二代" translates as "Xbox One Second Generation":

oCfQj79.jpg

I truly hope this isn't real. Or the Neo rumours. It has such a huge potential to divide the gamers - Sony say they won't have exclusives on the Neo, but... they could change that at the drop of a hat. As for Microsoft, well... remember all their policies back when the Xbox One was announced? Yeah... I don't trust them anymore.

Add to this the fact that Yoshida said the PS5 might not even happen.... I'm really quite worried about the future.

It just seems so unnecessary - if you cared about upgrading every other year (or 3 years), get a PC. 

Thoughts?

(I did a search and couldn't find a topic on this, sorry if it's a duplicate)

They should realize that better technology doesn't always mean great games.

Talk about companies stabbing people on their back. Of course, that is if all this turns out to be true.

Edited by Lord_of_Ra
  • Like 3

I really don't see the big deal.  If there were any indication that this or the Neo were going to be a "new generation" of console, with new accessories and games and the works... I can understand the grief.  That's not the case though.  If you think they'll go back on it eventually and make you feel compelled to upgrade and really can't afford to/don't want to, well, maybe this is your out.  Further evidence that gaming is becoming less of a toy for parents to buy their kids for Christmas once every 8 years, and more for enthusiasts with incomes and the ability to work their hobbies (expensive they may be) into their budget.

Personally, I'm kind of excited for the Neo.  Maybe I'll finally be able to play games that look on par (or better than) my PC has for the first time in years.

Edited by Dreakon13

I'll speculate what I said about why Sony is really doing not just a slightly faster processor: AMD has told both MS and Sony "We've been making that processor for three years and if you want to keep using it, we're gonna charge you more since the rest of our fabs are now running new architecture. If you want us to keep supplying CPU/GPUs, you MUST accept *this* substitute. Oh, and it's cheaper, more powerful AND more power efficient."

• Like 1

:o when I look at the photo, I wad surprised cuz it's in Chinese - that mean the source was came from near my region​! And if that's truth, I'm gonna save my money for that especially ; but just how long do I have to Wait Microsoft ?

Edited by cK-NEw_0NStaT

If this ends up real, which is now highly probable, I will buy the new Xbox. I was going to buy the current model, but yeah, I better wait.

I'm still with you guys, there wont be big differences between console and PC gaming in a few years. I don't want that.

What's wrong with PC? B)

Oh boy where to even begin

• Expensive to upgrade constantly
  • Lack of exclusives that aren't cheap indies
  • Poorly optimized games compared to console releases
  • Shitty achievement system(s)
  • You need to use multiple clients or w/e to get every game (Steam, Origin, UPlay, etc.)
  • Mods - I despise the idea of mods. It's like rewriting a page of a book. It's wrong. Not to mention it makes achievements utterly irrelevant. Just download a mod that makes you invincible.
  • Did I mention it's expensive to upgrade constantly?
  • DRM
  • Lack of physical discs
  • Like 2

Oh boy where to even begin

• Lack of exclusives that aren't cheap indies
  • Poorly optimized games compared to console releases
  • Shitty achievement system(s)
  • You need to use multiple clients or w/e to get every game (Steam, Origin, UPlay, etc.)
  • Mods - I despise the idea of mods. It's like rewriting a page of a book. It's wrong. Not to mention it makes achievements utterly irrelevant. Just download a mod that makes you invincible.
  • Did I mention it's expensive to upgrade constantly?
  • DRM
  • Lack of physical discs

You're lucky I'm at the tail end of my recent bout with PC gaming, or I'd probably come up with some sort of personal insult to throw at you over this.  Maybe I'd call you cheap, or stupid, or PC gaming is better off without you.  But since I am at the tail end, and gearing back onto the Playstation now, I'll just say... you aren't wrong. xD

Edited by Dreakon13

As long as there are no exclusive games like Nintendo pulled with the New 3DS, I am perfectly fine with this. I don't see how this is a stab in the back at all, the PS4 that we currently have has done exactly what Sony announced it would do and if all PS4 games work on all PS4 systems, with only slightly different performance, I just don't see the issue. 

Parker

>Xbone

>Asian article

Nay, no way.

Also, they are translating the Ni-dai part, but no one cares about March 2014 development date in the first row?

Do you really think MS would be able to completely conceal development of a new console for 2 years?

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

As long as there is PS4 in the name, Sony can't allow exclusives, their support and legal team would not be able to handle this. And I would take 3 year upgrade cycle over PS3's 7 years any day. I'm actually quite happy about this and will upgrade asap.

I don't think MS is in the mood for a "second generation" console if they are trying to unify their whole eco-system. I would like to think that the "Xbox One Second Generation" is just an Xbox One Slim. 

>Xbone

>Asian article

Face it, reality is here. Xbox's Asian domination is coming to a Japan, China or Korea near you.

Can't stop that XB powah! 

j/k

You're lucky I'm at the tail end of my recent bout with PC gaming, or I'd probably come up with some sort of personal insult to throw at you over this. 

PC stole my GF that why I hate it.  :angry:

There is nothing wrong with it, but I play in consoles because it's easier and simple. As I have said, if this ends up real and next generation of consoles aren't upgradable, I will start gaming in PC.

I've always found that interesting, it's not the first time I've heard it.  So basically you're saying "if the Playstation turned into something akin to a PC, I'll just game on PC".  So consoles being "easier and simple" is literally the ONLY reason you're here?  Not trophies, not exclusives, not the gamepad quality, not the PSN service or any friends you might've made?  Just the vague notion of "easier and simple" that can apparently completely fall apart when even a minor inconvenience is added to the fold.

For what it's worth, consoles will always be "easier and simple" compared to PC.

Optional mid-generation console swaps adds one minor potential layer of complication to the formula, yes... but it's not like you'll suddenly have to deal with DOA (or shortly after) parts that you need to RMA, botched driver updates that you have to meticulously install (the 364.51 drivers rumored to burn out NVIDIA cards) causing a wide swath of random undocumented performance issues with each release, your controller randomly not working in new releases (FFIX, which recently ported to Steam, wouldn't pick up my widely supported Xbox 360 gamepad despite claiming gamepad support) or not supported at all (Mass Effect), finding out a new game you're excited about is DirectX11 exclusive and your graphics card only supports up to DirectX10 AFTER buying it (had to talk a buddy of mine off the ledge with this one), finding out the developers worked closely with NVIDIA to optimize the game leaving AMD graphic card owners with poor performance or visa versa, finding out a game is flat out poorly built and the minimum/recommended specs to play were way off or vague to the point of lying, etc, etc, etc.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1

For what it's worth, consoles will always be "easier and simple" compared to PC.

Optional mid-generation console swaps adds one minor potential layer of complication to the formula, yes... but it's not like you'll suddenly have to deal with DOA (or shortly after) parts that you need to RMA, botched driver updates that you have to meticulously install (the 364.51 drivers rumored to burn out NVIDIA cards) causing a wide swath of random undocumented performance issues with each release, your controller randomly not working in new releases (FFIX, which recently ported to Steam, wouldn't pick up my widely supported Xbox 360 gamepad despite claiming gamepad support) or not supported at all (Mass Effect), finding out a new game you're excited about is DirectX11 exclusive and your graphics card only supports up to DirectX10 AFTER buying it (had to talk a buddy of mine off the ledge with this one), finding out the developers worked closely with NVIDIA to optimize the game leaving AMD graphic card owners with poor performance or visa versa, finding out a game is flat out poorly built and the minimum/recommended specs to play were way off or vague to the point of lying, etc, etc, etc.

I'm aware of what PC gaming means and the problems it comes with it, and you are right, consoles will be always easier, but I prefer upgrading a PC way over upgrading a console. Obviously that's not the only reason I love the PlayStation family and that's what has kept me going with consoles this generation. I'm ready now to make the jump in a few years if this is the new model, I'm capable of facing those problems now because of this.

Still, no one really knows how the neo will work, and why sony wants his existence. I don't know, maybe they will convince me and I will be the first in line to acquire it. Maybe I'm not ready as I think I am and this whole thing is fully beneficial for me. We will see.

H

They should realize that better technology doesn't always mean great games.

Talk about companies stabbing people on their back. Of course, that is if all this turns out to be true.

ow are you being stabbed in the back? Everything so far says nothing changes for PS4 owners.