Atacama desert bronze trophy glitch

I have played this map (Atacama desert) on hardcore difficulty and when we finished it, I got Atacama desert Veteran trophy (for beating it on hardcore) but I did not get bronze trophy (for beating it on any difficulty setting). And they are stackable.

I have read some old posts about this glitch on the internet but without any solution.

So if anyone has any suggestions how to overcome this (I obviously will play it again on easy and/or normal difficulty to try to get it but...) It will be greatly appreciated!

I have played this map (Atacama desert) on hardcore difficulty and when we finished it, I got Atacama desert Veteran trophy (for beating it on hardcore) but I did not get bronze trophy (for beating it on any difficulty setting). And they are stackable.

I have read some old posts about this glitch on the internet but without any solution.

So if anyone has any suggestions how to overcome this (I obviously will play it again on easy and/or normal difficulty to try to get it but...) It will be greatly appreciated!

Ah man what a bummer. Those levels can be tough. I can't be of much help besides saying that the trophy unlocked for me with no issue back in 2014.

Ah man what a bummer. Those levels can be tough. I can't be of much help besides saying that the trophy unlocked for me with no issue back in 2014.

Yeah it was a bummer, I only noticed this morning when I synced my trophies here. I read about one guy complaining about this same issue while ago, in 2010...or 2011...I forgot, but nevertheless he had the same issue. Sadly for me, when I looked him up here, he was still missing that trophy so probably glitch was permanent for him....therefore it`s same for me.

Wonder if erasing game data and save profile data (after obtaining platinum and all other trophies of course) will fix that up, to install again game and Onslaught dlc, and play from scratch?

Yeah it was a bummer, I only noticed this morning when I synced my trophies here. I read about one guy complaining about this same issue while ago, in 2010...or 2011...I forgot, but nevertheless he had the same issue. Sadly for me, when I looked him up here, he was still missing that trophy so probably glitch was permanent for him....therefore it`s same for me.

Wonder if erasing game data and save profile data (after obtaining platinum and all other trophies of course) will fix that up, to install again game and Onslaught dlc, and play from scratch?

At this point it is worth a try. I would back up your save before deleting it though just in case you have to revert to your old save.

• 2 months later...

In regard of this glitch I`v e experienced I can update with recent events...Namely, I tried to play again Atacama desert on easy level and it DID NOT worked for me, no trophy popped out after we finished it.

Then yesterday I deleted game with the latest update 1.05 and also deleted my SAVE FILE, although not before I uploaded it on cloud so I can still access it if I ever need to finish up Vietnam trophies.

I than started game from disc, updated it to 1.05 version and installed Onslaught DLC, only to find that I am still 22 level in the game! How is this possible? I have deleted my save file, so I cannot understand why game did not start from scratch for me (say level 1 for example)??? 

Is it even possible that game 'remembers' console on with you have been playing and no matter what you do, like delete your own save file, it still brings you back to your last level even if you delete your game and install it again?

So, if this is viable, can I just try this - play Onslaught DLC with my profile on some different ps3 console, and that way overcome this stupid glitch?

If anyone has something on this subject, I would greatly appreciate any sensible suggestion!

In regard of this glitch I`v e experienced I can update with recent events...Namely, I tried to play again Atacama desert on easy level and it DID NOT worked for me, no trophy popped out after we finished it.

Then yesterday I deleted game with the latest update 1.05 and also deleted my SAVE FILE, although not before I uploaded it on cloud so I can still access it if I ever need to finish up Vietnam trophies.

I than started game from disc, updated it to 1.05 version and installed Onslaught DLC, only to find that I am still 22 level in the game! How is this possible? I have deleted my save file, so I cannot understand why game did not start from scratch for me (say level 1 for example)??? 

Is it even possible that game 'remembers' console on with you have been playing and no matter what you do, like delete your own save file, it still brings you back to your last level even if you delete your game and install it again?

So, if this is viable, can I just try this - play Onslaught DLC with my profile on some different ps3 console, and that way overcome this stupid glitch?

If anyone has something on this subject, I would greatly appreciate any sensible suggestion!

Looks like the multiplayer data is tied to your EA ID and is server based so you can't delete it. Even on another PS3, you would be the same level. Really the only thing I can recommend is to try it again on Easy or try it co-op with someone that doesn't have the trophy yet and see if that would work for some reason.

Looks like the multiplayer data is tied to your EA ID and is server based so you can't delete it. Even on another PS3, you would be the same level. Really the only thing I can recommend is to try it again on Easy or try it co-op with someone that doesn't have the trophy yet and see if that would work for some reason.

Now, that is more logical solution, my data being tied to server`s data and my ID. That`s not reassuring but what can you do....I wrote on EA site and explained them this issue so will see what they respond, if anything....but so far my hopes are almost not existing.

Either way, thank you for your reply dude, take care!

• Like 1

• 6 years later...

Now that the servers are closing soon and this is an important issue for "newcomers" to know about, I'll necro this thread. I read about this issue in the shutdown thread in a very helpful post from @Weskerfan75 and it really sucks that you @Radebe78 can't get the trophy!

On 1.7.2016 at 1:39 AM, skateak said:

[...] or try it co-op with someone that doesn't have the trophy yet and see if that would work for some reason.

@Radebe78 Pretty sure you did everything imaginable but did you try this idea from above? If you don't have a second copy or opportunity to try, I'd be willing to help with an Alt that doesn't have the trophy yet.

Edited by woggly4
  • Like 2

I don’t think playing with someone who doesn’t have the trophy will make a difference. You can try the unlinking account/email from EA/Origin method as that resets all EA games progress - so I heard from others that did this Medal of Honor Warfighter when an online trophy glitched

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Good news, I managed to overcome this glitch and the trophy popped for me with the help of @woggly4 who played with me Atacama Desert with his alt account, which also didn`t had this trophy. However, before we actually attempted this, I have unlinked my PSN account from the EA/Origin account which made me lose all the progress from the game. I had some reserves if this would actually help but what do you know....it did, and the game is now at 100%.

• Like 2

Glad I could help and it actually popped for you! It was quite fun to come back to BC2 for an hour. :D

For anyone interested, I was the host and had to open these ports: https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Battlefield:_Bad_Company_2#Ports

Otherwise we weren't able to match up.

Edited by woggly4
  • Like 1