Will the disk version have a platinum?

WatertownsFinest

So, this game is actually a digital version?

For now, yes. It is being released in episodes and I believe when the final episode releases digitally, the retail physical copy will release with all the episodes on the disc. That is my understanding at least, I could be wrong. 

Parker

Back to the Future had no plat digitally, then physically did.

Assassin's Creed Chronicles had no plat digitally, then physically did.

There might be more, but these are the only examples I can think of where this happened. Possible, sure, but wouldn't bank on it, and the numbers aren't in your favor.

• Like 1

I think the final disc edition is very likely to have a platinum.

For now, the base game trophy set has 315 points, each episode have 195 points, there'll be 7 episodes in total, so we've got 1680 points combined, which exceeds the maximum points that a retail disc game could have (1230 points), thus the disc version must use a different trophy set, the trophies would be different to what have now.

Well, maybe not, since some disc games include some part of them as DLCs, just a thought.

Edited by Nathaniel_Wu

• 5 weeks later...

Back to the Future had no plat digitally, then physically did.

Assassin's Creed Chronicles had no plat digitally, then physically did.

There might be more, but these are the only examples I can think of where this happened. Possible, sure, but wouldn't bank on it, and the numbers aren't in your favor.

NBA Jam had no plat when released with NBA Elite 11, but became a plat as its own disc.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
12 hours ago, Muzist92_sXe said:

Square Enix also published Life is Strange which had no platinum during the episodic releases but got the platinum after all episodes were released completely.. Keeping my fingers crossed that the same would happen to Hitman..

Life Is Strange always had a platinum from the time the list was announced. No game in the history of trophies has ever had a platinum added to the list. If there isn't one from the start then there won't be one at the end, or ever. Maybe the physical release will have an all new separate list with a plat, but if it shares the same list as the digital release then it won't.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I had already bought the entire game on psn, pre-ordered it and got it 28/01/17 it's the same list even the same progress as your psn list, come on Square Enix i thought it would atleast have a platinum or a stacking trophy list. But there is still some hope maybe when they release Landslide (final mission) then maybe they will put all trophies in a single list and add a platinum trophy. I really fucking want it, fingers crossed.....

5 hours ago, LLegend_Fox said:

I had already bought the entire game on psn, pre-ordered it and got it 28/01/17 it's the same list even the same progress as your psn list, come on Square Enix i thought it would atleast have a platinum or a stacking trophy list. But there is still some hope maybe when they release Landslide (final mission) then maybe they will put all trophies in a single list and add a platinum trophy. I really fucking want it, fingers crossed.....

I really doubt this.

As stated in the Reveal Notes, this mission will be part of the (Summer) Bonus Episode. This one already has trophies. And they would have to fill a new trophy set with kind of a lot stuff, because there would be no need for a Mastery Level 20 trophy, as it is also set in Sapienza. And I can hardly imagine them adding a three bronze-trophies-set.

The chance for a Platnium should be zero now. Existing lists cannot change. The chance would have been the disc release and that didn't happen. There has to be a new third release, but what would that be?