Blast Shards...arrgh

Lady Lilith

So I'm going for completion in Infamous 1 (and 2), and I've been holding off doing my Evil karma playthrough until I get all the Blast Shards. Now there's obviously no Blast Shard Sense in Infamous 1, and I didn't know finding all of them would be such a pain when I started the game, so I've been trying to find them all without a map, which is actually not really as bad as people say, since I'm only short 15.

Before I make another round on all 3 islands, are there any annoying/hard to get shards that I should know about? I got the one in the parking garage, the one on top of the building near Ground Zero, and I know about the one on the pier out in the Ocean in Neon, but I haven't been able to get that one yet, cause I'm horrible at landing on tiny points.

While not necessarily a particularly hard one, I had a load of trouble finding one in the northeast of the Neon district despite using a shard map. It might have just been me, but I couldn't see the shard when using shard sense from the sheer number of electricity symbols. And it's a pretty cleverly hidden spot. So if you have a particular amount of trouble, I suggest coming check out this one in case you missed the same one I did.

It's in the top right most block in a sort of rectangular hole in the building. However, the hole stops before the roof so you can only notice it from ground level. Even then, I didn't notice the hole until I looked more closely at that spot. I'm pretty sure it was above a locker where you get a sidequest from.

You already mentioned the only couple tricky ones that I remember, just try not to overlook any general areas. When I got stuck at three shards left, I circled the edges of all the islands and was able to find them, a couple were at some docks I could've sworn I already swept through way earlier.

Edited by SMamimi
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So I'm going for completion in Infamous 1 (and 2), and I've been holding off doing my Evil karma playthrough until I get all the Blast Shards. Now there's obviously no Blast Shard Sense in Infamous 1, and I didn't know finding all of them would be such a pain when I started the game, so I've been trying to find them all without a map, which is actually not really as bad as people say, since I'm only short 15.

Before I make another round on all 3 islands, are there any annoying/hard to get shards that I should know about? I got the one in the parking garage, the one on top of the building near Ground Zero, and I know about the one on the pier out in the Ocean in Neon, but I haven't been able to get that one yet, cause I'm horrible at landing on tiny points.

go on EVERY island and just go all around in a circle like a clock but just do the corners always from corner to corner.. i guarantee you'll get it :) i found all that i was missing here /this method
  • Like 1

Mostly everytime, the ones left are up high somewhere or far off in the edge of each island. For example the docks, parts of the island popping out the water. I started to play this one again after I platinumed inFamous 2. I am gonna use the map after I finish the game on hard and get all my other trophies.

Good luck.

Oh blast shards....what a pain xD I got them on my first playtrhough only because I used the map, and kept record of every one I came across. Is not that hard but when you only miss -15 and don't know what island they should be, you better not have anger problems.

• 4 months later...

On my first play through I ended up with 10 left without a map then it got too difficult. I started to spam L3 but that didnt help to much, so I found this map on http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/infamous/13789-blast-shards-dead-drops-maps.html all the shards are right on point. I would suggest going to the islands and search sections by sections and mark off as you go!

• 1 month later...

1st playthrough:  missing 3 shards

2nd playthrough:  missing 1 shard  :shakefist:

3rd playthrough (yes a third playthrough):  got them all only because I used a map.

The only advice I can give is to search block by block and to check the edge of the islands.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I finally got my last shard just now. It was up at the top of a building in the north-east section of the Neon District, high enough that if you press L3 from ground level, it will not show up.

If you want to go there, first go to near the pier that has the blast shard that is out of range of showing up on the map when you press L3.

From there climb to the top of the tallest building you can see. If you can see a taller building close by, got to to the top of that building. From there you should be able to press L3, and it will show up on the mini-map.

• 2 weeks later...

Playthrough 1: 349 shards 14 stunts left to do

Playthrough 2: 349 shards 15 stunts left to do

(wait a couple years...)

Playthrough 3: 350 shards (my last one was on a random building) and spent about 5 hours grinding to finish all the stunts.

Felt pretty rewarding to finish, but annoying as hell during my first and second plays.

I don't even have any suggestions for helping with shards to look out for. I got all the commonly suggested docks/tall building shards on my own.

Good luck and I pray for your L3 button.

• 1 month later...

Through many hours of patient, diligent searching, I have finally been able to find all 350 shards :D

Only took me about a month....haha.

This is one of those trophies you just have to sit back and take a long deep breath after earning :P

I can finally say I am done with this game because I won't waste my time platinuming this.

It is too god awful and poorly made to platinum.

Edited by rsoto1125

@NocturneVoyager

That was my last shard that separated me from the platinum....I have spent hours gawking in the map which I used to cross over the ones I have found....and finally I spotted lonesome shard waiting to be picked!

Even to this day I could get my head around how did I missed it in first place, just siting in front of me. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

@NocturneVoyager

That was my last shard that separated me from the platinum....I have spent hours gawking in the map which I used to cross over the ones I have found....and finally I spotted lonesome shard waiting to be picked!

Even to this day I could get my head around how did I missed it in first place, just siting in front of me. :rolleyes:

It was one I almost forgot because when I first noticed it I did not have static thrusters and died a few times trying to jump to the pier.

theres also one that wasnt on the maps i used... i think it was way up on the tallest point of the tallest buildin but cant fully remember, if it wasnt for the ability of clickin the analogue stick to reveal the locations i'd probably still be searchin now lol that one in the pic that is really far out was crafty too lol...

Edited by DARKSCORPONOXR