nothing new for £40

So there is hardly nothing new from what I can see for any of the 'Definitive' ones of dead island or dead island riptide, your just paying for the streets of rage dead island skin over it, hell not even letting us use our old saves from ps3 to use on any of them like how the borderlands one was like.

Personally I'm glad there isn't a cross save option. All that did for Borderlands and Diablo was make it easier for people to transfer all of their modded crap. I played Dead Island on PS3 not too long ago and most of the online community used guns with infinite ammo. Where's the fun in that?

• Like 3

yes but what about people like me? the people who grinded hours for legendary weapons? we won't get to have it in this game again making most of the grind for nothing.

How was it for nothing? You can still use your legendary weapons in the original version.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For those who didn't play these games on the PS3, it's nice to actually play them on the PS4. Plus a lot of people enjoy playing these games over multiple times, so this is literally no different. It's a good nostalgic feeling. Plus, more trophies if you care for trophies lol.

What people don't take into consideration though which only slightly disappoints me is I haven't seen that many people take in to consideration that you can actually transfer your character over from the PS4 version of Dead Island to Riptide. From what I've been told you weren't able to do this on the PS3 version so this makes Riptide a bit more bearable considering that there's a trophy that you get for getting to level 70.

• 2 months later...

For those who didn't play these games on the PS3, it's nice to actually play them on the PS4. Plus a lot of people enjoy playing these games over multiple times, so this is literally no different. It's a good nostalgic feeling. Plus, more trophies if you care for trophies lol.

What people don't take into consideration though which only slightly disappoints me is I haven't seen that many people take in to consideration that you can actually transfer your character over from the PS4 version of Dead Island to Riptide. From what I've been told you weren't able to do this on the PS3 version so this makes Riptide a bit more bearable considering that there's a trophy that you get for getting to level 70.

You heard wrong about the PS3 version. Both versions allow you to do this.

• 2 months later...

Basically, like all def editions, they just slap on a mildy brighter hue, release it, and collect our money.

It's absolutely identical. I don't know why they allow companies to do this.

And I don't get it why people like you complain about a remastered game you probably already played on last gen and complain about little to no changes.

Remasters are meant for people who hasn't played the game yet that didn't have a last-gen system, not really for people who already played a last gen version of it.

Edited by ipot_04

• 1 month later...
On 6/4/2016 at 0:18 AM, DuckSwimmer said:

Yes you could, you could transfer from original game to Riptide on the PS3.