How is NIOH( DEMO)? TOUGHER THAN DARK SOULS?

aditya319

It's more tactical than the Souls franchise. Stamina is more of a concern and you die a whole lot quicker. Easier to go through healing items especially when you're lower level.  They might seem similar but they're played quite differently.

• Like 1

To point out, from the videos I have seen of it, it looks more like a hack n' slash, very close to the original Ninja Gaiden games on Xbox consoles.  Those games were some of the most punishing hack n' slashers there was (the Sigma games were made easier from what I recall).  It's going to play a lot different from Souls series and I don't think people should be comparing it with Souls but with Ninja Gaiden series.  Souls is, take everything at a slow pace and you'll beat it easy.  This seems to want you to have the quick reaction you needed to get through a Ninja Gaiden game though.

To me, any From Software game that you should compare Nioh with, it is Ninja Blade, it matches the gameplay seen from people playing demos of this game a lot more than Souls.  That game was actually pretty hard itself as you could run out of health items if you weren't careful and fuck yourself over in the higher difficulties because of it.

• Like 1

Well not really played any of ninja gaiden gamess. But yeah their difficulties stories are no mystery.. basically for me i want it to be a kind of games which just does not involve button mashing for a win.. developers take a lot of time to develop a boss.. dont want 5 mins of button mashing to go through it.. lol.. well this is the way i take gaming actualy..its nice reply from u mate.. and perhaps giving a insight about the game in right direction.. perhaps its going to be different from souls series.. may be this is a good thing ☺

• 9 months later...

Based on the first few missions of the full game, I'd say it's similar or maybe a little easier than Dark Souls. You get a few more tools that help make it easier, like the living weapon feature. That said, you still have to take it slow and play smart. Nioh likes trying to force you to fight multiple enemies at once which is a recipe for disaster. If you're good and can pull enemies away, the game isn't too hard to get through. 

It is very tactical and why not as hard as it looks it can punish you in an instant for a tiny mistake. Use your surroundings in this game to your advantage cause it can allow you to get upper hand. Sometimes early on it can be tough to get healing items to drop so I would recommend caution early on just charging in. This is the first game in awhile that has really caught my attention and is very addicting.

I've got this game on my radar right now, but the thing is, people are saying/comparing it to Dark Souls, but what I want to know is, how is it compared to Bloodborne? I mean Bloodborne isn't a bad game so to speak for me, though still frustrating in parts (even if I'm not far into it).  So how does this game compare to Bloodborne's own difficulty?