Signature Battle II [RESULTS!]

DEMON

Signature Battle II  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your favorite Pro Entry:

2. 2. Vote for your favorite Novice Entry:

There's actually a much easier way to prevent messing up your render and that's by applying a Layer Mask to it and erasing bits of it with a black brush.  If you mess up, just go over with a white brush or delete the layer mask and try again.  No need to undo a whole pile of other steps you worked hard on.

I just started doing that myself recently. :P But I think I have my history set to 100, cache to 1, & tile size to 128K. One thing I have a problem with history though, is it records every blending change, I've lost count of how many times I've forgot to click somewhere else after changing that, then when I scroll, it just goes through all the blending modes & fills my history screen with "Blending Change". :facepalm:

• Like 2

I don't recommend this at all. By expanding the history in PS, you are causing it to have more memory useage which means it could crash easier (which result in losing work if not saving regularly), some people's PCs already have a hard time with PS so ideally, don't mess with these settings if you can help it.

There's actually a much easier way to prevent messing up your render and that's by applying a Layer Mask to it and erasing bits of it with a black brush. If you mess up, just go over with a white brush or delete the layer mask and try again. No need to undo a whole pile of other steps you worked hard on.

Ah right true true, if you don't have enough ram or page space PS will crash the OS. However that hasn't happened to me even when I have PS, Audition and Premiere running. So I still recommend setting it as high as possible, but with Demons advice of only if your computer can handle it.

Ya masks are great too!

• Like 1

Congrats to DEMON, obliterated us once again :P

Also congrats, to Chemergy, be seeing you in pro soon ;)

And while I'm at it, congrats to the others too, you all did an awesome job ! :)

• Like 1

Okies, I'll give some FB.

Like with last time, I'll appreciate any feedback that can help me improve.

Imo, there was not enough blending went into this signature to tie it all together. Lara doesn't look connected to the scene very well. Although, what you have done in the BG is very good work, but it's unfortunate you didn't work on blending Lara in, this could have been done with lighting. Using things like Screen layers where you used like a Yellow/Orange screen. It would have helped connect her to the scene.

Text is better than last time but looked a bit mismatched in color to me.

I'd also appreciate some feedback for my signature; I want to improve as much as possible.

First off, your entry was really good for a Novice signature (did tell you people be thinking I placed a Pro in Novice by mistake :P), so I'm gonna critique it like I would a Pro signature.

Your lighting is done really well, but I think you went a bit intense around the face of Lara, did you use a screen layer? Make sure to turn down the fill. The shards going up her arms look a bit sharp, I would have blurred them a bit to suit the rest of the C4D (since you blurred them all). I would have ditched the Lara text in this and just used PSNP and maybe have placed it just off her shoulder. Overall, KIU. You are improving really fast and have real potential in signatures (considering you only started.. like 2 weeks ago now is it?).

Edited by DEMON
  • Like 4