Anyone still playing this on ps3?

I'm looking at getting back into this on ps3, but if nobody plays anymore then I'll wait til I get a ps4. Cheers :)

People play it although I don't know how populated the servers will be. You can transfer your save data from PS3 to PS4 so you could always get a head start.

• 3 months later...

download the free trial ps3 version last month to try it out.......

HO-LE-SHIT DAT HUGE UPDATE SIZE !! I quit after seen the progress bar not advancing an inch after what's appear to be two hours later.

after all these online agreement and (must make a square enix account) and other BS to prevent you from start playing right away, it's not a great idea to shock new comers with a size that big, I already deleted like 4 full games to save some space.

download the free trial ps3 version last month to try it out.......

HO-LE-SHIT DAT HUGE UPDATE SIZE !! I quit after seen the progress bar not advancing an inch after what's appear to be two hours later.

after all these online agreement and (must make a square enix account) and other BS to prevent you from start playing right away, it's not a great idea to shock new comers with a size that big, I already deleted like 4 full games to save some space.

Thats usual for every MMO, base game is nothing compared to the update

base game trial is around 6 GB, update patch it seem around a woopin 40 GB+

and I thought Gran Tourismo 6 physical version update size which was 21 GB was big.

Elder Scrolls Online is just as bad. I borrowed it from a friend to try it out but there was a 36GB patch at the time so I said screw that. Didn't want to waste the bandwidth on a game I was just trying out. Same thing with DC Universe Online too. Went to go update Warframe the other day and that was a 20GB patch too. 

Edited by skateak

Elder Scrolls Online is just as bad. I borrowed it from a friend to try it out but there was a 36GB patch at the time so I said screw that. Didn't want to waste the bandwidth on a game I was just trying out. Same thing with DC Universe Online too. Went to go update Warframe the other day and that was a 20GB patch too.

if memory serves me, before shutting down I believe freerealm was also got this hugely insane patch before completely shutting down, I think it was 26 GB or something, now days I don't really find 20 GB is too much, anything below 30 GB is OK to me but 40 GB??? come on now :(

I better off just watching some streaming on twitch or some youtube vids about someone skilled with a high end character just grinding on an insanely difficult dungeon or area just for fun, at least I love watching stuff like those all the time.

• 1 month later...

base game trial is around 6 GB, update patch it seem around a woopin 40 GB+

and I thought Gran Tourismo 6 physical version update size which was 21 GB was big.

Damn that's massive for PS3 standards imo . Now i know to never get Gran Turismo 6  xD  aswell as Destiny for PS3 .

Damn that's massive for PS3 standards imo . Now i know to never get Gran Turismo 6  xD  aswell as Destiny for PS3 .

MMO's were always tend to have a huge data size even on phone/tables.

" off topic " Gran Tourismo 6 is not an MMO game, sure it have a social features like online races, online tournaments, log in bonuses, and a community / groups section but I believe the reasons behind the 20GB size are first of all the installation ( 12GB ), you need to install half of the game content to the HDD to speed up the loading screens, this resulting the game to run with almost no loading screen at all, then you have the update patches ( 9GB ) include new cars under the name of premium or Detailed cars which takes an extra amont of size.

it's been long since last time I played GT6 as my ps3 stop reading discs, currently I only play digital games on it but I bet the requirements free data the game needs now are higher than 21GB with all of these latest patches.