Hoverboard Races Trophy Exploit

RavenousAardvark

I think I've just hit on an exploit for the 'Faster than a Speeding Amoeboid' and 'Kalebo Thunder' trophies.

I was on the final corner during the Rilgar race and was at about 1:33 on the clock so clearly not going to finish in under the 1:35. I paused and hit 'Quit Race' in order to speed the process for another attempt and then all of a sudden the trophy popped. Intrigued I headed over to Kalebo to try the same thing. Again I was at about 2:04 on the clock in the last section but not going to cross the line in time so I quit the race and once again the trophy popped.

I'm not sure if this has something to do with where I was in the race or if the game simply picks up on a certain possible time window in which the race can be finished and if you quit during that time it awards the trophy anyway?

I had something similar happen. I was trying the race on Rilgar and not having a lot of luck. On one attempt I had a major screw up during the third lap that cost me any chance of getting under the 1:35, so I quit out of the race. Then the trophy popped. At the time of me quitting the race I was at around 1:18 on the clock I think. So maybe it's a glitch caused on the third lap, since the time on the clock seems to be less of a factor.

I used this exploit, but for me it only worked when I was both in first place and under the time limit. On Kalebo it didn't work the first time I tried but that one is way easier to get than the one on Rilgar so I did it legit on my second attempt anyway.

This is a bug with patch 1.03 and so will most likely be fixed in 1.04 (coming next week) so if anyone is struggling now is the time to get it!

To get it to pop:

1. Go over the time limit for the trophy by 1 or 2 seconds

2. Make sure you're first

3. Pause and select "Quit Race"

4. Enjoy your trophy! 

• 2 weeks later...

correct. only works with 1.03 . so im just going to finish the final level and backlog the game for a bit and move on to something else.

stupid hoverboard races

Done, the race in Rilgar took me 4 Hours of tries, the one in kaleebo is much easyier thanks to the shortcuts, only 2 tries. Damn you insomniacs

correct. only works with 1.03 . so im just going to finish the final level and backlog the game for a bit and move on to something else.

stupid hoverboard races

Ok, some say it works to remove the patches, some say it doesn't. Have you (or anybody else) tried recently and can say definitively whether it works or not?

All I need for Plat is the Rilgar race, but I'm terrible at it. Went through this with the original game and it took me forever. But at least there it was just a time limit and you didn't have to contend with all the explosive crates. 

Went through this with the original game and it took me forever. But at least there it was just a time limit and you didn't have to contend with all the explosive crates. 

What?  The original race had TONS of explosive crates.

Reference:

What?  The original race had TONS of explosive crates.

Reference:

Well it's been a long long time. But the way I remember it, you didn't have to do a gold race or whatever, you could do the simplest version as long you beat the time limit.

But as I say, been a very long time and maybe my memory's faulty, wouldn't be the first time. Regardless, do know it took me forever, and stopped being fun long before finally beat it. :( 

Edited by Karmikazee

i got them both legit. patch 1.03 only. which you cant downgrade so i had to earn the proper way. but if you use invincibility cheat you can race through red boxes making it easier,

Invincibility cheat! NOW you tell me!

Anyway, if at first (second, third,....fiftieth) you don't succeed, cheat and bring in a ringer!! AKA grandson!!! :)  

Edited by Karmikazee
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, I'd also add that the slow-time cheat is handy here as well if you're trying to do this without the glitch. It's not ridiculous slow-mo, it probably slows time by about 50%, but it's often just what you need to ensure that you hit the boosts and corners you need to hit. I'd say that someone who gets the trophy with slow-speed on still earned it, it doesn't make it simple, but it does give you the edge you might need to make this a 30-minute process rather than a 5-hour one.  Once you learn the race and where you need to jump and boost and corner, it'll likely only take one or two more plays to get under 1:35.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I did both of them today. Like was said in this topic, the second race is easy if you use the shortcut. You don't really have to try that hard to get the time if you use it. There's also a gold bolt on the track somewhere by the way. The first race was almost rage inducing for me. I only did it after slowing down time and setting the invincibility cheat... Then again, a win is a win, so hurrah.

• Like 1