Hoverboard Races Trophy Exploit

RavenousAardvark

On 23.6.2018 at 7:49 AM, zizimonster said:

Does this glitch still work on patch 1.07 (the latest patch)? Can anyone confirm? ?

I haven't tried it yet, but since it is still on the trophy guide, I assume this still works. Thanks! ?

I don't know if this glitch still works on Patch 1.07. But it's better for you if you have some trouble later with this trophy to activate the invincibility cheat - as some other already mentioned. The only thing you have to do to get this option is to collect all gold bolts. If you use this in-game cheat you can run into explosive crates without losing your speed. Hope this will help you for later. :)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Buje-Boy said:

I don't know if this glitch still works on Patch 1.07. But it's better for you if you have some trouble later with this trophy to activate the invincibility cheat - as some other already mentioned. The only thing you have to do to get this option is to collect all gold bolts. If you use this in-game cheat you can run into explosive crates without losing your speed. Hope this will help you for later. :)

I can confirm it myself now that the glitch does NOT work anymore on patch 1.07.

Just did them trophies "legit" -- with invincibility and slow-mo cheats enabled. Got them on first try. ;D

• 2 years later...
On 6/27/2018 at 7:21 AM, zizimonster said:

I can confirm it myself now that the glitch does NOT work anymore on patch 1.07.

Just did them trophies "legit" -- with invincibility and slow-mo cheats enabled. Got them on first try. ;D

Invincibility and slow-mo definitely make these trophies very doable. The Kalebo race is very forgiving due to the two shortcuts that shave a lot of time. I had a far from perfect run and still managed to get it relatively easily. I was worried about Rilgar but the videos online do a great job of showing the best approach to take and how to cut some corners. I was able to get it on 3rd try.

On 11/26/2020 at 10:03 PM, LukeTheGooner said:

hopefully some one sees this, would you be able to get the glitch to work again if you reinstalled the game without an internet connection so it wouldn't be patched?

I actually don't know. I've never tried it. However, you don't really need the exploit. Invincibility and slo-mo cheats are enough to make these trophies easier. The trophies aren't rage-inducing, you'll earn it after a few tries. Also, video guides will definitely help. :)

15 hours ago, plataa89 said:

Invincibility and slow-mo definitely make these trophies very doable. The Kalebo race is very forgiving due to the two shortcuts that shave a lot of time. I had a far from perfect run and still managed to get it relatively easily. I was worried about Rilgar but the videos online do a great job of showing the best approach to take and how to cut some corners. I was able to get it on 3rd try.

Absolutely. :)

• 5 months later...

Ha! I checked this thread in the hope of finally being able to get them done, only to find you have to be within a second or two of failure for it to work lol. I can't get lower than 1.50 on the first course and the second I have done around 2.10 but cannot get the shortcuts, or the gold bolt in that race. Can't believe how the game goes from a nice and stress free trophy list, to then face plant into an obscene level of difficulty requirement for these two trophies. 

• 3 weeks later...

You Must consider doing tricks in the air as it increases the boost meter. I did not know this and had to try for about 2 hours to get trophy for the first race(I did not do tricks in the air). Second race is easy if you unlock the shortcuts

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 6/27/2018 at 6:21 AM, zizimonster said:

On 12/4/2020 at 8:52 AM, plafix68 said:

On 7/31/2021 at 11:12 PM, beebachewie720 said:

The Rilgar race can burn in hell.  I can’t do better than 1:38, and I have tried for hours.  I have not tried the slow time cheat, so I will give that a whirl.  Thanks for the tip!

On 8/15/2021 at 2:08 AM, medenko1975 said:

slow time helps?

On 9/28/2021 at 3:49 PM, mikem192 said:

Exactly. Slam slow mo and invincibility on and the hoverboard races become very easy 

I do not know what I am doing differently but slow down and invincibility are not helping me. Yes, I get faster than 1:35 now but I always end up in second place. I can never get in front of first. I run perfect races, collecting every box, cutting corners, hitting every boost, and I never get in front of them. So I can either do it regularly and win but over 1:35 or do it the way you all say and get under the time requirement but not win.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...