Enough Coin to Disappear

poindexta-

I couldn't figure out how to add a trophy tip, so I'm just making a thread here.

The trophy description and all the guides I've read say that you need to finish the game in low chaos with 10,000 coins for this trophy.  However, I just beat this DLC for the first time on a high chaos run, scooping up all coins I could find without spending any, and this trophy popped along with my high chaos ending trophy (just check my profile and the time stamps for these two trophies if you'd like).

I had originally misread the trophy and thought you just had to finish it with 10,000 coins, and it wasn't until I was finishing the second level that I read the "low chaos" part.  Regardless, I scoured the last level as well just to familiarize myself with it for my eventual low chaos run, and had over 10k coins when I completed the DLC.

Not sure if this would work for all versions, but somehow the trophy still popped even though I was running high chaos the whole way through.  I also had started a new game without importing a save from The Knife of Dunwall, so there was no carryover chaos to perhaps influence the trophy.

I know this game has been out for a while, as has the DLC, but I hadn't bought the DLC until recently when the GotY edition went on sale.  So for anyone who is working on the DLC trophies years after release like I am, I just wanted to post my experience with this potentially frustrating trophy in case it might make things easier for any of you.

Cheers

• Like 1

Yeah trophy tips were good.. Some games don't require guides, but still would have atleast 1 or 2 trophies that the tip system could solve.

Even with trophy guides, having tips along side them could offer multiple 'choices' to get a trophy.

For example my trophy guide for Helldivers, about 50% of those trophies are so easy they don't need a guide at all.. Yet because im not allowed to do tips on the few more complicated trophies, I was forced to write very long and detailed descriptions for the easy ones.

Edited by MafiaBrett
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

This is the most bullshitty trophy I have ever encountered. Imported my save to keep my powers and little did I know I had too few coins on that save to make it to 10k coins by the end. Only after HOURS of scouring the first two levels for coin did I realize this. May not even bother finishing it now, so pissed.

• 4 years later...

Does this still work? Playing on high chaos and getting 10.000 coins and still getting the trophy?

I am gonna try this as its the only (fast) way to get the last remaining trophies in Brigmore witches without having to play Knife of Dunwall again.

I have 2 saves (High Chaos and Low Chaos) from Knife of Dunwall from when i stopped playing back in 2014.

The high chaos save has 4.445 coins, so I only need 5.555 coins in Brigmore Witches and the low chaos save has even less coins collected (3705)

Because I'm coming back to this game after so much years, i figured it is easier to just go guns blazing and learn the controls again, killing everyone cause the bonecharms and upgrades I have on that save are focused on high chaos as well.

Edit: Still works on High Chaos!

Edited by SHADOW-KILLER-S2
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

I havent tested out, if the above works (I wish I had read this earlier), but I what worked for me was:

1. Play Knife of Dunwall High Chaos shooting everything, collecting all coins, getting to 7000 coins at the end. I followed this guide for all coins:

Spoiler

playlist:

2. Play Brigmore Witches in stealth, no kills, no detects, for the other trophies, while collecting at least 3000 coins, which is easy. Use this guide. At the end it was a low chaos run. So all trophies popped.

Spoiler

part 1,2,3 on this channel:

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

After many, many, many years I got back to this game. Playing Dishonored 2 made me wanna get back to this, I have GotY edition for PS3. Anyway, I had already done a low chaos / no kill / undetected run through Knife of Dunwall. Got back for a high chaos and ended with about 6k coins. Getting 4k on a low chaos undetected run through The Brigmore Witches wouldn't be so bad, but doing this on a high chaos is gonna make things even easier, I mean the less you go around after coins, the easier it is to remain undetected.

Thanks a lot for this man, helping people even after several years.