Best place to farm cores?

Botchweed

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Crazy thing is someone platted the game in 4 days and 19 hours Wtf, I don't think he slept.

I just play through the levels and kill everything

I just platted this afternoon.  about 3 days play time total (1dayish on 3 different saves).  It's not that hard, the hardest thing is finding the 12slot weapon.

As for the best place to farm cores.  UFO has good drop rates, minimum of 12/run, if you collect all the chests, (which unfortunately not alot of people do if you are hopping into someone elses UFO run)  I still preferred doing full clears of Barrow, Alaska, though.  This yields between 20 and 40 cores, depending on drops.  But aside from that, it also yields alot of xp, and alot of chances to drop legendaries (I get 1 - 2 per run, I've gotten lucky once and had 5 drop in one run, as a level 20 hardcore bio-spec, sadly)

I just started playing last week xD  

As to the cores subject, I just did a solo run of Barrow, Alaska on Legend difficulty (max difficulty with new patch).  I cleared the map of all challenges and all aliens. Netted 67 cores, 5 legendary weapons (nothing to write home about) and just over 650mil xp.