Do you like what you do for a living.

Zonpakuto

Law Enforcement wasn't my original career choice but I definitely enjoy what I do for a living. I still think that if I didn't have my son so young I'd be an over the road trucker right now, thanks to Smokey and the Bandit making me love semis when I was just a little kid. 

Parker

Not really. I'm an excavator operator and I honestly don't care about big machines and that kind of  stuff at all, but for some reason I've been doing this work for almost 10 years now. Pay is really good, but sometimes it feels like it's not worth it. But the main problem is I don't have any other options. I have no clue what to do with my life.

Edited by Juzota

Not really. I'm an excavator operator and I honestly don't care about big machines and that kind of  stuff at all, but for some reason I've been doing this work for almost 10 years now. Pay is really good, but sometimes it feels like it's not worth it. But the main problem is I don't have any other options. I have no clue what to do with my life.

the bolded statement is so extremely relatable!

i grew up in the wrong decade and because of that, its difficult to be the hippie that i intended on being.  :angry:  :angry:

Edited by Aalicia

Just a cashier for now, still undecided, even though I love video games, making them is a different story (you really gotta be into it if you're going to endure all those hours). I want a job that's enjoyable and gives me enough free time for games.

i was a cashier for 9 years and i do not miss it, well other then the i candy 4th of july that i miss.

Law Enforcement wasn't my original career choice but I definitely enjoy what I do for a living. I still think that if I didn't have my son so young I'd be an over the road trucker right now, thanks to Smokey and the Bandit making me love semis when I was just a little kid. 

Parker

what type of law enforcement are you?

Pays the bills. At its best it's something I don't dislike. Having a job that you love or like is a childhood fantasy you eventually grow out of. That usually happens around the time that people you care about start depending on you to be able to support them.

true.

With the first job that I am working for all thanks to my teacher hooking me up to work at a pest control shop as a cleaner organizing things, I love it so much. Might be my career, but idk if I may still work there where right now I still dealing with working at Fridays a week for only 18 dollars. But it ain't that ad where as long if they need me more for two days of my old schedule back, and enjoying my job with the support then I like it.

• Like 1

I stack shelves at a supermarket. It isn't glamorous but it also isn't hard. Doesn't pay a ton, but enough to pay the bills and let me get new games and stuff. Do I like what I do? Not really, but as I said, it isn't hard and pays enough for me to be comfortable enough, for now.

• Like 1

M

My current part time job is that of a school bus driver. Primarily JK to grade 8 kids. I hate the job because it pays below the poverty line.

I'm trying to get into my field which would be media. Hopefully I make it.

media as in news media?

I work in a factory manufacturing garages/houses/sheds. It's a good company to work for but I can't say I like it although I don't dislike it either. At the end of the day it's a job to pay the bills so I can do what I really love doing which is watching movies and playing video games.

• Like 1

It is not that I don't like what I do but being in Alaska, what I do is very seasonal. I work my ass off pulling crazy hours for 5-6 month out of the year doing decorative concrete work. Like exposed aggregate side walks, patios and concrete sinks. Will do slabs here and there but my Boss is the real brains behind the work. The other 6-7 months I am quite broke. I would even take a sightly lower paid job as long as it meant I could work all year. That isn't a possibility at the moment because my neighbor and I are a 2 man crew. He knows much more than I do though so he can get contracts during the winter doing things that I don't know how too and they won't hire someone that isn't 100% sure they are doing it the right way. Haven't really started work yet but when I do we have a big project left over from last summer that we weren't able to finish. Doing some exposed aggregate retaining walls and a couple other things, it was a pretty big job, my boss quoted it at $30,000

Edited by skateak

I'm currently studying for videogame design. Honestly, I think of becoming a professor on the field for a while after gaining enough experience, and later on start my own gaming company.

Pretty sure I'll enjoy the ride despite the hardships.

• Like 1