Do you like what you do for a living.

Zonpakuto

It is not that I don't like what I do but being in Alaska, what I do is very seasonal. I work my ass off pulling crazy hours for 5-6 month out of the year doing decorative concrete work. Like exposed aggregate side walks, patios and concrete sinks. Will do slabs here and there but my Boss is the real brains behind the work. The other 6-7 months I am quite broke. I would even take a sightly lower paid job as long as it meant I could work all year. That isn't a possibility at the moment because my neighbor and I are a 2 man crew. He knows much more than I do though so he can get contracts during the winter doing things that I don't know how too and they won't hire someone that isn't 100% sure they are doing it the right way. Haven't really started work yet but when I do we have a big project left over from last summer that we weren't able to finish. Doing some exposed aggregate retaining walls and a couple other things, it was a pretty big job, my boss quoted it at $30,000

I believe Alaska is very expensive place to live i imagine the people appreciate what you do .
  • Like 1

I'm currently combining the joys of full time employment with university. 

So, I run a bakery for a supermarket chain. I could do without the 5.30am starts but it's not the worst paying job for the retail/customer service sector. Plus my employer was flexible enough to allow me to work four ten hour shifts a week rather than five eight hour shifts so I have more time for studying. I'd say I enjoy it overall, for the social aspect more than anything. Some of the people I work with are amazing and I don't have a lot of time to socialize otherwise so it's invaluable in that regard. 

I still have two years before my uni course is over. And I've still to decide what to do. I can either see what kinda job I can get with the honours degree, or leave full time employment and chase my PhD. I'll probably make a decision at the end of my third year. Until then I'll keep doing what I'm doing now, it's pretty tiring but it's manageable, so long as you prioritize correctly  :)

Edited by FarSideOfSaturn

I'm a Vet Assistant currently training to get my RVT licence and although I love what I do, I get stressed out a lot.

I work in an animal Pathology Laboratory, As much as I don't like knowing when someones pet will be put to sleep, the majority of the work is rewarding..

Just another office worker here. It's not the best job, but it could definitely be a whole lot worse. Plus, having a definite schedule with weekends and holidays is a luxury I enjoy. It pays the bills I do have right now, and still leaves me with plenty to spend and save.

I have no idea if I'll be doing this my whole life though...

• Like 1

Cable guy. I'm indifferent to it. I hate the company I contract for. The people they put in charge of my contracting company are just as emotionally unstable as somebody with schizophrenia and bipolar at the same time. You should see the emails they send my boss. They're infuriating. I have no idea how such wack jobs who know nothing about the job they are supervising got there.

I work in a quarry and regularly set off 6000kg of explosives.

Its the most disappointing way to spend about £15,000

W

and like an evening with Z1MZUM the interesting bit is over in 0.6 seconds

I work in a quarry and regularly set off 6000kg of explosives.

Its the most disappointing way to spend about £15,000

and like an evening with Z1MZUM the interesting bit is over in 0.6 seconds

what are you mining for?

Right now I work at GameStop. It seems all fun for the younger kids but when you have the clueless parents &the customers that literally hate their lives and take it out on you, the job is hmmmm.. not so much fun anymore! Especially the attitude kids and "young adults" with no ID give me when I ask them for ID to buy them an M rated game. It's annoying, but at the end it is hilarious to laugh at just because of how sad they really are ...

Right now I work at GameStop. It seems all fun for the younger kids but when you have the clueless parents &the customers that literally hate their lives and take it out on you, the job is hmmmm.. not so much fun anymore! Especially the attitude kids and "young adults" with no ID give me when I ask them for ID to buy them an M rated game. It's annoying, but at the end it is hilarious to laugh at just because of how sad they really are ...

any type of retail is a pain.

Graduated last year and been in my first Web Development job for a year now. Love what i do, but clients can be very stupid and non cooperative...

nice.

Washing Dishes at a restaurant for four years? Not really.
Kind of wish I had a better job that paid more, but I'm kind of pretty much stuck here since I can't pass interviews at all.
They say they will call and I pretty much never expect them to.
That I'm not sure if I can quit anyway so I've been attempting to a get a 2nd job and work both jobs if I ever do get a 2nd.

It's ok. It's not what I was trained in but I moved to a remote part of the U.K. As I'm not really into cities. And I get the sea on my doorstep.

It pays crap but enough to live and enjoy gaming. And the location is pretty good aside from a lack of people and therefore little social life .

We need more staff too so my hours are stupid atm but that will change

It's ok. It's not what I was trained in but I moved to a remote part of the U.K. As I'm not really into cities. And I get the sea on my doorstep.

It pays crap but enough to live and enjoy gaming. And the location is pretty good aside from a lack of people and therefore little social life .

We need more staff too so my hours are stupid atm but that will change

I have a picture of your doorstep view?
  • Like 1

I have a picture of your doorstep view?

rNdX8iw.jpg?1

I live at work, in the flat underneath lol  -_-   Excuse the awful weather, welcome to the uk!

But over the road, you can see the boat poles in the harbour (through the rain haze   :devil: ) So, not literally my doorstep but maybe a 30 second walk lol, we have a nice beach about 5 minutes away  :lol: I bet this was kind of disappointing picture :D

Edited by VitalFury

rNdX8iw.jpg?1

I live at work, in the flat underneath lol  -_-   Excuse the awful weather, welcome to the uk!

But over the road, you can see the boat poles in the harbour (through the rain haze   :devil: ) So, not literally my doorstep but maybe a 30 second walk lol, we have a nice beach about 5 minutes away  :lol: I bet this was kind of disappointing picture :D

i dont live near water, my girlfriend loves the water she always talks about it.
  • Like 1

Private hire cab controller here for slightly under 14 years now.  It was getting extremely boring and I was on the verge of packing it in, until I was offered a promotion to the admin department last month with better hours, which I naturally accepted.  Now I'm learning an entirely new side to the business which could lead to an entirely new career, so it's become interesting all over again. :)

When I was a kid, I used to want to want to become a comic book artist, and would spend nearly all my free time drawing comic art and characters - Superman, Batman, X-Men, Transformers, and more - but as I got older, left school and started working, my artistic output has dropped dramatically.  I still do some of it here and there though, to try and keep in practice.  Becoming an artist is never gonna happen though.  Eh, such is life.

Im a checker at a grocery store, and I really like the job, now im not always happy to be there, sometimes i wish i had the day off, but all in all its a very fun job, and you get a lot of good stories. 

I dont want to do this forever though, I want to be a Hotel Manager at a Disney hotel. But thats in the future.

• Like 1